Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Aug 2017 at 12:23 PM Last edited by Rickz13 : 7th Aug 2017 at 11:29 AM.
familyFunds : Problems and solutions
You all know familyFunds, that pesky cheat that sometimes does nothing.
You've probably read so many articles, some unclear , some eh... still unclear (atleast for me) about familyFunds, but you still have problems?

In this guide I'll explain (relatively late) the problems you are probably having with familyFunds
Put in the comments if I've missed anything

How do I use it in the first place?
Let's say, you want your family named "Jackson" to have 40000 simoleons.
Open your cheat box and type in.
familyFunds Jackson 40000

But, you can also add or take money away from your sims.
You want to give "Jackson" 20 simleons. Then you type in:
familyFunds Jackson +20

But, then you change your mind. Family "Jackson" is not rich, they are BROKE.
You want to take away 1300 simleons. Type in:
familyFunds Jackson -1300
THIS ALSO WORKS IN "FAMILY BIN" GO TO NEIGHBORHOOD SCREEN FIRST

The letters don't have to be case sensitive, if you type in "jackson" instead of "Jackson" it doesn't matter..

If there are multiple words, like "Von Jackson", do this:
familyFunds "Von Jackson" 40000
Your family named "Von Jackson" now has 40000.

In the SimPE tutorial I didn't knew you CAN in fact use "familyFunds" when there are multiple words in one.

I have two families named Jackson, and it only chooses the one I don't want?
This doesn't work with familyFunds.
There is a better way for this. You need to have SimPE for this. Scroll down in this text box (not the thread itself) for a detailed guide

Changing your family's funds using SimPE
Meet family "van der Lood". (look at attachment)
I can't give them money via familyFunds due to the spaces between words.

What I can do is open SimPE.

Go to the Sims2 file (in documents).
Open the map "Neighbourhoods".
Go to your desired neighbourhood.
Open the neighbourhood file using SimPE. (attached file)

Click on Family information. (attached file)

Click on your family that you want to change, in this case "van der Lood".
Click on plugin view on the bottom of the screen.

You can check if you have the right family by looking at the family member box (last attached file.)

You can change the money in the little box with the name money.
Press commit and close SimPE.

When you open the Sims2, "van der Lood" should have the desired amount of money.

That's all there is to it!
If you need any help or am I missing something? Put it in the comments below!

Happy simming, in Sims2

(Btw, sorry for terrible handwriting in the screenshots. I drew it with my mouse)

\
Quote: Originally posted by Lamare
2) your family is the very first family in a 'hood.
I've tested it, and it isn't true.
Screenshots

Yes, i'm still using Sims2. i'll keep it that way.

Alsolookatmychannelrealygoodchannelchannelisaboutanythingyoulikeidunnoimwasting2minutesoftypingthiswhatanawfullsignature...
Advertisement
just a girl
#2 Old 6th Aug 2017 at 2:32 PM
I've heard two rumors about this cheat that it also might not work if: 1) your family name has non-latin characters, 2) your family is the very first family in a 'hood.
Those are rumors, not confirmed, and I'd hate to spread them, but would be nice to know, if anyone tested this.

Rickz13, thanks for tutorial. (Although, I'm used to using kaching, motherlode and money order.)
Scholar
#3 Old 6th Aug 2017 at 5:33 PM
I don't find it to be case-sensitive -- "jackson" works just as well as "Jackson" for me.

Thanks for showing screenshots with the SimPE instructions! When familyfunds doesn't work because I have more than one household with the same name, I use Cyjon's loan jar to give Sims funds (if you delete the jar afterwards, it clears the debt) and Monique's computer to take them away, but they're only good for multiples of 100 simoleons (except for the 250 option) and sometimes I want a more precise amount. I might see if I can get SimPE to work now I have this.
Test Subject
#4 Old 6th Aug 2017 at 5:44 PM
As an alternative to SimPE, I'd recommend people check out Monique's Hacked Computer, available here at MTS. Its Online Banking functions should cover anything the familyfunds cheat cannot.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 6th Aug 2017 at 6:51 PM
I use Pescado's Money Order as well. I find that useful for getting rid of excess money or giving it to a specific other sim.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Theorist
#6 Old 6th Aug 2017 at 7:14 PM
You can also write:
Code:
familyFunds "Von Jackson" 5000
It should work just as fine, without the whole SimPE hassle that I'm seeing.
Scholar
#7 Old 6th Aug 2017 at 7:26 PM
Agreed to what DJ. said.
You just have to wrap the family name between "" symbols. That's all.

