Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Feb 2017 at 7:33 PM Last edited by kewpie : 1st Feb 2017 at 11:21 PM.
Default Drew Shivers traits : FOUND links included
I'm sad that Drew Shivers shut down his tumblr before I discovered his traits. His stoner trait is the best trait I've seen with custom animations and all sorts of great things. I found it by chance because someone had a link to a mediafire download of it on their tumbler. I cant find any of his other custom traits. If they are anywhere as good as the stoner trait, I must have them.

These are the rest of his traits but I don't know how to find them at all. All of these links are broken
http://sims4updates.net/sites/tax/drew-shivers
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 1st Feb 2017 at 7:58 PM
Oh my..these looks so amazing, I'd love to have them all. And I heard about the stoner trait too!!! I'd love that one. lol

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Instructor
#3 Old 1st Feb 2017 at 9:14 PM Last edited by rena2sweet4u : 10th Nov 2017 at 3:39 AM.
With the way back machine you can pull up all his downloads.

His traits are here --> https://web.archive.org/web/2016032...ims4customtrait

Once you've found the trait you want, copy the download link address and paste it into your browser, it will take you to sim files share where you can down load the trait! I haven't tried them all but this is working so give it a try!
Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 1st Feb 2017 at 9:49 PM Last edited by kewpie : 4th Feb 2017 at 12:31 AM.
Currently testing. Right now, Im checking to see if the trait does anything at all. I discovered by accident that if one trait is broken, and you use more than one custom trait --neither of the traits will work and the sim will have almost no whims at all.

EDIT: I had no idea he had SO many traits. I will update this. from time to time. This stuff is good

There are many traits that are lost, believe it or not. There are some that I can only find on his dead page. I can only list the ones where the sim blogger posted a direct link to his mediafire or sim file share. MySims 4Blog and Sims4 updates have many that cannot be found anywhere else as far as I can tell. You have no idea how many are just gone for now. If anyone finds SCROOGE let me know, because that was the main one I'm looking for!

Edit: Some of these traits are all on the same page, but I still separated them so you could easily find the trait toy wanted. I am just putting out every one of his traits. I suggest only using one, because they are very strong. Your sim might act a bit strange with three very strong traits, unless they are closely related.

Here we go Google search "DrewShivers Mediafire custom traits" and you get all of the direct links to his MediaFire account.

I will post the traits as I find them.
Insomniac Trait *TESTED DAZED* WORKING
Protective *might not work*
Powerhouse *tested works*
Stoner *TESTED works*
Celibate *TESTED WORKS but subtle!)
Bear *TESTED - UNSURE*
Schizophrenia WORKS
Fashionista WORKS
Boyfriend and Girlfriend material *girlfriend 1 workedd* *boyfriend might not work* *second girlfriend either didn't appear or i forgot to install*
Artistic Might not work
Vampiric *TESTED WORKS*
Arthritis WORKS
Aspergers *TESTED WORKS*
Business Shark *tested might not work*
Feminist *feminist might not work*
Angler TESTED -- SUSPECT MIGHT NOT WORK
Rebellious *Doesn't show up when installed*
Witch and Wizard *TESTED Both seem to work*
Anxiety *TESTED WORKS*
Yoga Instructor *WORKS*
Devil *WORKS*
Fairytale Prince Princess PRINCESS *TESTED WORKS* PRINCE (BOY)*TESTED MIGHT NOT BE WORKING*
Furry *Tested might not be working*
Weak immune system *TESTED WORKS*
Old Fashioned* WORKS
Green Thumb LINK HAS NO FILE LINK
Friends with Benefits NO FILE LINK
Lush *TESTED Might not work*
Zombie *TESTED WORKS*
I found MORE traits by looking at the blogs of the ones that came up. Here are the new ones.
Lackluster *TESTED WORKS*
Poltergeist *tested might not work*
Lawyer *tested might not work*
Brilliant *TESTED WORKS*
MetalHead *tested might not work*
Scrooge WORKS
Good Sense of Humor *might not work*
Fibromyalgia *TESTED WORKING*
Social Media Addict WORKS
Elven *TESTED Might not work*
Hates Sims *doesn't work*
Loving Parent *might not work
Narcoleptic *TESTED might not work*
Narcissist *Tested WORKS*
Sensitive *Tested might not be working

Maybe he has even more traits, but I think this will be enough for now!

