Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#26 Old 27th Aug 2017 at 2:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
At the risk of this thread turning into a dogpile...

1 - Get rid of your current Mods folder entirely.
2 - Download the Framework from here to some other location like your Desktop. Unzip it and place the resulting Mods folder into your TS3 game folder in Documents. It should look just like the illustrations provided, except for some differences around the edges due to different operating systems (Win 7 is shown, but that doesn't matter).
http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...Setup_and_Files
3 - Delete the scriptCache.package file in your game folder as described prior.

4 - The provided download comes with Resource.cfg and everything already in the right places. It also includes two small sample mods for testing, NoIntroMovie and NoBuildSparkles, already in Packages. Startup and see if the EA Intro Movie is indeed suppressed and see that you get a popup indicating that the two script mods have been found. If so, then everything is working.

5 - Quit that game, download NRaas MasterController again, unzip it, and place it in Packages.
6 - Delete the scriptCache.package file again, startup, and look for the mod in-game.

Nothing should go into Overrides unless a mod developer has specifically said to put something in there. If it still isn't working, then perhaps provide us with the screenshots of the game folder, Mods, and Packages in detail view so we can see what you have where.
NRAAS still does not work, screenshots down here.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 27th Aug 2017 at 3:03 PM
Either there's something wrong with your Resoure.cfg, or your entire game is FUBAR.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
In the Arena
retired moderator
#28 Old 27th Aug 2017 at 3:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SuperGamer675
Only NRAAS mods do not work? How did you determine they not work? Which NRAAS mod are we talking about here?

How about the nointro and nobuildsparkles? Do these still appear? ie not work?
Scholar
#29 Old 27th Aug 2017 at 4:25 PM
Off topic, why is your default opener notepad? You havent been opening these with notepad, right?
Mad Poster
#30 Old 27th Aug 2017 at 4:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pretenshus
Off topic, why is your default opener notepad? You havent been opening these with notepad, right?

Yeah, that can't be a good thing either.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Site Helper
#31 Old 27th Aug 2017 at 5:57 PM
If you don't have a package editor installed, it's not going to find a package editor to open it with. As long as you don't actually change anything, having NotePad be the program that launches when you double click the file isn't a problem. (And it's a lot better than spending all that time waiting for the game to load and then crash if you've accidentally double clicked something you were trying to move. )

Granted: S3PE would be a better choice. But the default program that opens a package file is otherwise not relevant.

If it's just the NRAAS mods that are not working, are you aware that those are never seen by the Launcher, so the Launcher will not tell you that they are there? The way to tell if they are working or not is to actually get into the game and look for a NRAAS menu on the City Hall. (You also can see it on sims, computers, objects, walls, the ground, etc. depending on which mod you have and where you click. But you can always find it on City Hall or a Base Camp.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Mad Poster
#32 Old 27th Aug 2017 at 6:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SuperGamer675

The illustrations look fine as far as we can see thanks, but there are no NRaas mods in your setup at all. Where are you putting MasterController? It's supposed to go into Packages. And yes, we are still waiting to hear if the NoIntro test mod is working.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#33 Old 27th Aug 2017 at 8:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pretenshus
I have.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#34 Old 27th Aug 2017 at 8:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ellacharmed
Only NRAAS mods do not work? How did you determine they not work? Which NRAAS mod are we talking about here?

How about the nointro and nobuildsparkles? Do these still appear? ie not work?
Yes, the test mods do not work.
Mad Poster
#35 Old 27th Aug 2017 at 8:20 PM
Wait a minute, I see the problem now. Don't know how I missed it before, guess I forgot which month this is. Look at the modification dates/times of your remaining cache files and your DeviceConfig.log. They are all showing as July 25. This entire TS3 user game folder you are adding mods into hasn't been used by the game for over a month.

Either you are not really starting up the game or, more likely, you have another user game folder someplace that the game is reading from instead. A common place for this to happen is the Documents folder of OneDrive.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#36 Old 27th Aug 2017 at 8:28 PM
Wait a minute, I see the problem now. Don't know how I missed it before, guess I forgot which month this is. Look at the modification dates/times of your remaining cache files and your DeviceConfig.log. They are all showing as July 25. This entire TS3 user game folder you are adding mods into hasn't been used by the game for over a month.

Either you are not really starting up the game or, more likely, you have another user game folder someplace that the game is reading from instead. A common place for this to happen is the Documents folder of OneDrive.
How do I fix it?
Mad Poster
#37 Old 27th Aug 2017 at 8:31 PM
You have to find the other game folder first. If it's actually in OneDrive, one way is to delete it (get any content, saved games since July that you need, etc. out of it first if there is anything in there that you need) and then deactivate OneDrive entirely. If you have a real use for OneDrive, then you would want to make sure it's temporarily deactivated before launching the game each time so that TS3 can't find it.

