Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

7 Tales by Beatrix Potter in Simlish & English

by XxCTxX Posted 15th Sep 2016 at 11:47 PM

8 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 2 Feedback Posts, 5 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator THANKS POST
#2 Old 16th Sep 2016 at 12:10 AM
Nice - I read those as a child too.
Meet Me In My Next Life
THANKS POST
#3 Old 16th Sep 2016 at 12:15 AM
These books are an excellent good idea. My question is will the Sims be able to actually read these book to the children ? Or are they just for Deco ?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 16th Sep 2016 at 4:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Simonut
These books are an excellent good idea. My question is will the Sims be able to actually read these book to the children ? Or are they just for Deco ?

They are readable but I haven't tried reading them to a child though.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 17th Sep 2016 at 6:47 AM
These are very cute :)
Scholar
THANKS POST
#6 Old 17th Sep 2016 at 5:28 PM
awwwwwwwwwwwwww my childhood T.T
Meet Me In My Next Life
#7 Old 21st Sep 2016 at 3:03 AM Last edited by Simonut : 21st Sep 2016 at 8:55 PM.
@ XxCTxX I tested your "Wondeful Books" on some of my kids here is what I found out as follow
1. The kids can get the books and read them on their own and put them back on their own when finish reading.
Also I notice once the books are open to read there is an illustration or picture with words inside. ( I LOVE what you did with that ) :lovestruc
2. No, the parents can "not' themselves personally read the books to the children. ( not a problem at all ) But anyone in the household can read the book on their own. Thanks again, I have the English version.

One of my own personal tale book that I have and purchase for myself as an adult, because I did not have it as a child is "Peter Rabbit" By Beatrix Potter ( It is a beautiful big book it cost me $35.00 at the time. )
Also another tale I have is the book called "The Wind In The Willows" by Kenneth Grahame such a wonderful tale greatly illustrated by Inga Moore, beautiful book at the time of purchase it was only $12.99
I feel you are "never" to old to have these books, I also have the movies on DVD of each tale that play out all of the characters as we know them in the books.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 21st Sep 2016 at 7:47 AM
Thank you guys for the amazing feedback.

@Simonut thank you for testing it out :D

My favourites as a little one were Peter Rabbit, Old Bear and then Harry Potter as a child. I only saw the Wind and the Willows as a film and that's another great classic!
Meet Me In My Next Life
THANKS POST
#9 Old 21st Sep 2016 at 9:05 PM
If you ever should want "The Wind In The Willow" get it by the author I mention above, it well worth it.
The "Peter Rabbit and The Wind In The Willow" dvd I got at my favorite music store they sell new and old, dvd I order the two tales once I found out the store could get them, both tales came in a beautiful box set well worth it. Thanks again for bringing everyone attention back to these great story tales.