Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#26 Old 9th Jul 2016 at 3:41 AM
Do you not like Super Mario 3D World, or just haven't had time to play it?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#27 Old 9th Jul 2016 at 4:06 AM
Hadn't had much time to play due to the move to New Jersey.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Scholar
#28 Old 9th Jul 2016 at 4:54 AM
I can understand that. What do you think of it so far, and would you compare it to any other Mario game? I know there are all sorts of reviews out there and everything, but it's always nice to have an unbiased opinion. I don't trust most major review sites anyway.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#29 Old 9th Jul 2016 at 11:11 PM
Actually, since this is my first Mario platformer, I have to say the only shortcomings is the green star requirements to enter that world's boss battle level and the fact you have a time limit and the fact you are practically racing against the clock while searching for items like stamps, power ups and various projectile objects.

However, I have been able to run gold flags up the goal pole if I meet the conditions.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

Scholar
#30 Old 9th Jul 2016 at 11:26 PM
The star requirements sound a bit like Super Mario 64. There are areas in that game where you need a certain amount of stars to progress, and it takes a certain amount to get to the final area of the game (unless you use glitches which kind of ruins the fun of actually playing). The time limit sounds like it might be a bit of a pain, I'm not a big fan of time limits in games. Then again the original Super Mario Bros game had a time limit, but it wasn't that hard to manage since it was a pretty basic game.

Have you ever played any of the Paper Mario games? The one on the Wii (Super Paper Mario) is more like a classic style Mario game, while the other Paper Mario games also add in RPG elements. I haven't played the ones after Super Paper Mario, but I love the first 3 games. I just recently finished the one on the Gamecube again (Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door), I always enjoy playing that.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#31 Old 10th Jul 2016 at 1:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by haywud
The star requirements sound a bit like Super Mario 64. There are areas in that game where you need a certain amount of stars to progress, and it takes a certain amount to get to the final area of the game (unless you use glitches which kind of ruins the fun of actually playing). The time limit sounds like it might be a bit of a pain, I'm not a big fan of time limits in games. Then again the original Super Mario Bros game had a time limit, but it wasn't that hard to manage since it was a pretty basic game.

Have you ever played any of the Paper Mario games? The one on the Wii (Super Paper Mario) is more like a classic style Mario game, while the other Paper Mario games also add in RPG elements. I haven't played the ones after Super Paper Mario, but I love the first 3 games. I just recently finished the one on the Gamecube again (Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door), I always enjoy playing that.

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door? My gawd, that's one of my favorites. The appeal system and because it had very little voice acting, relying nearly entirely on text, I found myself voicing every single character from the main characters, to the various characters in the background. I have a rather interesting repertoire of voices on hand.

Scholar
#32 Old 10th Jul 2016 at 6:37 PM
Mario does seem to say "oh yeah" quite a bit, oh wait excuse me I meant The Great Gonzales. I just love that game, it's just a lot of fun to play. I kind of wish they made a game for Luigi about the story he tells when you talk to him during each chapter, that would have been pretty cool. Doing your own voices sounds like a lot of fun, I need to try that sometime. I used to be pretty good at doing different voices, though I haven't really tried lately. I'm sure I could still do it if I tried. I have read the text dialogue out loud in games before, but never really in a serious way. I usually do it just to be silly, especially when the dialogue itself is a bit cheesy.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#33 Old 11th Jul 2016 at 5:48 AM
Once again, I got hit by a wall of stress. I had no appetite, I felt feverish and like I was being choked, I had trouble trying to eat...yep, I had quite a day.

Overall, I got some groceries and I had a repayment from the cashier when I was getting groceries. Still $3.10 is a decent amount for savings on chocolates, 1% milk, Mac and cheese and protein drinks. Some guy behind me admitted he had an addictive personality and quitting was his weak point because he'd go from one bad habit to another.

I am going to miss the local color of my town when I move.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#34 Old 13th Jul 2016 at 10:34 PM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 13th Jul 2016 at 10:52 PM.
Bad news: my grandfather is selling the old house. Won't be living in Princeton area.
Good news: I will be living in a larger house with four bedrooms in Glen Gardner.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#35 Old 16th Jul 2016 at 3:56 PM
Out of the insane chores I am asked to do, Googling showtunes wasn't in the roommate agreement my parents laid down.

