Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#26 Old 10th Jul 2017 at 2:47 PM
I considered reloading, but then decided to go with it just to see what would happen.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Advertisement
Link Ninja
#27 Old 10th Jul 2017 at 6:18 PM
I was on my phone when I responded and realized I didn't really expound on all the other things SIMelissa wanted to know.

1. Teens do not get preggo but they can woohoo other age groups. This usually happens between teens who have had boyfriends/girlfriends or romantic interests to go UNI before them. They look weird and pretzel-like when they make out in a hot tub.

2. Since I have ACR my hood is not one of those 'setting a good example of only married sims woohooing'. I've seen sims cheat on their Significant Others. Teens are all over each other.

Even sometimes I'm on a community lot and minding my own playable sims' business when a cut scene starts for first kiss and I'm momentarily all 'WTF?" and then I realize some townies just realized their chemistry and start in on their first kisses. It's kind o cute but kind of jarring since it doesn't happen all that often.

I used the sim Blender for surrogate purposes for pregnancy and the pregnancy scanner is also nice because I know if the preggo sim is expecting twins or not.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Field Researcher
#28 Old 10th Jul 2017 at 10:13 PM
I have ACR, romance mod, pregforallgenders, samesexmarriage, havechildnotadopt and the InSiminenator. I'm for equality in marriage (to hell with that 'joined union' nonsense), and since this is a game with a lot of fantasy elements (witches, werewolves, alien m-preg), I see no reason all sims shouldn't have access to same sex pregnancies. Belinda and Bonnie might make prettier babies than Belinda and Bob anyway.

I downloaded ACR the very first time I heard about it, because it always seemed stupid to me, and it always felt contrived, that I had to make two sims relax on the bed, then tell them to woohoo or try for baby. I always felt like a 10 year old putting Ken on top of Barbie in their shoebox bed.

I usually disable Teen woohoo on ACR. I always disable Teen-Adult interactions on ACR; it may have been intended to allow to teen lovers to stay lovers after one of them aged up, but I've seen it allow some Teen to start hitting on any random adult they fancy. Mom shouldn't have come home to find her fifteen year old child making out with a middle-aged man on the couch.

Also, I don't play on strict rotations, so I may have an adult just returned from Uni, settling into his first apartment and first job, while his teen sweetheart is still eleven days from aging up. Uneven aging in the neighborhood doesn't bother me a bit. Having a Teen who is equivalent to a thirteen year old calling up a guy who is equivalent to a twenty-five year old for a booty call bothers me. Besides, if I wanted them to stay together, I would have made a point to send her to Uni while he was still there.

Young adults are free to woohoo whoever they want but I don't want babies at Uni because I have other agendas for Uni. There's so much to do in Uni, I don't need to add pregnancy to make it interesting. I also like to have Uni students live in large groups, and it seems a bit cruel to raise a baby in a Greek house or an overcrowded dorm, LOL.

On a similar note, I've never had teen pregnancy in my game. I can find plenty to do with Teens without teen pregnancies. And I kind of feel kids should be allowed to be kids, and teens are still kids in my book.

Most adults and elders get free rein to woohoo whoever they want. Unmarried woohoo is allowed. If they want to cheat, I rarely stop them. I usually set try for baby to "allow unmarried", too. I do occasionally use the morning after pill option for a really badly timed pregnancy, but mostly let pregnancies proceed. I'll change a pregnancy to twins with InSim if I want make a house busier. I used to leave the cheesecake out, but it's broken in my game and doesn't ensure twins anymore. I've never felt the need for the triplets/quads hack because twins make plenty of busy-ness.

I've used InSim to make a sim pregnant by Grim or any of the other Universals. There also the random vampire pregnancy. Sims wakes up in the morning pregnant and has no idea how. That's because the local vampire came by in the night, hypnotized them, had his (or her) way with them and gave them amnesia with the awesome vampire powers, mwua-hahaha. Those vampire powers work so well, I didn't even see them woohoo, heh-heh-heh. I've used InSim to make any random sim the sperm donor and to create scandalous incest pregnancies.

