Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Chicago City Skyline Replacement

by Bakie Posted 27th Jan 2017 at 1:59 PM

22 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 11 Feedback Posts, 10 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 27th Jan 2017 at 6:26 PM
THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! Download download download!!! I loooove it! You did an amazing job! I appreciate it! Omg! <3 <3
And thank you @volvenom for the advice!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Jan 2017 at 9:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BabiHunni
THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! Download download download!!! I loooove it! You did an amazing job! I appreciate it! Omg! <3 <3
And thank you @volvenom for the advice!

You're welcome! Decided to just upload it already so you didn't had to wait for next week for example, when everything is already finished.
I'm glad you like it that much, I hope your Sims do too
:D

Curious at all the mods I made or want to learn how to make mods yourself? Take a look at my BakieGaming YouTube Channel
For the people who would like to support me some more, take a look at my: BakieGaming Patreon page
For a quick mod overview, take a look at my Profile page
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 27th Jan 2017 at 10:48 PM
Does this come with the sound of gun shots in the distance? Nice work tho hehe
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#5 Old 28th Jan 2017 at 4:48 PM
Sweet home...Chicago!
Thank you!
dodgy builder
#6 Old 28th Jan 2017 at 8:53 PM
And thank you volvenom for the advice!

Isn't that perfect! Now you just need someone to make us a world tool :p
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 29th Jan 2017 at 3:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom

I know right?! Imma find somebody, I'm determined, I'd help if I knew exactly what to do
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 29th Jan 2017 at 3:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by wpex17

U funny for talkin ish about our city lmao 😂
dodgy builder
#9 Old 29th Jan 2017 at 12:30 PM
I know right?! Imma find somebody, I'm determined, I'd help if I knew exactly what to do

Sorry, I'm at loss there
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#10 Old 29th Jan 2017 at 9:48 PM
Not sure what's more impressive the beautiful background or the fact that EA watered down the game and charged the same. Nice job though to bad we can't go back to the old ways where It was an actual city lol.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 1st Feb 2017 at 12:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by wpex17

Haha, unfortunately no, If I could manage that somehow I will add that for you. :P
Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40
Sweet home...Chicago!
Thank you!

You're welcome!
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom

Thanks for recommending me to her, it was fun to make a new Backdrop Replacement again!
Quote: Originally posted by eightyfkneight
Not sure what's more impressive the beautiful background or the fact that EA watered down the game and charged the same. Nice job though to bad we can't go back to the old ways where It was an actual city lol.

If someone can make a complete mesh of a city, all they have to do is replace the backdrop with the city...but making that complete city will be the hard part I think.. :P

Curious at all the mods I made or want to learn how to make mods yourself? Take a look at my BakieGaming YouTube Channel
For the people who would like to support me some more, take a look at my: BakieGaming Patreon page
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 13th Feb 2017 at 6:39 PM
This city is my city, and I love it, I love it~
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 14th Feb 2017 at 4:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CarryOnMyGaywardSons
This city is my city, and I love it, I love it~

That's good to hear! Hope your Sims do too

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 18th Feb 2017 at 6:30 AM
Awesome job! I was wondering if there was a tutorial for doing this somewhere (google is failing me - and Ive never modded before). I live near Houston and wanted to try my hand at this.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 21st Feb 2017 at 1:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maiamorgan
Awesome job! I was wondering if there was a tutorial for doing this somewhere (google is failing me - and Ive never modded before). I live near Houston and wanted to try my hand at this.

Thank you and yes there is! You can find it on my YouTube Channel, or just click here to to the video derectly:
How to make a Backdrop Replacement

Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#16 Old 17th Mar 2017 at 4:28 AM
This is really, really rad, nice work! Gonna bookmark, II might make one of my own. I've got a perfect backdrop idea...
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#17 Old 19th Mar 2017 at 8:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Jaguwar
This is really, really rad, nice work! Gonna bookmark, II might make one of my own. I've got a perfect backdrop idea...

Thanks Jaguwar! I'm curious about the end result!

Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#18 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 6:53 PM
Thank You
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#19 Old 14th Apr 2017 at 4:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Stardust74
Thank You

You're welcome!

Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#20 Old 14th Jul 2020 at 10:12 AM
OMG Thank You! Just getting back into Sims & since I'm not living in Chicago anymore I wanted to make my game look like home.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#21 Old 31st Jul 2020 at 11:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kiati17
OMG Thank You! Just getting back into Sims & since I'm not living in Chicago anymore I wanted to make my game look like home.
I'm glad I could help you with this then!

Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#22 Old 20th Nov 2022 at 5:18 PM
It's been a minute huh?! I still have this in my game lmao...I just came by to say Congrats on ure engagement! I don't have social media like that other than YT,IG, FB and reverbnation but those are all for my music, so anything outside of that, Idk lol! but again, CONGRATS! :D
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#23 Old 28th Nov 2022 at 4:16 PM
It's been a minute huh?! I still have this in my game lmao...I just came by to say Congrats on ure engagement! I don't have social media like that other than YT,IG, FB and reverbnation but those are all for my music, so anything outside of that, Idk lol! but again, CONGRATS! :D
Thank you very much BabiHunni! Very cool to hear you still have the Chicago skyline in your game by the way haha!