Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Classic Menu

by TwistedMexi Posted 9th Feb 2017 at 1:57 PM - Updated 15th May 2017 at 2:52 AM by TwistedMexi

56 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 27 Feedback Posts, 28 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 9th Feb 2017 at 2:45 PM
i need it that :)))
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#3 Old 9th Feb 2017 at 6:01 PM
This was sorely needed. Thanks! TM, please never abandon this. I don't know if I can take any more UI changes. Also, I don't know if it's just an issue in my game or not, but I noticed that the old new/load game icons don't show a hover tooltip anymore (telling you which is which). Not a huge deal for me since I already know them anyway, and I don't know if it can even be fixed but just thought I'd mention it.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 9th Feb 2017 at 6:21 PM Last edited by TwistedMexi : 9th Feb 2017 at 6:34 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Jathom95
This was sorely needed. Thanks! TM, please never abandon this. I don't know if I can take any more UI changes. Also, I don't know if it's just an issue in my game or not, but I noticed that the old new/load game icons don't show a hover tooltip anymore (telling you which is which). Not a huge deal for me since I already know them anyway, and I don't know if it can even be fixed but just thought I'd mention it.

No problem It's a more tedious mod than I'm used to (lots of file sifting) but I think it's badly needed after this last change, so I'll try my best to keep it up to date.

The problem with the tooltip is the text strings have been removed from the master STBL file so I'll see if I can set up some custom strings for it, though I don't think it'll affect many users.

TwistedMexi's Cheat Resource || Base Game Mods || Expansion Mods
All my mods and cheats are entirely free, but if you'd like to support me, you can buy me a coffee.¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I'm also now on twitter and you can find me on Patreon!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 9th Feb 2017 at 6:31 PM
This... is amazing. That new UI was an abomination.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#6 Old 9th Feb 2017 at 7:04 PM
Thank you!!! I really wanted this!! You are amaaazing!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 9th Feb 2017 at 8:20 PM
Thank you. I hated the fact that you couldn't go straight into CAS. Pressing "New Game" to enter CAS mode will start a new save, which I don't understand at all. Maybe I wanted to go straight into CAS and NOT change any of my current game progress. I actually like the appearance of the new UI, but I didn't like that one button.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 9th Feb 2017 at 9:08 PM
Thanks a lot! :D
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#9 Old 9th Feb 2017 at 9:17 PM
Not downloaded yet, i.e., not tested, but I needed to thank you. I needed a lot of this mod. The new menu is horrible in every way. Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 9th Feb 2017 at 9:29 PM
Don't Like the new Menu LOST MY CAS BUTTON! EA has no QA Sad
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#11 Old 9th Feb 2017 at 10:22 PM
Thank you!!!! I know what I have. And I like to go directly to CAS.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#12 Old 10th Feb 2017 at 12:38 AM
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#13 Old 10th Feb 2017 at 1:48 AM
for some reasin this made me lose my game menu ui not sure why??
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 10th Feb 2017 at 2:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by carlydunham
for some reasin this made me lose my game menu ui not sure why??

Can you post a screenshot of what you're seeing? And are you on the newest version of the game?

All my mods and cheats are entirely free, but if you'd like to support me, you can buy me a coffee.¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 10th Feb 2017 at 7:29 AM
Especially that you couldn´t go directly into CAS with the new main menu bothered me a lot. THANKS for this mod!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 10th Feb 2017 at 12:19 PM
Thanks very much. I still can't get used to the new UI.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 10th Feb 2017 at 4:22 PM
I was so happy to see this mod, tried it at once. But I guess I have the same problem as carlydunham : when I create a new Sim I can make him move into an empty lot, however the button in the right upper corner where you can switch between build and live mode is not available. So I can't build my newly created Sim a house. The option button does not work either. There may of course be a conflict with another mod. In the meantime I sadly had to delete this mod...
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#18 Old 10th Feb 2017 at 4:58 PM
in my game this mod disable gameplay in able to do anything at all thanks
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#19 Old 10th Feb 2017 at 5:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by trisgod
I was so happy to see this mod, tried it at once. But I guess I have the same problem as carlydunham : when I create a new Sim I can make him move into an empty lot, however the button in the right upper corner where you can switch between build and live mode is not available. So I can't build my newly created Sim a house. The option button does not work either. There may of course be a conflict with another mod. In the meantime I sadly had to delete this mod...

Hello, could you link a screenshot of what you're seeing? Also what region are you in? I'm wondering if there's a different interface file for other locales.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#20 Old 10th Feb 2017 at 5:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Reptonplay
in my game this mod disable gameplay in able to do anything at all thanks

Please link a screenshot of what you're seeing, also it would help if you could tell me what language/region you're in.

Lab Assistant
#21 Old 10th Feb 2017 at 5:56 PM
Default I have sent a Attachments with this post
My language English UK

What I can say is that I am Not able to move my sim or any another sim, not able to go into menu or shut down the game some button are missing in top right hand corner, Edit button is missing
Screenshots
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#22 Old 10th Feb 2017 at 7:53 PM
My language English UK

What I can say is that I am Not able to move my sim or any another sim, not able to go into menu or shut down the game some button are missing in top right hand corner, Edit button is missing

Thanks, that helps a lot. I'll try to take a look soon and let you know if I've figured it out. Seems like the game isn't properly loading live mode toolbar for (presumably) any UK users.

Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#23 Old 10th Feb 2017 at 8:53 PM
This is so great! I hate the new menu...
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 10th Feb 2017 at 9:58 PM
hi there! I just wanted to say that im having the same issue as reptonplay, im in the usa. i hope that helps c:
Forum Resident
#25 Old 10th Feb 2017 at 11:19 PM
My language English UK

same with mine with that mod installed thats what i was trying to explain xxx i think we australins have the uk version

i take my sims photos using fraps!!!!
Page 1 of 3