Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#51 Old 30th Aug 2016 at 12:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Dixieland
This isn't exactly about City Life per say, but a newer toddler model was found in the game files. Some creative folks added clothing and hair to it and the end result is that it looks an awful lot like the toddler that appeared in the 2015 render.

http://ts4news.com/post/14965848765...eternitystudios

Update on this:
EA has stated that all toddler-related models are purely old assets created solely for the infamous render of October 2015... So the whole toddler model fiasco was just the Sims Team making a show of how well their lips fit on the pants seat of the newest CEO of EA. Lovely.

http://ts4news.com/post/14966974455...ur-will-to-live

A fool and his money are soon parted. ~ Thomas Tusser
Advertisement
Scholar
#52 Old 30th Aug 2016 at 12:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chax
I'm going to say it again... I don't understand this EP so far. I mean, apartments can be fun, but other than that, we already have Get Together. They make everything towards young adults and partying and socializing. We already have that. We actually already have it in the base game... The city from Get Together already has a part of it being city-like (the part next to the water - you can barely see the old-looking houses in the back, everything is very modern). I just feel like it's useless to give us this EP. They could have put Apartments in another EP. Why aren't they giving us something exciting that isn't focused towards young adults and all that. I know this is redundant, but I wish they would make pets and seasons... Or a EP focused towards families or something. Anything but this lol. OF COURSE IM STILL GONNA BUY THIS EP LIKE THE WEAK EXCITED-FOR-NEW-CONTENT FAN THAT I AM THOUGH.

The only thing I'm really missing is the cars, or at least give the NPC's some cars so it doesn't looked like they walked all way from... god knows...
Mad Poster
#53 Old 30th Aug 2016 at 1:12 PM
That still looks a little light (ever so slightly) for an EP, but TS3 has spoiled me. How about a few more hobbies? Or some crime?

Someone mentioned a reputation system - which is great for a city EP where quarters are close, and everyone knows everyone, and would pair well with the club system, requiring each club member to maintain a reputation level (minimum, and maximum).

This is also essential to politics, where your reputation can change the way other Sims view them, based on normal social biases, which would change campaigns for that Sim, since one's reputation is all about how others see you, not what's actually true.

*looks at Hillary Clinton*

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Forum Resident
#54 Old 30th Aug 2016 at 2:31 PM
I wonder if they're combining the Metropolis concept with Town Life? For anyone who needs a refresher:
Quote:
METROPOLIS
Move into a bustling, modern city! Live in new apartments and penthouses, eat at food carts and shop at street markets, and immerse your Sims in the different cultures of the city by exploring the many diverse neighborhoods.

TOWN LIFE

Create a vibrant and evolving new town for your Sims to explore! Build out your town with new venues including pop-up restaurants, coffee shops, farmers’ markets, amongst others. Change the rules of your town by becoming Mayor and making your own laws or use new neighborhood editing tools to fully customize your town as you see fit!

Details/Features
  • Brand New Venues: Visit a variety of new places around town including restaurants, coffee shops, and laundromats.
    Community Events: Participate in new events happening all over town! Buy fresh groceries from the famers’ market or have a fancy dinner at an exclusive pop-up restaurant.
  • Be the Mayor: Get into a career as a local politician! Start off as a community organizer, setting up protests at the new City Hall venue. Get enough support and become the Mayor, making new laws that affect the whole world!
  • Customize the Town: Decorate your entire town with the new neighborhood editing tools. Control which Sims visit the town and even which ones move in with a variety of new options.

If they're changing the technical structure of worlds so that they're editable in-game (in some capacity), then that could explain why there's been such a huge delay...
Forum Resident
#55 Old 30th Aug 2016 at 3:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Dorsal Axe
I wonder if they're combining the Metropolis concept with Town Life? For anyone who needs a refresher:

If they're changing the technical structure of worlds so that they're editable in-game (in some capacity), then that could explain why there's been such a huge delay...

If we can actually customize the neighborhood again and they are more than a crappy image , I would actually consider playing TS4 :P

Check my tumblr:
http://eliasctifler.tumblr.com/
:)
Top Secret Researcher
#56 Old 30th Aug 2016 at 7:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Dixieland
Update on this:
EA has stated that all toddler-related models are purely old assets created solely for the infamous render of October 2015... So the whole toddler model fiasco was just the Sims Team making a show of how well their lips fit on the pants seat of the newest CEO of EA. Lovely.

http://ts4news.com/post/14966974455...ur-will-to-live

Yeahh, that was 90% obvious. I'm still sad

Late night was my favorite sims 3 EP because city and apartments. And I plainly mean city with apartments not even any other activities matter. Not that I mind the extra at all, lol.
I love apartments, and I want a real city background. Windenburg old-town background is seriously not doing it for me.
Top Secret Researcher
#57 Old 30th Aug 2016 at 9:29 PM
Get together and this EP should have been made as one EP. I mean, it's sooooo URBZ-like that i can't even...

Also.. another active career. Nice.
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 1st Sep 2016 at 3:41 PM
Politics career has the potential to be really interesting...
Fundraising parties (like in sims 3), stump speeches, yard signs, periodic elections (you lose your job if you haven't raised enough funds, have lost reputation points, or something else), debates, lawmaking (can impact how much sims' bills are maybe).

I'd also like the return of burgler NPCs and then a lawyer career to go along with that. Just give us more careers, more storytelling potential.
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 1st Sep 2016 at 6:40 PM
Well.... I hope if there are apartments they work more like ts2 ones and nothing like ts3 ones. And I hope we don't wind up with a repeat of the celebrity plauge system and stalker paparazzi. No matter what it includes it sounds like it'll be more YA party type stuff, but that's to be expected at this point. I just hope it doesn't add too many headaches that have to be modded out.