There should be a OneDrive icon in your system tray that has some options associated with it if you right-click on it. There might be a separate Control Panel.

I wish they would fix this by way of an Origin update or something. Seems to be affecting a lot of users on Win 10, some on 8.1.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#38 Old 27th Aug 2017 at 8:32 PM
You have to find the other game folder first. If it's actually in OneDrive, one way is to delete it (get any content, saved games since July that you need, etc.) out of it first if there is anything in there that you need and then deactivate OneDrive entirely. If you have a real use for OneDrive, then you would want to make sure it's temporarily deactivated before launching the game each time so that TS3 can't find it.

I wish they would fix this by way of an Origin update or something. Seems to be affecting a lot of users on Win 10, some on 8.1.
Uhh, whats OneDrive? I'm kinda new to this computer stuff...
Mad Poster
#39 Old 27th Aug 2017 at 8:35 PM
Sorry, I posted before I was really finished typing, see my above response again (edited).

OneDrive is an online file sync service in the cloud provided by Microsoft. Sort of like DropBox and iCloud, but built into Windows. If you have no need for it, you can switch it off entirely again, I believe, from the icon in the system tray or its Control Panel.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#40 Old 27th Aug 2017 at 8:41 PM
Sorry, I posted before I was really finished typing, see my above response again (edited).

OneDrive is an online file sync service in the cloud provided by Microsoft. Sort of like DropBox and iCloud, but built into Windows. If you have no need for it, you can switch it off entirely again, I believe, from the icon in the system tray or its Control Panel.
How do you disable it?
Mad Poster
#41 Old 27th Aug 2017 at 8:43 PM
Test Subject
Original Poster
#42 Old 27th Aug 2017 at 8:46 PM
https://support.office.com/en-US/ar...38-6efb09f944b0
It STILL does not work!
Mad Poster
#43 Old 27th Aug 2017 at 8:50 PM
What was "not working" was that your intended user game folder wasn't even being read from or used by the game. Did you find another game folder in OneDrive, get rid of it, and deactivate OneDrive so that a new one wouldn't keep spawning there (if so, that was awfully fast...). Did you go further and try to uninstall OneDrive like the links I provided says? The goal here is to get TS3 to use the game folder it should be using, the one in regular Documents.

Forget about mods for the moment, the modification date/times of those cache files and the DeviceConfig.log should instantly update to the current date and time when you startup the game or else anything else you do with that game folder will just be ignored.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#44 Old 27th Aug 2017 at 8:53 PM
What was "not working" was that your intended user game folder wasn't even being read from or used by the game. Did you find another game folder in OneDrive, get rid of it, and deactivate OneDrive so that a new one wouldn't keep spawning there (if so, that was awfully fast...). Did you go further and try to uninstall OneDrive like the links I provided says? The goal here is to get TS3 to use the game folder it should be using, the one in regular Documents.

Forget about mods for the moment, the modification date/times of those cache files and the DeviceConfig.log should instantly update to the current date and time when you startup the game or else anything else you do with that game folder will just be ignored.
Where do I find the OneDrive folder?
Mad Poster
#45 Old 27th Aug 2017 at 8:55 PM
I don't have Win 10 or OneDrive myself. If it's not under Computer directly, how about C:\Users\(your user name)? Or you could search for it?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#46 Old 27th Aug 2017 at 8:57 PM
I found the OneDrive folder, but where is the "Games" folder?
Mad Poster
#47 Old 27th Aug 2017 at 8:59 PM
Is there a Documents folder under OneDrive? And inside there, perhaps an Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 setup, just like in regular Documents? If so, that's where to look.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#48 Old 27th Aug 2017 at 9:01 PM
Is there a Documents folder under OneDrive? And inside there, perhaps an Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 setup, just like in regular Documents? If so, that's where to look.
No, there is not a OneDrive folder in my documents.
Mad Poster
#49 Old 27th Aug 2017 at 9:07 PM
That is not what I said. I asked if there was a (separate) Documents folder inside of OneDrive.

I'm sorry, but I cannot see into your computer. The bottom line is that if you have actually been launching the game all this time, since July 25, then you have a user game folder someplace unexpected on your computer. Try to search for it. Perhaps startup and save a game session with a goofy name, then search for the named save and maybe that will take you to where it is.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#50 Old 27th Aug 2017 at 9:38 PM
That is not what I said. I asked if there was a (separate) Documents folder inside of OneDrive.

I'm sorry, but I cannot see into your computer. The bottom line is that if you have actually been launching the game all this time, since July 25, then you have a user game folder someplace unexpected on your computer. Try to search for it. Perhaps startup and save a game session with a goofy name, then search for the named save and maybe that will take you to where it is.
I searched up my save name, "Doge eat fruit" I only found the file IN the Sims 3 document, NOT the OneDrive one.
Page 2 of 3