Need to add greasemonkey trait : TESTED Might not be working.
Instructor
#5 Old 1st Feb 2017 at 10:52 PM Last edited by rena2sweet4u : 16th Apr 2017 at 6:18 AM.
[QUOTE=kewpie]EDIT: I had no idea he had SO many traits. I will update this. from time to time. This stuff is good

Here we go Google search "DrewShivers Mediafire custom traits" and you get all of the direct links to his MediaFire account.

I believe I read somewhere that you need to repair the older traits the some creators made due to one of the recent patches. You can go back and check for sure...but I think someone in one of these forums noted that you could use Zerbus' mod repair tool to fix the older traits. it can be found here. but the trick is you only fix the traits that need to be fixed and not all of the mods in your folder. https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=...6&action=locate

I pulled this from a site that can't be linked to here. These are the directions. You can try it, but i'd make a back up copy of my folders first!

1. Download the traits package.
2. Unarchive them into a folder.
3. Go to Zerbu's blog and download his update tool. DO NOT follow the instructions of updating all your mods, just unpack the tool and use it ONLY on any old trait mods that no longer work because they weren't updated by the creator.

Trait mods broke last year (around June/July) because apparently Maxis changed many of the references that the tuning files use to call out features (at least that is how I understand it). While not an impediment to anyone that did a tuning mod by hand (other than extracting the new files and updating your work that way) it was a real kick in the teeth to anyone that had made mods using any tools, especially Zerbu's.

So simplified directions are: downloaded it, unpacked it and put the folder on the desktop. Then open the folder and started the app. This will open a window where you will need to search for the files you want to repair. Search the files and mark the files. Then click on 'Open' in the lower right corner and it's done.

Hope this helps!
Scholar
Original Poster
#6 Old 1st Feb 2017 at 11:12 PM Last edited by kewpie : 2nd Feb 2017 at 4:20 AM.
I'm a doofus, the files are repaired with just that or do we have to edit the tuning somehow? Ahh never mind. I just reread.

EDIT: He updated his files last around sept 2015. Because of that, I now have two copies of his traits. One is "fixed" and the other is unfixed. I'll just see what's broken and replace them with the fixed ones.

I've just added all of his traits into my game. Already I see a HUGE difference. I didn't know that randomized townies could get the traits. I saw the librarian acting really odd and I figured she must have some trait of his. She was acting really upset and uncomfortable. She had the zombie trait (which causes all of your needs to decay 90 percent faster! No wonder she was in a lousy mood..)

Then I found this guy who was cracking me up and he was a bear And by coincidence, he's a big many guy who would be hairy if sims 4 had body hair.. My sim has a new best friend.

I thought I'd just have a few insteresting sims I made. I didn't realize my whole town is going to have some interesting personality.
Test Subject
#7 Old 2nd Feb 2017 at 3:18 PM
Amazing
Scholar
Original Poster
#8 Old 3rd Feb 2017 at 7:10 AM Last edited by kewpie : 3rd Feb 2017 at 8:13 AM.
I font know if it's the new patch, or I finally used some traits that needed updating before this new patch. I wondered how you'd notice the trait had no whims. I discovered that ith's obvious, if you give your sim 3 custom traits and none of them work. I'm betting it was more obvious because I have the mod that replaces happy with fine buffs. So their lack of personality is even more pronounced because they don't get the generic happy mood

Even with fast autonomy, my broken sim did nothing but stand around like a doofus and laugh at himself every now and then. His only whims were to study vampires and look out the window (house had great view)

I posed on this thread some pics and examples about why I love these traits. I hope this sells them to you!
http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...d=1#post5156503
Instructor
#9 Old 5th Feb 2017 at 12:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kewpie
Currently testing. Right now, Im checking to see if the trait does anything at all. I discovered by accident that if one trait is broken, and you use more than one custom trait --neither of the traits will work and the sim will have almost no whims at all.

EDIT: I had no idea he had SO many traits. I will update this. from time to time. This stuff is good

There are many traits that are lost, believe it or not. There are some that I can only find on his dead page. I can only list the ones where the sim blogger posted a direct link to his mediafire or sim file share. MySims 4Blog and Sims4 updates have many that cannot be found anywhere else as far as I can tell. You have no idea how many are just gone for now. If anyone finds SCROOGE let me know, because that was the main one I'm looking for!