If a couple I want to have kids is avoiding Try For Baby, I may set ACR on their lot to "Always Try for Baby". If they have enough kids or I don't want to have to expand the house or move them, Try for Baby Not Allowed.

I have a hacked telescope that ensures an abduction if I want alien pregnancy, as well. I'd rather have an increased chance of abduction from the expensive telescope, but I haven't found a mod that will work with my combo of expansion packs yet. I could always use InSim to create an alien pregnancy, but that's no fun; you get no abduction animations, memories or related wants and fears.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#29 Old 10th Jul 2017 at 10:26 PM
@MattieOReilly
Quote:
The random chance on the trips and quads mod won't turn twins into a single, it will only give a single if it was going to in the first place.

I wasn't saying it was,I am outlining what the mod does. By setting the number of babies you may set twins to single, or any other number that you want. Random is just that, a random number.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
#30 Old 13th Jul 2017 at 5:56 PM
I have ACR, Inteen, and Triplets & Quads.

My teens can woohoo and get pregnant, but none have every gotten pregnant It's actually rare that any of them want to woohoo, even the romance aspired ones.

My teens usually want to study, work, and go to college.
Test Subject
#31 Old 14th Jul 2017 at 4:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MissAdrianaDio
I have ACR, Inteen, and Triplets & Quads.

My teens can woohoo and get pregnant, but none have every gotten pregnant It's actually rare that any of them want to woohoo, even the romance aspired ones.

My teens usually want to study, work, and go to college.

Okay, it looks like I spoke too soon. Jules O'Mackey just gave birth to her first child three days before she heads off to college.

She got permission from her father, Gabe, to go out. She went out with this teen boy named Elmer, and came back pregnant.

She is my first teen pregnancy EVER.
Field Researcher
#32 Old 24th Jul 2017 at 10:53 PM
Actually I use inSim, inTeen and the cheats boolprop testingcheatsenabled true and allmenus on. They are pretty cool, I had simblender but I think it's too weak, inSim is way more powerful. I don't want ACR because you can get many unwanted relationships and pregnancies and I like to have more control and power on my sims' lives(Evil smile here) , this is one of reasons why Sims 2 is favorite The Sims because with all these cheats you have more power and control(Evil smile here) than you have on the others The Sims
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 25th Jul 2017 at 7:50 PM
I have ACR, Wild Child and 24h pregnancies. Been thinking about switching to Inteen partly for the unexpected YA pregnancies and because I'd really, REALLY like to get rid of the silent pregnancy included in WC, but it feels like such overkill so haven't been able to bring myself to it yet.

As for setting good examples, nope, I let my sims woohoo anyone they want for the most part. If I stop them, it has more to do with their character/storyline than anything else. But then, I'd say forcing someone to only woohoo once married is actually the bad example. =P
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#34 Old 25th Jul 2017 at 11:06 PM
I like ACR and don't want to give that up. The more I've been reading, the more I think that InTeen is not for me. It appears to conflict with many things and I'm not yet Sim-savvy enough to narrow down any problems or conflicts that may arise. I thought about Wild Child but will probably go with the Chris Hatch's Alternate Pregnancy Controller instead.

So many things to learn; so few brain cells to process the info needed to learn things!
Shipwreck Island
Mad Poster
#35 Old 25th Jul 2017 at 11:56 PM
For me, personally, ACR is fun, even though it took me some time to get the settings to my liking. InTeen is not. I really have no use for the damn miscarriages and depression of female pixels, and adults are included here.
I'd much rather raise a thousand twins
Test Subject
#36 Old 26th Jul 2017 at 6:07 AM
I use ACR, InTeenimator, the Sim Blender, romancemod and noinstantloves, Trips and Quads (random only), and Alien Experiments, which among other things allows females to also become pregnant during abductions.
Mad Poster
#37 Old 26th Jul 2017 at 6:30 AM Last edited by gazania : 26th Jul 2017 at 6:41 AM.
Does your game include any woo-hoo or pregnancy mods? Yes. Many of the usuals; two or three of the not-so-usuals. Many of my Sims are quite frisky. However. there are some mods I will not use:

1. Rape mods. I confess .... I tried one about ten years ago. I got rid of it after five minutes. Personally, they just make me really uncomfortable. I know some use them for stories, but they just aren't my thing at all. I like my Sims to have consensual sex, thanks. Oh ... and I don't like hurting them. This is why I don't like killing any Sim unless it's horribly glitched. I probably spoil my pixel dollies.