One in particular, involved ducks at the beginning. It was from a well-versed prankster who was defacing zoo property with prank fun fact signs referencing to the iconic "76 Trombones" from "The Music Man" at the petting zoo.

Otherwise, I am recuperating from a heavy workload.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#36 Old 21st Jul 2016 at 9:38 AM
There are nights where I ponder over thing that are banality of the highest form, like wondering the benefits of sleeping in the nude, what kind of camera to buy when I earn the money to make High Quality movies in 4k and what should I called the puppy and kitten we get once Gemini passes away.

These legitimate thoughts weigh heavy when I have trouble sleeping.

What keeps me up all night long in thought is matters of the universe. When I get wind of news like the death toll in Turkey or Donald Trump threatening to imprison both Muslims and Mexicans in internment camps, I question the Pantheon of the matter on "how could this grave threat evade your detection?"

This is not really helpful for my stress to worry about my deadline or my health. Better find a way to relieve this.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#37 Old 24th Jul 2016 at 10:21 PM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 24th Jul 2016 at 10:58 PM.
Well with 1.5 months left, we are all under pressure at home. A recent argument over packing led to my mother and I shouting at each other, she calls me worthless in some way, I have a bad enough crying fit to release adrenaline, the adrenaline is not burned off, so I get a nasty headache.

I heard my parents negotiate that we are to take care of our own things.

PS The shouting matches have been normal since my teenage days.

Scholar
#38 Old 24th Jul 2016 at 11:12 PM
I hope you can find some time to relax. Letting yourself get too stressed out really isn't good for you, trust me I know all too well. I let myself get stressed out over the simplest of things, and it just drives me crazy sometimes. Like now for example I'm really stressed out about trying to get my life back on track, and I know that stress is just making things worse but it's tough dealing with it. So try and just sit back and relax once in a while whenever you get the chance. Keep coming back here and typing out something when you're stressed out, typing out random things seems to help me to relax most of the time.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#39 Old 25th Jul 2016 at 4:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by haywud
I hope you can find some time to relax. Letting yourself get too stressed out really isn't good for you, trust me I know all too well. I let myself get stressed out over the simplest of things, and it just drives me crazy sometimes. Like now for example I'm really stressed out about trying to get my life back on track, and I know that stress is just making things worse but it's tough dealing with it. So try and just sit back and relax once in a while whenever you get the chance. Keep coming back here and typing out something when you're stressed out, typing out random things seems to help me to relax most of the time.

Lately I got back on track. I have been writing a book with a Sailor Moon send up involving interdimensional and intergalactic intrigue, reincarnation and future selves, mysterious couples within the straight and LGBTX spectrum of orientations society has and interesting names based on my passion for Japanese cuisine.

I plan to make this a multi book saga with no definitive ending until I decide to quit.

Scholar
#40 Old 25th Jul 2016 at 5:41 AM
I wish I had the creativity to do something like that, that sounds like it could really be interesting. I wrote a poem recently, and that was pretty hard for me to do and it wasn't even a long poem either. I've only let a few people see it, and I have a feeling most of them said it was good just to be nice. I wanted to try more poems, but my mind just doesn't want to cooperate with me long enough to really be able to come up with any good ideas. I still may try another one, though it might take me a while. I hope things go well with your writing!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#41 Old 26th Jul 2016 at 12:15 AM
Day 3 of the Rush to Clean for the Photographer

My parents are going all out to turn the house around so a photographer can put his photos of the house online so buyers can see what kind of house we're selling.

Unfortunately, because of my arrangement, I had to toss more stuff, get rid of my BILLY bookcases and donate other stuff and otherwise trash more trash.

It's rather bare but my room is rather neat.

I hate the fact my garbage men only pick up recycling once a fortnight. I have a ton of old papers that need the toss out.

However, today was a special case as me and my father made triple fudge brownies. Ghirardelli makes food-gasm worthy chocolate goods. In the words of the iconic Homer Simpson "Mmmmm...triple fudge brownies...(cue catatonic drooling)"

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#42 Old 27th Jul 2016 at 6:43 AM
Today was quite a day for Day 4.

Boxes were taped, money was organized, printer misbehaved, contemplated on the smell of burning red tea, which would be fermented black tea on fire; had chicken for dinner and reminisced about my cat Socks and her biscuit thievery at the end of her life.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#43 Old 28th Jul 2016 at 2:26 AM
Day 5: Majority of my crap is finally packed (cues fanfare) and now I can used the spare time to finish neatening the room for open house presentations. My dad commended my efforts this past week's time. I have about 5 days remaining before the photographer comes to shoot the photos and the first weekend in August is open house.