I usually give my households unique names.
Yes, the Walkers had serveral children who moved out and have their own houses. One is the "Charles Walker" family, other is the "Roger Walker" family, and so on.
I use SimPE to change the name so I guess I'm going thru all the trouble anyway, but it's easier for me for several reasons - and the most important is that I write down which was the last family I played in the current rotation.
Scholar
#8 Old 6th Aug 2017 at 7:56 PM
For multiply families having same surname, I prefer using in-game hacks such as ChristianLov's Last name Copier, that allow you to change it BEFORE you move out the children of the first family, like adding an extra syllable and then when moving them back in, change it back again. Only the household name will then have the altered surname. On some computers SimPE can be veeery laggy to use, so I prefer plop down minor hacked objects that do the same thing and no need to exit back and forth the game.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 6th Aug 2017 at 8:11 PM
I just use the Money command that allmenus provides. If there's not enough money to afford a house I stick down a few mortgage shrubs.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#10 Old 6th Aug 2017 at 9:46 PM
The Sim Manipulator has an option to "Alter Family Funds..." It's not as exact as the familyfunds cheat or the Allmenus money cheat, but I find it to be very helpful if familyfunds doesn't work for some reason.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 6th Aug 2017 at 10:35 PM
I once had to give Antonio Monty compensation for him having to buy a suit to replace one that was destroyed by a Maxis glitch. (It's the problem of Sims who have clothes on their back but not in their wardrobes, so, if they change into a different outfit they lose the original one. I had a thread about this back in my earliest days on this forum.) Anyway I used FamilyFunds to try to reimburse him. I was actually interested to see which sept of the Monty clan would get the money. I thought it might go to Isabella and Patrizio. Actually it went to Bianca! Now Bianca has a good relationship with her brother, and she dutifully passed the money on to him using christianlov's Wallet. Except that she's a Monty, and she has an eye for business. So she deducted a small "handling charge".

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 6th Aug 2017 at 10:47 PM
Insimenator also has a option to add or subtract money. SimBlender does as well.

There's also SW's checkbook, and that's the way Mary Sue Pleasant decided to pay off all the victims of the murderous prison scheme-by check.

To throw money away, you can use Monique's hacked computer to 'donate' funds to a unnamed entity.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#13 Old 6th Aug 2017 at 10:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lamare
I've heard two rumors about this cheat that it also might not work if: 1) your family name has non-latin characters,

Not sure what classifies as non-latin characters, but it does work with the additional Swedish letters Å, Ä and Ö.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 6th Aug 2017 at 11:01 PM
Capp Manor
Veronaville

Don't donate your Simoleons to an unnamed entity. Donate them to The Capp Charitable Foundation for the Assistance of the Deserving Poor of Veronaville and its Environs. It does sterling work in alleviating the poverty which still blemishes our society.

Yours faithfully,
Tybalt Capp,
Treasurer,
The Capp Charitable Foundation for the Assistance of the Deserving Poor of Veronaville and its Environs

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 7th Aug 2017 at 10:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DJ.
You can also write:
Code:
familyFunds "Von Jackson" 5000
It should work just as fine, without the whole SimPE hassle that I'm seeing.

Is that really possible? I've tried everything! From brackets to arrows.

Unfortunately, i'm not home
I'll test and update everything when I'm home, would take long, but I'll do it for the other people struggling

Alsolookatmychannelrealygoodchannelchannelisaboutanythingyoulikeidunnoimwasting2minutesoftypingthiswhatanawfullsignature...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 7th Aug 2017 at 10:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
Insimenator also has a option to add or subtract money. SimBlender does as well.

There's also SW's checkbook, and that's the way Mary Sue Pleasant decided to pay off all the victims of the murderous prison scheme-by check.

To throw money away, you can use Monique's hacked computer to 'donate' funds to a unnamed entity.

