Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Sell Household Inventory

by TwistedMexi Posted 4th Jun 2017 at 5:01 AM

33 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 17 Feedback Posts, 15 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 2
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 4th Jun 2017 at 1:15 PM
This is awesome! Thank you so much! I think I might love you...
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 4th Jun 2017 at 3:25 PM
Thank you for always thinking of everything!!!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#4 Old 4th Jun 2017 at 3:41 PM
Awesome! Thanks!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#5 Old 4th Jun 2017 at 4:06 PM
OH GOSH IS THIS TRUE?? Thank you a million!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 4th Jun 2017 at 4:44 PM
Awesome ... such a time saver !! Thank you !
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#7 Old 4th Jun 2017 at 9:00 PM
You sir, are the Real Deal!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 4th Jun 2017 at 10:46 PM
TY your a life save <3
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 6th Jun 2017 at 8:23 AM
Thanks it always was anoying that they didn't have an option for sell all! This saves so much time!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#10 Old 12th Jun 2017 at 11:56 PM
This is going to save so much time, TY Mexi
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 16th Jun 2017 at 11:53 AM
ur the real MVP, bless ur soul
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 3rd Aug 2017 at 12:46 AM
I wish I saw this mod a few days ago.. took 30 minutes to delete all that mess lol thank you for this!
Test Subject
#13 Old 16th Sep 2017 at 11:42 AM
Thanks for the mod, but there is one issue with it. I moved three households and forgot to "sell inventory", so I decided to try out your mod. It works, for the most part, but it turns out that when tm.sellinventory was used to sell the household inventory from one house; it sold the inventory from all three "played" houses and gave all the money to the current house I had active. I double checked by checking the inventory of the other two houses and they were gone and no money added to them. (I thought it odd their furniture was 300k in total for one house lol).

And yes, all three had the full furnishing of all the houses moved out of. I checked them before installing this mod and saw that I didn't "sell furniture" before moving all the houses. And so I went looking for a mod to sell it all in one go. That's also why all the furniture was 300k in total.

Anyway, it did the job in "one" go. Just not as I intended it to work. I thought it would only sell the household inventory from the current active house. Not all "played" houses.

I don't know if you can change it so it only sells the inventory for the current active house or make a second version in case people like how it currently works; but for now people can just put the other played houses inactive and sell one by one that way.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#14 Old 22nd Sep 2017 at 3:27 AM
Thank you! This was really needed!
Banned
#15 Old 17th Oct 2017 at 6:47 AM
this isn't selling my entire inventory. it got rid of $70 worth of stuff, but there's still tons left, and it won't sell any of it
Test Subject
#16 Old 18th Oct 2017 at 7:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Reitanna
this isn't selling my entire inventory. it got rid of $70 worth of stuff, but there's still tons left, and it won't sell any of it

Just to be clear, because some people make this mistake; this mod is selling the "household inventory" within the build/buy mode. It's not selling your sims inventory in play mode. If you are trying to sell the household inventory, try using the command while in build/buy mode rather than in play mode.

Just know that this mod will sell everything in ALL played households you have and all the money will go to which ever current household you have active. I tried telling this to the author but they never responded to fix the issue. If you don't want household inventory items sold in other houses, make sure you change them to "not played" first so the items won't be sold. You can do that on the worlds overviews by clicking on edit household, then click on the grey icon that's on the household picture. It will disappear and that house is now flagged as "not played". You can start playing the house again after you sell household inventory items out of other households.

If you're looking for a play mode inventory cleaner you can try this mod: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=561061
I DO NOT KNOW IF IT WORKS. It's a mod that was last updated last year. I currently don't use that mod in my game. Last post in the discussion is showing that it still works, though some others say it doesn't. You'll just have to try and find out. If it does, great. If not, then just delete it.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 24th Oct 2017 at 2:30 AM
Thank you so much!
Banned
#18 Old 28th Oct 2017 at 12:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Baibaihe
Just to be clear, because some people make this mistake; this mod is selling the "household inventory" within the build/buy mode. It's not selling your sims inventory in play mode. If you are trying to sell the household inventory, try using the command while in build/buy mode rather than in play mode.

Just know that this mod will sell everything in ALL played households you have and all the money will go to which ever current household you have active. I tried telling this to the author but they never responded to fix the issue. If you don't want household inventory items sold in other houses, make sure you change them to "not played" first so the items won't be sold. You can do that on the worlds overviews by clicking on edit household, then click on the grey icon that's on the household picture. It will disappear and that house is now flagged as "not played". You can start playing the house again after you sell household inventory items out of other households.

If you're looking for a play mode inventory cleaner you can try this mod: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=561061
I DO NOT KNOW IF IT WORKS. It's a mod that was last updated last year. I currently don't use that mod in my game. Last post in the discussion is showing that it still works, though some others say it doesn't. You'll just have to try and find out. If it does, great. If not, then just delete it.

I understand what the mod does, and it's not doing it, as I said. when in build/buy mode, I use the cheat to sell the entire household inventory, and it only sells a couple of items, but acts like it's all gone, so I still have to sell each one by one as if I didn't have the mod at all. this has nothing to do with a sims inventory, I barely even use that.
Test Subject
#19 Old 15th Nov 2017 at 4:58 AM
This would be SUPER handy if I could get it to work, that is.
First of all, thank you so much for taking the time to create this mod and share it with us!
Secondly, entering tm.sellinventory while in build/buy mode gives me the message "Having a yardsale..." It has been 35 minutes and nothing has been sold at all.
Am I doing something wrong??
Test Subject
#20 Old 20th Nov 2017 at 12:05 PM
Yet another busted mod by TwistedMexi. I don't even know why I bother downloading a TM mod anymore they seldom work right and if they do work it is not for very long before it seems to be abandoned. This has not been updated for 6 months now. If your not gonna support your mods find someone to take over the mod for you.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#21 Old 29th Mar 2018 at 9:28 AM
Thanks, been waiting for this. :)
Test Subject
#22 Old 27th Jun 2018 at 12:15 AM
It is not working for me. Back with error "int" object is not iterable. Could you please update this one? Thank you!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#23 Old 13th Jul 2018 at 3:02 AM
Your awesome
Test Subject
#24 Old 15th Jul 2018 at 11:01 AM
Doesn't work for me. Installed the mod, entered the cheat in build mode and nothing happened. Back to doing this manually, I guess.
Test Subject
#25 Old 18th Aug 2018 at 10:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Deontai
This is awesome! Thank you so much! I think I might love you...

Haha, I do too
Page 1 of 2