Edit: Some of these traits are all on the same page, but I still separated them so you could easily find the trait toy wanted. I am just putting out every one of his traits. I suggest only using one, because they are very strong. Your sim might act a bit strange with three very strong traits, unless they are closely related.

I will post the traits as I find them.
Insomniac Trait *TESTED DAZED* WORKING
Protective *might not work*
Powerhouse *tested works*
Stoner *TESTED works*
Celibate *TESTED WORKS but subtle!)
Bear *TESTED - UNSURE*
Schizophrenia WORKS
Fashionista WORKS
Boyfriend and Girlfriend material *girlfriend 1 workedd* *boyfriend might not work* *second girlfriend either didn't appear or i forgot to install*
Artistic Might not work
Vampiric *TESTED WORKS*
Arthritis WORKS
Aspergers *TESTED WORKS*
Business Shark *tested might not work*
Feminist *feminist might not work*
Angler TESTED -- SUSPECT MIGHT NOT WORK
Rebellious *Doesn't show up when installed*
Witch and Wizard *TESTED Both seem to work*
Anxiety *TESTED WORKS*
Yoga Instructor *WORKS*
Devil *WORKS*
Fairytale Prince Princess PRINCESS *TESTED WORKS* PRINCE (BOY)*TESTED MIGHT NOT BE WORKING*
Furry *Tested might not be working*
Weak immune system *TESTED WORKS*
Old Fashioned* WORKS
Green Thumb LINK HAS NO FILE LINK
Friends with Benefits NO FILE LINK
Lush *TESTED Might not work*
Zombie *TESTED WORKS*
I found MORE traits by looking at the blogs of the ones that came up. Here are the new ones.
Lackluster *TESTED WORKS*
Poltergeist *tested might not work*
Lawyer *tested might not work*
Brilliant *TESTED WORKS*
MetalHead *tested might not work*
Scrooge WORKS
Good Sense of Humor *might not work*
Fibromyalgia *TESTED WORKING*
Social Media Addict WORKS
Elven *TESTED Might not work*
Hates Sims *doesn't work*
Loving Parent *might not work
Narcoleptic *TESTED might not work*
Narcissist *Tested WORKS*
Sensitive *Tested might not be working

Maybe he has even more traits, but I think this will be enough for now!

9Need to add greasemonkey trait : TESTED Might not be working.

I thought of something (probably not the first) the stoner trait would be perfect to have and if it is possible for someone to mod the bubble blower from City Living EP (Make a copy of it or so) to make the sim blow smoke out their mouths instead of bubbles and first time users would get Tense and the more they do it they would start getting Dazed and the longer they "smoke" the longer the moodlets buffs would last.
Scholar
Original Poster
#10 Old 5th Feb 2017 at 12:39 AM
I wish I knew how to tune these. I'm bummed out that my stoner guy has no interest in the bubble blower.
Instructor
#11 Old 7th Feb 2017 at 6:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kewpie
I wish I knew how to tune these. I'm bummed out that my stoner guy has no interest in the bubble blower.

Lol, I'm sure he doesn't want to blow bubbles.
Test Subject
#12 Old 9th Feb 2017 at 10:45 AM
Thanks for this guys.

I was saddened by the traits removal. I'm just glad they aren't gone forever....
Took forever to find the Greenthumb trait but yay. Its MINE NOW!
Scholar
Original Poster
#13 Old 26th Feb 2017 at 3:44 PM
Big thing I discovered: You need to need to fix ALL of the traits. If you don't, there's a pretty annoying bug. It took me a while to notice it, because I have a hands off playing style. .

You can't direct a sim to multitask if the traits fo unfixed. The NPC sims will be able to make jokes and interact with your sim and "force" them to multitask, but the sim you are playing can never initiate any socials while they are playing chess or doing something else. They won't do it when directed and they won't do it autonomously.

It makes no difference whether or not the sim has a custom trait. I tried it both ways. Sims without custom traits can't interact either. I even tried a game where nobody in the world had custom traits -- same thing. The traits break the game for all of the sims.

