Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Maxis Hood Deco Barn Converted to House ~ 4Bed/3Bath

by CatherineTCJD Posted 23rd Aug 2016 at 9:02 PM - Updated 25th Aug 2016 at 9:50 PM by CatherineTCJD

12 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 7 Feedback Posts, 4 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Instructor
THANKS POST
#2 Old 23rd Aug 2016 at 11:52 PM
This looks fantastic. I am always amazed at how hard working and creative you are. This redo is so accurate. Normally I don't like tiny rooms for any of my simmies, but I love how this looks and the yard is large enough for a large herd of various farm animals. Thank you.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 24th Aug 2016 at 2:04 AM
Could you make a CC free Version of this house? I LOVE IT!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 24th Aug 2016 at 2:22 AM
@Lionqueen129 - I was thinking of uploading JUST the shell, so it would be easier for people to redecorate. Maybe I'll do that?

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 24th Aug 2016 at 3:00 AM
Thank you! This really awesome, looks just like it. Perfect for a farming town.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#6 Old 24th Aug 2016 at 6:11 PM
So cute! Thank you!
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 27th Aug 2016 at 4:21 AM
Is it possible for you to do a Base Game to Bon Voyage only version? I'm on a Mac and there isn't an 'Ultimate Collection' for Mac.
Test Subject
#8 Old 5th Sep 2016 at 10:46 PM
Amazing work! I'm really impressed. I had some issues with missing walls and windows and stuff, so I had to get the shutter windows and unleveled walls (and also, I remembered, the invisible driveway) separately, but no biggie. I'm annoyed that the ceiling lights on the top floor hang way below the ceiling, (which ofc isn't your fault or anything) but I decided to just ignore it :-P
I do have one question though, you had placed (at least most of?) the rugs out of grid alignment, but when I do that, with all but a few custom ones, they look all weird with distorted patterns and such, and I was just wondering if it's that way for you too, or if you've got some mod or something that makes it work?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#9 Old 6th Sep 2016 at 6:12 AM
@Hil0 - Do you have HugeLunatic's rug fix? http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=399650
That should fix it for you I'm so glad you like it!!!

and Vintage Stuffeths
Test Subject
#10 Old 6th Sep 2016 at 11:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CatherineTCJD
@Hil0 - Do you have HugeLunatic's rug fix? http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=399650
That should fix it for you I'm so glad you like it!!!

Neat, thanks! it's weird how much awesome mods I've missed, I've found lots of really good one lately :-P
Test Subject
#11 Old 6th Sep 2016 at 11:34 PM
Incidentally, does anyone else have problems using things the top floor bathroom that have the short wall to one side? Do they need to be on that wall facing away or something?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#12 Old 7th Sep 2016 at 1:01 AM
You may want to turn the toilet - I had a report that it works better on the other wall. (...like I have it in the empty version)

OOPS! Nope, I didn't change it like I thought I had :blush: Try putting the toilet on the outer wall - under the window. Good luck!

and Vintage Stuffeths
Test Subject
#13 Old 7th Sep 2016 at 1:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CatherineTCJD
You may want to turn the toilet - I had a report that it works better on the other wall. (...like I have it in the empty version)

OOPS! Nope, I didn't change it like I thought I had :blush: Try putting the toilet on the outer wall - under the window. Good luck!

Yes, I moved stuff around, facing away from the wall, so it works now. Just one of the little peculiarities of the game, I suppose :-P