Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Social Anxiety Disorder - Trait (UPDATED FOR CATS & DOGS)

by iridescentlaura Posted 23rd Feb 2017 at 1:05 PM - Updated 30th Nov 2017 at 4:11 PM by iridescentlaura

44 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 21 Feedback Posts, 22 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 23rd Feb 2017 at 4:04 PM Last edited by Cherubforever : 1st Jan 2018 at 6:41 PM.
Thank you so much for this trait! Finally I can create my true simself.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Feb 2017 at 4:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Cherubforever
Thank you so much for this trait! finally I can create my true simself.

I'm glad you like it :lovestruc
Instructor
THANKS POST
#4 Old 23rd Feb 2017 at 7:19 PM
nice one, another one could be society hater hahaha
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 23rd Feb 2017 at 8:20 PM
Looking forward to seeing what the effects are in game. This sounds like it will have meaningful impacts on sims lives and I really appreciate that. Having some social anxiety myself, there are days (rarer but still occur) when I can't go anywhere or do anything and am even awkward with the people I love and while its not usually that bad, I definitely feel it day to day. Thanks for making such an interesting and meaningful trait.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 23rd Feb 2017 at 8:41 PM
This is awesome! I've been messing around with the Mod Constructor myself to make a trait like this for myself ever since I added saphryn's Depressed trait to my game. You've beat me to it, though! I'll get a lot of use out of this trait; thanks a ton!
Test Subject
#7 Old 23rd Feb 2017 at 11:41 PM
Cool. Now I can make my sim-me be more realistic by giving her this trait rather than just making her a "loner". Great job!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#8 Old 24th Feb 2017 at 1:45 AM
I have been waiting and begging for a trait like this for ages now!! I suffer from this disorder and it's a pain. I wanted a Sim just like myself and this makes it so. Thank you so much!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 24th Feb 2017 at 8:46 AM
Thank you from the bottom of my heart, i'm really happy you all appreciate my trait.
I really wasn't expecting all your kindness, i always think i make stupid things, but for once you made me feel so proud of myself.
Thanks again!

PS: If you have social anxiety too, please know that you can feel better, just be strong and don't let anxiety take away your passions and your life. If you'll ever need someone to talk to just know that i'm always there for everyone of you, most of the time you can find me on Tumblr, at @iridescentlaura
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#10 Old 24th Feb 2017 at 11:55 AM
Instant download :) I haven't tested it yet for myself, but this trait has been wanted for ages ( for me personally ) So thank you <3
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#11 Old 24th Feb 2017 at 8:19 PM
As someone who once went nine months straight without stepping outside her house (about two years surrounding that where I didn't go out more than three times total), I can say this is pretty darn accurate. I'm glad I'm in a better place in my life now, I found a great therapist and found out a lot about trauma I didn't even know I had in my past, and even if I still am kind of shy, I don't think my Simself would have this trait in her current edition. I hope everyone who has social anxiety will one day feel better, even if for them it means moodlets popping up in less frequency and potency.

I have a strong interest in psychology and writing, which often tie together with characters that I write, who I sometimes make as Sims for fun, so I REALLY love all the traits you make. When I first started playing around with the Zerbu tool, I wanted to make a lot of things like this, but I ultimately was far too lazy and distracted, and I never would have uploaded them or anything, so I'm glad someone has taken the initiative and shared it with the community. This is NOT a request, as I barely even play the game now, anyway, but I just thought of a spin on these kinds of traits, if you ever start feeling like you're running out of ideas to cover: recovery traits, for storytelling or if you feel like your Sim has been getting treatment, where they still encounter their psychological struggles, but maybe in less frequency or with hidden gems of happy moodlets and appreciation for how far they've come. Again, not a request, just a suggestion if you ever find yourself completely bored and fresh out of ideas... Which I doubt would be any time soon, your traits rock!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#12 Old 24th Feb 2017 at 10:40 PM
I suffer from SA too and it's nice to see a mod for it. Thanks for this
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 25th Feb 2017 at 2:22 PM
Thanks for adding this to growing number mental health custom traits :)
Test Subject
#14 Old 25th Feb 2017 at 2:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by iridescentlaura
Thank you from the bottom of my heart, i'm really happy you all appreciate my trait.
I really wasn't expecting all your kindness, i always think i make stupid things, but for once you made me feel so proud of myself.
Thanks again!