I understand, but there are problems:
Insimenator comes with A LOT of more stuff, for some beginners it is a pain in the @$$ to read all of it, and will probably will get lost in information.

I can't find SW's checkbook.

Monique's hacked computer does need to have a lot packs installed. And again, it is a mess for beginners.

Good idea though.

My point is, beginners have to understand it.

Mad Poster
#17 Old 7th Aug 2017 at 11:52 AM Last edited by FranH : 7th Aug 2017 at 12:03 PM.
To wit-Ihate has a website for SW's mods that he/she set up, and here's the listing for the section that has the checkbook in it: http://simfileshare.net/folder/15690/

There's also another way to add funds to a family without using hacks, even for a beginner:

Make a CL, and turn it into the 'town dump'. Put it all the various deco stuff you want and never use. When a pixel goes there, just click 'delete' on any item and voila, there's money added to the family funds! Do it often enough and you can make a decent amount of money just by dump surfing. This is a CL, so it doesn't retain the memory of having anything deleted, either.

And you never have to use SimPE again.

Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#18 Old 7th Aug 2017 at 12:14 PM
Make a CL, and turn it into the 'town dump'. Put it all the various deco stuff you want and never use. When a pixel goes there, just click 'delete' on any item and voila, there's money added to the family funds! Do it often enough and you can make a decent amount of money just by dump surfing. This is a CL, so it doesn't retain the memory of having anything deleted, either.

That's a splendid idea for a community lot, especially if you didn't use expensive items (I'm mean to sims, sue me). It would be a method where you could have very poor sims make a life by dumpster diving or a rubbish tip equivalent. I'm not proposing being cruel but if you wanted to explore what it means to have sims really struggle to live, that would be an interesting thing to do. I think Sirencester might develop a landfill site on its outskirts. Gives me a reason to use those terrain paints I DL.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Test Subject
Original Poster
#19 Old 7th Aug 2017 at 3:21 PM
To wit-Ihate has a website for SW's mods that he/she set up, and here's the listing for the section that has the checkbook in it: http://simfileshare.net/folder/15690/

There's also another way to add funds to a family without using hacks, even for a beginner:

And you never have to use SimPE again.

What is "CL" and "Town dump"?

Mad Poster
#20 Old 7th Aug 2017 at 3:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rickz13
What is "CL" and "Town dump"?
I think "CL" is Community Lot, and "town dump" is just the local rubbish dump where people tip all the stuff they don't want any more.

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Mad Poster
#21 Old 7th Aug 2017 at 5:00 PM
You forgot to mention that you will only be able to delete objects if you use a buy/build enabler mod. Unless inventory is allowed on community lots and I've forgotten about it?

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Mad Poster
#22 Old 7th Aug 2017 at 5:03 PM
And how one delete stuff on a CL ? 0_o
Gummi came and rescued me.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Scholar
#23 Old 7th Aug 2017 at 6:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rickz13
I understand, but there are problems:
Insimenator comes with A LOT of more stuff, for some beginners it is a pain in the @$$ to read all of it, and will probably will get lost in information.

I can't find SW's checkbook.

Monique's hacked computer does need to have a lot packs installed. And again, it is a mess for beginners.

Good idea though.

My point is, beginners have to understand it.

Monique's computer is a lot easier to use than SimPE, though. All you need to do to get rid of money is click "bank online" and "donate", then select the amount, whereas SimPE...I know I said I'd try it again with your screenshot instructions, but it turns out I already deleted it in disgust!
Mad Poster
#24 Old 7th Aug 2017 at 6:49 PM
Gummi's right, you do have to have a enabler for deleting objects on Community lots-but it is a small hack, and not that big a deal. I got the idea for the 'Town Dump" (which is exactly what it's called-ie, the recycling center) from another blog.

And you can make lots of money from it.

Or conversely, you can own the lot, and take in recyclable items from pixels who wander in. Heck, turn it into a digging spot and really turn that trash into treasure!

It's a goldmine!

Mad Poster
#25 Old 7th Aug 2017 at 6:57 PM
I wonder if anyone's ever made a consignment shop in TS2? Off to check....

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Page 1 of 2