Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Original Maxis CAS! Screens

by FalseZen Posted 20th Apr 2005 at 1:14 PM - Updated 24th Mar 2016 at 2:09 PM by FalseZen : Updated for Ultimate Collection

34 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 31 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 20th Apr 2005 at 2:01 PM Last edited by micl2u : 20th Apr 2005 at 2:07 PM.
Univesity now has two files, CAS! and a YACAS! file .....Things have changed......it's harder to have custom CAS!

The CAS! files.... one in TS2 and other in University ...must match and renaming YA does not work......if you wanted to get rid of turn table.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 20th Apr 2005 at 3:11 PM
drgonzo! whats UEP?
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 20th Apr 2005 at 3:38 PM
UEP ----> University Expansion Pack
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 20th Apr 2005 at 3:48 PM
thanx kitiara. Do you have your own site, kitiara?
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 20th Apr 2005 at 4:00 PM
earth on kitiara! earth on kitiara! are you still there? :D
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 20th Apr 2005 at 7:19 PM
Great idea FalseZen
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 20th Apr 2005 at 11:04 PM
Ok what were the original package names because all my create family screens are university and uhhhh I CANT TELL THEM APART Which one is which!!! After installing Windiara's CAS! it screwed up my game and i cant see the sims while building them someone help majore issue!!
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 20th Apr 2005 at 11:14 PM
I Am very very confused someone help please!!!
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 21st Apr 2005 at 12:06 AM
i already have that cas file. but how do i get a new terrin to work in my game after i put it in the right folder?
Instructor
Original Poster
#11 Old 21st Apr 2005 at 5:32 AM Last edited by FalseZen : 21st Apr 2005 at 9:46 AM.
Good point micl2u

The only way to get rid of the turn table now is to use the "MoveObjects on" code and slap a rug over it or something. hee hee

And rockonashleesimpson- CAS!.packages, and YACAS!.packages are the original file names in University. For further help, you need to got to the Sims 2 FAQs & Support at http://forums.modthesims2.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 21st Apr 2005 at 11:54 PM
Hi FalseZen :howdy:

I think it's a excellent idea // Thx to think to our little CAS! which suffer so much pain //THX for them :elephant:
Quote: Originally posted by rockonashleesimpson
Ok what were the original package names because all my create family screens are university and uhhhh I CANT TELL THEM APART Which one is which!!! After installing Windiara's CAS! it screwed up my game and i cant see the sims while building them someone help majore issue!!

CAS! is for the sim original (put it in C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Les Sims 2\TSData\Res\GlobalLots) but I notice you can put it in dowload folder -> it work.
YaCas for university (C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Les Sims 2 Académie\TSData\Res\GlobalLots)
I hope i answer to your question :fallen:
#13 Old 19th Jun 2005 at 2:53 AM
Omg!
You saved me! Thank you soo much for posting this..!!
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 19th Jun 2005 at 4:01 AM
I put the CAS! in the "My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads" and they still work!
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 8th Jul 2005 at 2:24 AM
EXACTLY WHAT I NEEDED !!! thanks
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 14th Jul 2005 at 7:14 PM
now i can modify the origional cas again
Test Subject
#17 Old 26th Jul 2005 at 12:30 PM
Thank You Sooooo Much
your a life saver.....:moose:
:bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow:
Test Subject
#18 Old 30th Jul 2005 at 12:50 AM
I think you ROCK!!! Thank you! I had downloaded a pretty CAS but didn't understand about putting it in both Sims2 and Sims2 Uni. I've saved your 'original' file just in case but now I'm going to give the replacement one a try. Thanks so much!
Test Subject
#19 Old 30th Jul 2005 at 4:24 PM
FalseZen's original CAS screens already helped me once, but now I don't know what to do...instaed of loading the CAS, I only see a blue screen, I replaced the modified CAS-Screens (in both folders non-EP and Uni) and have now the original ones again, but nothing changed! Please help me, I don't know what to do!
Test Subject
#20 Old 30th Jul 2005 at 4:39 PM
the usual way (delete JWOODS Sunrise set) didn't work ... (sorry for my english, I'm still learning)
Forum Resident
#21 Old 11th Aug 2005 at 6:04 AM
I wish I would of founf=d this thread before. I had to reinstall my game becuse I forgot to backup the original CAS.
Mesh Maestro
#22 Old 15th Aug 2005 at 2:09 AM Last edited by JWoods : 15th Aug 2005 at 2:12 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by erebosa
the usual way (delete JWOODS Sunrise set) didn't work ... (sorry for my english, I'm still learning)

The Sunrise bed causing the pale blue cas screen in some cases has been updated with a fixed version of the bed in question(by me) some time ago. Seems a great many folks with the original stated absolutely no problem. I redid the entire bedroom because I my wife had the same problem on her PC. I had no problem so the issue may be resolved for some and not others. Though myself and other notable modders have not found anything wrong with the intial object I felt caused the issue, I chose to remake it anyway...

Very nice idea in resubmitting the original CAS screen it will be helpful for those who do not backup or find the originals...

Reading is the key to all knowledge, math is the key to everything.
Test Subject
#23 Old 22nd Dec 2005 at 6:23 PM
Thanks so much! I forgot to back up my original.
#24 Old 23rd Dec 2005 at 1:41 AM
thanks! this saved me!
Field Researcher
#25 Old 27th Jan 2006 at 8:50 AM
Thank you for that. I deleted my original CAS and replace it by a different one that I don't like anymore and that I can not replace ...I don't know why.
Page 1 of 2