PS: If you have social anxiety too, please know that you can feel better, just be strong and don't let anxiety take away your passions and your life. If you'll ever need someone to talk to just know that i'm always there for everyone of you, most of the time you can find me on Tumblr, at @iridescentlaura

I have it too, your trait actually helps me be able to see how far I have come as I don't deal with all of these daily anymore. Thanks again <3
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 25th Feb 2017 at 3:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tinen
Instant download I haven't tested it yet for myself, but this trait has been wanted for ages ( for me personally ) So thank you <3

No, thank you <3
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 25th Feb 2017 at 3:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Pokesimaniac
As someone who once went nine months straight without stepping outside her house (about two years surrounding that where I didn't go out more than three times total), I can say this is pretty darn accurate. I'm glad I'm in a better place in my life now, I found a great therapist and found out a lot about trauma I didn't even know I had in my past, and even if I still am kind of shy, I don't think my Simself would have this trait in her current edition. I hope everyone who has social anxiety will one day feel better, even if for them it means moodlets popping up in less frequency and potency.

I have a strong interest in psychology and writing, which often tie together with characters that I write, who I sometimes make as Sims for fun, so I REALLY love all the traits you make. When I first started playing around with the Zerbu tool, I wanted to make a lot of things like this, but I ultimately was far too lazy and distracted, and I never would have uploaded them or anything, so I'm glad someone has taken the initiative and shared it with the community. This is NOT a request, as I barely even play the game now, anyway, but I just thought of a spin on these kinds of traits, if you ever start feeling like you're running out of ideas to cover: recovery traits, for storytelling or if you feel like your Sim has been getting treatment, where they still encounter their psychological struggles, but maybe in less frequency or with hidden gems of happy moodlets and appreciation for how far they've come. Again, not a request, just a suggestion if you ever find yourself completely bored and fresh out of ideas... Which I doubt would be any time soon, your traits rock!

Hey i'm happy you feel good know, i know what you've been through because i spent more than a year avoiding outdoors and it was the worst year of my life, but i found a therapist too and i'm getting better.
By the way, your idea about the recovery trait is very interesting, thank you so much for sharing it with me, i will definitely try my best to create that kind of trait and again, thank you so much for your kindness
Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 25th Feb 2017 at 3:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by crissylp89
I have it too, your trait actually helps me be able to see how far I have come as I don't deal with all of these daily anymore. Thanks again <3

Wow i'm very happy that you are feeling better and i'm so glad that my trait is helping you, it was my purpose! Wish you the very best :lovestruc
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 25th Feb 2017 at 5:26 PM
Execellent!
Test Subject
#19 Old 26th Feb 2017 at 5:40 PM
Amazing! Thank you for this mod. If you have the time, I have a suggestion. Could you make an OCD mod? I've been struggling with OCD, and there is no current mod for it. Keep up the good work!
Test Subject
#20 Old 12th Mar 2017 at 6:37 AM
I really love the way this enhances gameplay.. I have a 'special' character that their family makes sure to look after by making accommodations and space in their spendings to make sure he's comfortable.. however I do wish I had slightly more of a chance to get to the toilet as if he's engaged in an activity he can't stop quick enough to rush away and TBH I'd be putting Pampers on someone who pooped all over the place that much. I kind of wish there were different kinds of panic attacks, like maybe the social bar plummets instead to indicate he needs a few moments with a carer? Anyway again, I love and appreciate the making of this trait and will continue to play it! <3
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#21 Old 14th Mar 2017 at 3:18 AM
Thank You
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 8th Apr 2017 at 5:56 PM
Hit the nail on the head with this. Thank you for the great mod~
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 2:51 AM
can you please make a .zip file for it as i can't use .rar
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 15th Apr 2017 at 7:21 AM
Thank you so much for this!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 18th Apr 2017 at 12:45 PM
Thank you so much! Now all I need to do is find Clinical Depression and I'm all set :D
Page 1 of 2