2. Inteen. It seems that every time I considered it, I would read how it conflicted with other mods, or certain people's experiences with it, and I would decide against it. I've tried Wild Child and other like alternatives and just couldn't get them to work properly.

3. Certain mods caused jump bugs for me. One example is the Hunter shower.

Do you allow/force your teens to get pregnant? No. That can come later.

Do you prefer your neighborhoods set a good example where only married adult Sims woo-hoo? Err .... no.

And I know I'm getting old when I look at Naughty Sims Asylum, and the first thing I think is "Napping in the tub? I want that mod!" Not the naughtier ones. Napping in the tub. (Sighs)

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Field Researcher
#38 Old 27th Jul 2017 at 2:06 PM
I'm strange in that I *have* InTeen, but I rarely use it. I like that it covers a lot (even if it means it conflicts with a lot) so I don't have to install multiple mods. I haven't had a pregnant teen sim in years, but I like that there's the possibility. I also like the use of birth control/risky woohoo. I've never used any other Woo-hoo/Pregnancy specific mods. I've thought about ACR, but ultimately decided not to. Lots of people like it, but my mods folder is such a mess that it will probably end up conflicting with something OR I won't use it properly and accidentally end up with everyone woohooing everyone.
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 20th May 2022 at 4:14 PM
Where can I find S2L's Teen WooHoo mod?

Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
I use ACR, although it took me a while to figure out the settings. I'm still not entirely sure of all of the settings, especially the ones with all the numbers.

I used InTeen for a while, but it conflicted with a lot of other mods and messed up some of the premade Sims, so I removed it and replaced it with S2L's Teen WooHoo and Chris Hatch's Pregnancy Controller. I also tried jenflower's teen woohoo mod, but ran into a few problems with it.

I've had two teen pregnancies so far in the hood - Angela Pleasant (read the first post of the Story Dilemma Thread, if you're curious about that) and Miranda Capp. Considering I have a playable teen population of around 50, that's not too bad. Since Chris Hatch's pregnancy controller includes parts of the pregnancy relation adjuster, the parents got pretty peeved off in both cases.

On the subject, I have a rule for pregnancy - female Sims can be impregnated with both males and females (turkey baster joke goes here). However, only male Sims that have been previously abducted can become pregnant, as the aliens modified their biology.
Mad Poster
#40 Old 20th May 2022 at 9:00 PM Last edited by AndrewGloria : 20th May 2022 at 9:39 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by OlsenTwinsDiCaprioFan001
Where can I find S2L's Teen WooHoo mod?

You can get it at The Booty here.
marka93 gave a link in post #4, but The Booty keeps changing its URL address, so that doesn't work now.

I presume that teen_woohoo_apartmentlife.zip is the right version if you have all EPs (as just about everybody here has these days, except myself and Mac users!).

P.S. You can also get the adult xxxsims2_woohoo_everywhere mod that marka93 mentioned at The Booty.

P.P.S. Myself I use Jenflower's Teen Woohoo from the old Simbology site. I believe this can cause problems with some of the later EPs, but my highest EP is OFB, and it works fine for me. I also use Pescado's Romance mod (primarily to reduce jealousy) and a couple of adult things by Chris Hatch and Joker's Wild from the much missed Back Alley Sims site. I don't have teen pregnancy in my game (except perhaps by setting a Sim to "Independent Teen" with the Sim Manipulator; I suspect Lexie Kauker-Capp will have a child with her husband Tybalt). I have however had a teenage boy in Baldrair Bluffs father a Sim with his friend's mother!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Field Researcher
#41 Old 24th May 2022 at 2:49 PM
I currently use ACR, Woohoo Teens, YA Can Enjoy Maternity, and RCCC. I used to use Inteen, but it conflicted with a lot of other mods I wanted to try. I don't actually have a ton of pregnant teenagers, but just the possibility can lead to some major neighborhood drama. On the other hand, I've had more than one Uni baby.