As for novel writing, the backstory is vague but the cat, dog and pig are named after edible sea plants in Japanese cooking.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#44 Old 30th Jul 2016 at 1:09 AM
After one week of constant cleaning and packing, with precious little time to indulge in video games you wish the real development teams made, I thought today would be easy to relax in...until a bird somehow got in my room. The window has a screen mesh, so that option was out. Turned out our cat Gemini finally caught a live bird. I was able to separate the bird and my cat until dad got home. During the seclusion, I shot video of the bird playing in the closet. She had a thing for using my coat hangers as her monkey bars. Dad went in and used a plastic bucket and a large piece of cardboard and freed the poor thing outside.

Gemini went and pouted and whined about she almost had a bird, which is a number of steps up from catching grasshoppers.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#45 Old 2nd Aug 2016 at 7:47 AM
My fretting over the presentation of the house today, especially since the photographer, a cat lady like myself, was scheduled today to take the photos of the rooms, was a nightmare.

Now, with that done, open house is this upcoming weekend and once again, I am at a loss.

However, I received a NFL Stadium approved handbag, blank BD-Rs (Blu-Rays), five coin purses I am using for holding dollar bills (they are on the large side), a year's supply of period pads (the ones I buy can be turned into a pile of compost and buying one month's supply is $13 whereas as a year's is $45. It pays to be conscious of self and Mother Nature.) and my latest gadget accessory, a new 128GB microSD card, currently being loaded with videos for our 10 day trip.

We are driving about 300 miles per day as me and my parents are not beheld to employment or structured studies. So from Seattle to West New Jersey, roughly 3000 miles, so it can be done. Besides, I promised my mother we'd see the tourist traps, especially the ones in South Dakota.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#46 Old 8th Aug 2016 at 3:33 AM
Sorry for not writing back lately. But Thursday, 4 hours after our house was listed...we had up to 21 groups look around. But it meant leaving the house for hours on end. I drew a smiley face on dad's bald spot after a few rounds of hangman and dog watching in the park and by that time, we were laughing idiotically.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#47 Old 9th Aug 2016 at 5:59 AM
Today, I visited an old haunt and they knew me well enough that I didn't need to flash my ID. (I deal with unsavory types like they were my teachers and the pastors and priests I've associated with.) I said my goodbyes because it may be unlikely I will have time to see them again.

I also checked out the local secondhand gaming shop. Sad that I might never step foot in it ever again.

This "one life, one meeting" mushy crap is getting the better of me.

I also tire of eating out. I hope to eat a home cooked meal soon. I would really love to eat my own cooking. However, red velvet cake donuts were tasty.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#48 Old 19th Aug 2016 at 4:34 PM
The house is finally sold and I am happy to announce we as a family are about to leave after Labor Day. Just waiting to get a hitch attached to my mother's car, dad sells the old 20 year old luxury car that served him well, do final packing, load the trailer and POD and get out of here.

The only reason beyond meeting family with this move is because the homeless problem in our area has become a point of contention to the point of violence.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#49 Old 20th Aug 2016 at 4:22 AM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 20th Aug 2016 at 9:58 AM.
Okay, change of plans. No hitch attached due to car's weak capacity, route re-mapped due to family's mental health and we planned to stay on the road for about 10 days, 2 of which is in a city near a giant Christmas Decoration Depot in Frankenmuth. My mom wanted to see South Dakota and Frankenmuth. Still, the change of plans is minor.

P.S. To be honest, I haven't been playing The Sims lately due to adjustment of location and medication.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#50 Old 23rd Aug 2016 at 5:29 AM
Today, 3 creative counterprotests brought a good feeling to my heart.

In New York, a woman's anti-Muslim protest outside the nearest fire station to the World Trade Center was drowned out by the fire alarm being intentionally tripped.

In Scotland, a homophobic priest was drowned out by the bagpipes a teenager was blaring as part of his counterprotest

In South Carolina, one Matt Buck goes around embarrassing the KKK with his handy sousaphone playing "Ride of the Valkyries".

It seems hatred must finally face the music...the hard way.

Page 2 of 3