Basically if they do apartments right and add something like a politics career I'll be impressed. And if they also make the neighborhoods even somehwat editable I'll be blown away.
Top Secret Researcher
#60 Old 1st Sep 2016 at 7:36 PM
There is no reason why GT and this EP could not have been combined.

~* Childish, Eco-Friendly, Snob, Couch Potato, Inappropriate *~
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 1st Sep 2016 at 8:03 PM
Quote:
METROPOLIS
Move into a bustling, modern city! Live in new apartments and penthouses, eat at food carts and shop at street markets, and immerse your Sims in the different cultures of the city by exploring the many diverse neighborhoods.

TOWN LIFE

Create a vibrant and evolving new town for your Sims to explore! Build out your town with new venues including pop-up restaurants, coffee shops, farmers’ markets, amongst others. Change the rules of your town by becoming Mayor and making your own laws or use new neighborhood editing tools to fully customize your town as you see fit!

Details/Features
Brand New Venues: Visit a variety of new places around town including restaurants, coffee shops, and laundromats.
Community Events: Participate in new events happening all over town! Buy fresh groceries from the famers’ market or have a fancy dinner at an exclusive pop-up restaurant.
Be the Mayor: Get into a career as a local politician! Start off as a community organizer, setting up protests at the new City Hall venue. Get enough support and become the Mayor, making new laws that affect the whole world!
Customize the Town: Decorate your entire town with the new neighborhood editing tools. Control which Sims visit the town and even which ones move in with a variety of new options.

So they're just ripping off modders? I already have Political career tract and it was free from Zerbu, EA.
Top Secret Researcher
#62 Old 1st Sep 2016 at 8:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HarVee
EA should join politics in this case... they could start new party... the L&P (Lies and Propaganda) party. And then run for president of the world.

Oh how I wish that happened... at least then our suffering would end, as they unleash the apocalypse unto this world.

Who cares about Trump... Vote for EA!
Mad Poster
#63 Old 2nd Sep 2016 at 1:55 PM

Forum Resident
#64 Old 2nd Sep 2016 at 3:45 PM
Ooh, recycled Windenburg flags.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#65 Old 2nd Sep 2016 at 4:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Dorsal Axe
Via SimsCommunity

Down below you can see the potential EP3 render screen, which kinda seems to be scanned from a printed piece of paper. It also has a potential of being a render of City Life’s box art.

– Apartments

– Basketball

– City Cultural Festivals

– Politics Career

The e-mail was sent to us by an unknown person who presented himself/herself as ”Sim Nonymous”.

What do we reckon? Legit or not?
The first Sim in that render is a thug, the second a hooker, and the third a tourist. It's going to be like Sims1: Hot Date. The city will be a travel destination.
/shuts down crystal ball
Top Secret Researcher
#66 Old 2nd Sep 2016 at 10:45 PM
WTH is with the street lanterns and overly hippie style? I thought we already had enough of bohemian stuff. I guess I was wrong.

Also, they listened to us, but they spaned the content in three different packs:

http://forums.thesims.com/en_Us/dis...own-life-hybrid

Though, even after three packs, they somehow managed to give us only half of the things listed there.
Theorist
#67 Old 2nd Sep 2016 at 11:26 PM
Preeeeeeetttttyyyyy sure that's traditional Indian clothing... not "hippie" style. I assume it's to do with the cultural festivals.
Mad Poster
#68 Old 2nd Sep 2016 at 11:39 PM
Will Indian clothing come with Indian build/buy items? Many of the cultural sets knocked it out of the park in TS3, and bringing that element back in TS4 would be perfect.

Instructor
#69 Old 3rd Sep 2016 at 3:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
Will Indian clothing come with Indian build/buy items? Many of the cultural sets knocked it out of the park in TS3, and bringing that element back in TS4 would be perfect.

I wonder if they'll(can) add Indian dance to GT's dancing skill

Let's just agree to disagree.
Top Secret Researcher
#70 Old 3rd Sep 2016 at 10:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TMBrandon
Preeeeeeetttttyyyyy sure that's traditional Indian clothing... not "hippie" style. I assume it's to do with the cultural festivals.

Im pretty sure that's not how traditional indian clothing looks like. It has similarities, but it's overly stylized and is lacking a lot of detail actual indian clothing has. It's stinging my eyes. And the jewelry is too big.

At least now I know what lanterns are for.
Mad Poster
#71 Old 3rd Sep 2016 at 12:29 PM
It's probably to exaggerate. We all EA can't do the basics well.

Icy Spicy
#72 Old 3rd Sep 2016 at 5:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mixa97sr
Im pretty sure that's not how traditional indian clothing looks like. It has similarities, but it's overly stylized and is lacking a lot of detail actual indian clothing has. It's stinging my eyes. And the jewelry is too big.

Indian ethnic wear do look different than that but its EA Maxis so
Forum Resident
#73 Old 3rd Sep 2016 at 6:35 PM
There's some really gorgeous Indian traditional clothing CC out there, so I'll probably keep using that instead.
Theorist
#74 Old 3rd Sep 2016 at 7:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mixa97sr

Well, the game is stylized so your comment does make sense.

And I did do a doubletake and asked my bestie who's from Bangladesh and she said it's more royal than traditional. And similar to something you'd see in Bollywood but definitely from that region.
Icy Spicy
#75 Old 3rd Sep 2016 at 8:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TMBrandon

And I did do a doubletake and asked my bestie who's from Bangladesh and she said it's more royal than traditional. And similar to something you'd see in Bollywood but definitely from that region.

Oh yeah...over the top 80s Bollywood
Page 3 of 63