All's fair in love, war, and video games! ~LyokoGirl5000
Mad Poster
#42 Old 26th May 2022 at 1:58 AM
I do use ACR,RCCC and a few other Mods though I would consider inteen for a few of the features like teens and adults who were already friends being able to start a romance or teens being able to get married and also teen and adult couples being able to marry so that when both became adult they would be able to woohoo.I tuned ACR to my liking and nobody cheats unless I gave them permission and jealousy is mostly off since my sims aren't usually likely to cheat and those who do might not go beyond caual romance if they're in open relationships or are single and not in a committend relationship yet.
Meet Me In My Next Life
#43 Old 29th May 2022 at 2:20 AM
I don't use any pregnancies mod, and I don't do teen pregnancies. I do have married couples and couples who are living together but no children before they are married.
Years ago I had a Romantic Sims who was that kind of Women in the neighborhood men came to her like bees on honey. I started playing around letting her do things that I in real life would never dare do.

She had four kids by four different Sims male ( lol ) surprisedly she was a good mother and all the fathers. But never again will I do that it was too much work keeping everyone seeing each other like their ( fathers ) and for the fathers to give attention and time to their children. Now I play married couple or living together couple and eventually down the road will get married.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 9th Jun 2022 at 2:41 AM
Honestly, I'm still on the fence about my current setup (Two Jeff's ACR, Midge the Tree's RCC, JenFlower's Teen Woohoo + Pregnancy). My main desire was the Reproductive Capabilities Adjuster with all the flavor packs because it allowed for more fluid gender expression via in game options versus me just doing things in SimPE and using my imagination. That said, I switched away from Inteen years ago back before I understood the game's coding and function to the degree I do now (of course nowhere near enough to run the game fine without consulting this site but still...), and I've frequently thought about switching back over.

My reasons are I just feel like Inteen was way more chaotic and streamlined in a way my current combination is not. With Inteen I could get basically any female of birthing age (teen, young adult, adult) pregnant very easily and quickly, and control every aspect of the process with the biological clock. It came with enough flavor packs and options that I never felt I was missing anything until I heard about the RCC. My first teen pregnancy and the first time a pregnant sim had a miscarriage were so surprising and fun in a spontaneous fashion that the RCC hasn't really been able to match. It took a month of troubleshooting to get a teen pregnant with the configuration I have now, and even longer to figure out how to get young adults pregnant (to this day, I still can't get it to work naturally. I have to roll a die and use simblender, and it's just not the same). The other thing I miss (and I know this is going to sound terrible) is the ability to trigger a miscarriage with a button versus having to physically induce it, and having it be some combination of random and needs based, versus it being one or the other and active neglect being the only thing to trigger it. It works great for storytelling, limits population, and adds a bit of tragedy that makes the game worthwhile for me. Having to induce one through purposeful neglect or having it be completely random ruins some of the fun for me, but tuning the odds does make it a little more common.

My only hesitation and reason I haven't switched back to Inteen is the aforementioned conflicts. Granted, I don't think I have a lot of mods that conflict with it if I were to switch back, but I'm barely able to keep my game running as is and am not really in the mood to have one more thing to troubleshoot. Back when I had Inteen installed I practically tailored my game around it to avoid conflicts in a way that I don't have to now. Did I ever find the conflicts to be bothersome? No, not really. Honestly the mod worked so well for me that I genuinely didn't care, and never really had any issues until something better came along. Personally, I think the concerns with conflicts are a bit overblown, but it depends on your mods configuration. Building a downloads folder with Inteen as a foundation is way easier than trying to jam it into a perfectly oiled and running downloads folder. The one thing I will always say in defense of Inteen is that there's a reason why there are several posts about replacing it that span a list of thirty separate mods, and I can confirm this from my own experience: In spite of its conflicts, it manages to cram the functionality and personality of thirty different hacks, fixes or mods into one, single mod, and it does it really well. That, in it of itself, almost makes up for any conflicts you'll encounter.
Page 2 of 2