Long story short: Fix all the traits, even if they seem to work.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 15th Apr 2017 at 6:59 AM
Is there a way to fix that, when you learn traits from another Sim and they have one of the custom traits, they show as unknown?
Test Subject
#15 Old 6th Aug 2017 at 10:58 PM
The traits are still working?
Banned
#16 Old 8th Aug 2017 at 11:39 PM
the links for the insomnia trait are broken
Banned
#17 Old 8th Aug 2017 at 11:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rena2sweet4u
[QUOTE=kewpie]EDIT: I had no idea he had SO many traits. I will update this. from time to time. This stuff is good

I believe I read somewhere that you need to repair the older traits the some creators made due to one of the recent patches. You can go back and check for sure...but I think someone in one of these forums noted that you could use Zerbus' mod repair tool to fix the older traits. it can be found here. but the trick is you only fix the traits that need to be fixed and not all of the mods in your folder. https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=...6&action=locate

I pulled this from a site that can't be linked to here. These are the directions. You can try it, but i'd make a back up copy of my folders first!

1. Download the traits package.
2. Unarchive them into a folder.
3. Go to Zerbu's blog and download his update tool. DO NOT follow the instructions of updating all your mods, just unpack the tool and use it ONLY on any old trait mods that no longer work because they weren't updated by the creator.

Trait mods broke last year (around June/July) because apparently Maxis changed many of the references that the tuning files use to call out features (at least that is how I understand it). While not an impediment to anyone that did a tuning mod by hand (other than extracting the new files and updating your work that way) it was a real kick in the teeth to anyone that had made mods using any tools, especially Zerbu's.

So simplified directions are: downloaded it, unpacked it and put the folder on the desktop. Then open the folder and started the app. This will open a window where you will need to search for the files you want to repair. Search the files and mark the files. Then click on 'Open' in the lower right corner and it's done.

Hope this helps!

that link doesn't give a download, is there any other place to download the repair tool?
Test Subject
#18 Old 9th Aug 2017 at 5:23 AM
Come on, someone answer, this traits seem awesome, i adquire the game a year later of Shivers fall, i want them so bad!
Forum Resident
#19 Old 9th Aug 2017 at 7:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by juliandevast
Come on, someone answer, this traits seem awesome, i adquire the game a year later of Shivers fall, i want them so bad!

Download the ones you want and check.
Test Subject
#20 Old 10th Aug 2017 at 2:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Weisskreuz
Download the ones you want and check.

Hi!, the thing is, i try to use some, i didnt have the bugs mentioned, but it appears to be placebos, i can chose them in CAS, buut neee, i didnt notice any difference
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 6th Nov 2017 at 11:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Darthaerith
Took forever to find the Greenthumb trait but yay. Its MINE NOW!

Link?
Instructor
#22 Old 7th Nov 2017 at 11:29 PM
@Mizuki_Ukitake I've posted a copy of Zerbu's mod Repair tool here --> http://simfil.es/291050 (If Zerbu wants it removed I will remove it.) You have to fix all of the traits that you use! With Pets/Cats n Dogs coming out, you will have to repair again. I repair any/all traits that I have downloaded every now and again. Just follow the directions that I posted in post #5.
Test Subject
#23 Old 8th Nov 2017 at 12:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rena2sweet4u
@Mizuki_Ukitake I've posted a copy of Zerbu's mod Repair tool here --> http://simfil.es/291050 (If Zerbu wants it removed I will remove it.) You have to fix all of the traits that you use! With Pets/Cats n Dogs coming out, you will have to repair again. I repair any/all traits that I have downloaded every now and again. Just follow the directions that I posted in post #5.

thanks for the new link :0 it's super super easy to use the repair tool too like Wow
Test Subject
#24 Old 9th Nov 2017 at 11:05 PM
Is there a link for the green thumb trait?
Instructor
#25 Old 10th Nov 2017 at 3:35 AM
@Mizuki_Ukitake @dalpal yes, there is a green thumb trait you can find it here --> http://simfileshare.net/folder/2047/

***As stated in an earlier post...the way back machine lets you pull up all his trait downloads.
His traits are here --> https://web.archive.org/web/2016032...ims4customtrait once you find whatever trait that you are looking for, copy its download link address and paste it into your browser, it will take you to sim files share where you can down load the trait.

In order to use traits you must fix them by using Zerbu's Mod Repair tool which you can download from post #22 just follow the directions and you'll be good to go!
Page 1 of 2