Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

*Updated* Hipster Hugger Addons

by Madhox Posted 26th Sep 2016 at 12:02 AM - Updated 2nd Nov 2016 at 5:52 PM by Madhox : added stand alone version of the sofa recolors

24 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 10 Feedback Posts, 13 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Instructor
THANKS POST
#2 Old 26th Sep 2016 at 12:55 AM
Great Job :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 26th Sep 2016 at 1:04 AM
OMG THANK YOU! Much needed, and I'm really feeling the chocolate and wine swatches.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#4 Old 26th Sep 2016 at 1:34 AM
Very nice! Thanks
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 26th Sep 2016 at 1:27 PM
Thank you very much. It has annoyed me for a while that they didn't make these rather nice sofa and chair in maching colours - and that they only offered so very few colours too.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#6 Old 26th Sep 2016 at 1:50 PM
Gorgeous recolours! These additions are perfect, thank you!
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 26th Sep 2016 at 2:41 PM
There IS a matching chair to the Hipster Hugger couch. It's called the Simplicit Ease chair, but it's an exact match. Nice job making the 2-seater, though.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 26th Sep 2016 at 4:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SnowSong
There IS a matching chair to the Hipster Hugger couch. It's called the Simplicit Ease chair, but it's an exact match. Nice job making the 2-seater, though.

Really? I don't think it looks much like it, and it doesn't even come in the same colors. That's ok though, you don't have to use the chair.
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator THANKS POST
#9 Old 26th Sep 2016 at 5:28 PM
Thanks for the matching color options.
Echezzman Nwokeoma
staff: senior moderator THANKS POST
#10 Old 26th Sep 2016 at 6:47 PM
Absolutely lovely. Thanks a lot. I love the colors too.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#11 Old 26th Sep 2016 at 8:38 PM Last edited by andistyr : 26th Sep 2016 at 9:25 PM.
Thanks so much! It has always bugged me when they don't make matching pieces. Sims 1, 2, & 3 also have sofas with out matching loveseats & chairs or loveseats & chairs without a matching sofa.

Edit: There is a problem with the locked loveseat. Every time I buy it & put it in, it disappears. Don't know what the problem is.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 26th Sep 2016 at 11:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by andistyr
Thanks so much! It has always bugged me when they don't make matching pieces. Sims 1, 2, & 3 also have sofas with out matching loveseats & chairs or loveseats & chairs without a matching sofa.

Edit: There is a problem with the locked loveseat. Every time I buy it & put it in, it disappears. Don't know what the problem is.

Weird, I tested them all thoroughly in game, I probably included the wrong file in the zip. Thanks so much for letting me know. Anyway, it's fixed now, sorry everyone! Just re-download and overwrite the old file.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 26th Sep 2016 at 11:16 PM
You're welcome! Thanks for fixing it. I hardly ever used the Hipster Sofa since there was no matching loveseat or chair. It'll be nice to have a matching loveseat & chair. I know many houses will have your loveseat & chair. I love the recolors you did.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#14 Old 2nd Oct 2016 at 8:55 AM
Love the Colours! You have purple there I see! Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 2nd Nov 2016 at 5:03 AM
EA/Maxis has been doing this since the original Sims. I think it's deliberate so talented people like you can create add-ons and recolors. Great job and thanks. =^..^=
Instructor
#16 Old 2nd Nov 2016 at 9:18 AM
Anyone have City Living and notice the unlocked file overrides the grungy version of this sofa? I PM'd Madhox.

"Alas, poor Yorick! I knew him, Horatio."

- William Shakespere ~ Hamlet
Test Subject
#17 Old 1st Jan 2018 at 10:49 PM
Loveseat & sofa recolors don't work after latest patch
Test Subject
#18 Old 7th Jan 2018 at 8:22 PM
Needs to be updated
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 28th May 2018 at 6:10 PM
Please update! I really want to use these but they disappear after I place them!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 3rd Jun 2018 at 10:36 AM
please update
Test Subject
#21 Old 4th Apr 2020 at 10:28 PM
has this been updated yet?
Test Subject
#22 Old 12th Jul 2020 at 12:44 AM
Default "Fixed" the Set!
I always liked the Hipster Hugger sofa and I loved MadHox's addons even more. The sofa recolors, love seat, and living chair are stand-alone clones so they won't be dependent of the original Hipster Hugger sofa. The comfort values may be different from the original, but the price and description are the same. All credit and many thanks goes to MadHox for making this wonderful set. All I did was "fix" it. However, I will take it down per MadHox's request or if I'm violating any of the rules on MTS. Happy Simming!
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Crystal_MadHox_HipsterHuggerAddonsFixed.zip (8.18 MB, 116 downloads)

It's great to do your best-est for those you love, but remember to do your best-est for you as well.

Maxis-Match CC for TS4, a few lots for TS3, and random acts of Simming! It's Pure Sim-sanity! - "hypergnomesimblr"
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 9th Oct 2020 at 1:21 AM
Thank you Crystal for fixing these! I was getting exception errors when placing them in my game and when I saw these were last made in 2016 my heart began to sank. These ones work for me so I'm very happy. ^^
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 16th Oct 2020 at 4:26 PM
Default Thank you!
Quote: Originally posted by C.Moore
I always liked the Hipster Hugger sofa and I loved MadHox's addons even more. The sofa recolors, love seat, and living chair are stand-alone clones so they won't be dependent of the original Hipster Hugger sofa. The comfort values may be different from the original, but the price and description are the same. All credit and many thanks goes to MadHox for making this wonderful set. All I did was "fix" it. However, I will take it down per MadHox's request or if I'm violating any of the rules on MTS. Happy Simming!

I had just resolved myself to figuring out how to fix these when I saw your post.. Glad I decided to check the comments!

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 8th Nov 2020 at 1:11 AM
Thank you so much, Crystal. One of my favorite mods, and I'd so hate to lose it.