Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Variable Emotional Traits

by roBurky Posted 16th Sep 2017 at 4:04 PM - Updated 19th Jan 2021 at 3:25 PM by roBurky : v1.0.0 released

57 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 35 Feedback Posts, 21 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 16th Sep 2017 at 4:16 PM
Interesting Idea. I like your mods.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 16th Sep 2017 at 5:01 PM
Thanks. This should make emotional traits that bit more interesting now.
It shouldn't clash with any mods that change which buffs Sims get from certain Needs should it?
For example I have a mod that makes certain Sims bored with low fun instead of tense, and dazed when tired instead of uncomfortable. That sort of thing.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#4 Old 16th Sep 2017 at 5:14 PM
Thank you. This is a very reasonable approach to the mood wheel and makes sim life more colorful.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 16th Sep 2017 at 9:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
Thanks. This should make emotional traits that bit more interesting now.
It shouldn't clash with any mods that change which buffs Sims get from certain Needs should it?
For example I have a mod that makes certain Sims bored with low fun instead of tense, and dazed when tired instead of uncomfortable. That sort of thing.

There won't be any kind of conflict with a mod like that.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 16th Sep 2017 at 11:12 PM
This is definitely a much needed mod. Are you considering adding anything to prevent sims from dying if they become too overwhelmed with feelings like anger? I haven't had it happen yet, i just worry. I'll be taking the chance anyway because this is a much better way to have personality in the simverse. Thank you so much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 17th Sep 2017 at 12:33 AM
Creative and interesting
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 17th Sep 2017 at 7:13 AM
Trait-EmotionalTraits-Core? You should probably make that a hidden trait instead of a reward trait. Mod Constructor does allow for hidden traits to be rewarded or learned.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 17th Sep 2017 at 9:23 AM Last edited by roBurky : 17th Sep 2017 at 5:01 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by jackboog21
Trait-EmotionalTraits-Core? You should probably make that a hidden trait instead of a reward trait. Mod Constructor does allow for hidden traits to be rewarded or learned.

Whoops! Yeah, that was meant to be turned hidden for the public version. I'll just go fix that.
Edit: Done! v3 uploaded, with the hidden trait that powers the mod now properly hidden.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#10 Old 17th Sep 2017 at 4:57 PM
Awesome, thanks~!
Mad Poster
#11 Old 17th Sep 2017 at 9:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by roBurky
Whoops! Yeah, that was meant to be turned hidden for the public version. I'll just go fix that.
Edit: Done! v3 uploaded, with the hidden trait that powers the mod now properly hidden.

So THAT's where that trait suddenly came from. I thought it was a bug. Oops.
*heads off to download updated version*

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Test Subject
#12 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 3:49 PM
Hey, I like this, I just wonder, you know the Insane trait? Did you modify that too?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 4:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TheRubyWolf
Hey, I like this, I just wonder, you know the Insane trait? Did you modify that too?

Yep. It's mentioned in the 'in detail' part of the description. The mod also applies to the occasional happy/flirty/sad/angry moodlets from the insane trait.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 7:04 PM
nice
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#15 Old 20th Sep 2017 at 10:48 PM
Great MOD! I was wondering if you could help me out...I am looking to build a set of traits that react to each other. I want a Death Eater app that makes the sims holding the trait confident when around each other and a Muggle trait that makes sims holding that trait happy when around each other. THEN, I want Death Eater trait holders to feel tense around Muggle trait holders and I want Muggle trait holders to feel tense when around Death Eater trait holders.

In addition I'd like a similar trait for Hogwarts Staff, Ministry Officials, and a general Witches/Wizards trait and all of them should make Muggle trait holders tense +1

If I can get help making the Death Eater and Muggle traits I can recreate them for the other traits just fine, I think, but I need help the first time around.

I have tried using Buff & Trait Factory as well as MOD Constructor, but I am so at a loss and cannot find any help online and thus far no modern is replying to my please for assistance. If you or anyone else could help it'd be greatly appreciated. :D
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 21st Sep 2017 at 7:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BlackPiano
I have tried using Buff & Trait Factory as well as MOD Constructor, but I am so at a loss and cannot find any help online and thus far no modern is replying to my please for assistance. If you or anyone else could help it'd be greatly appreciated. :D

At least one modder has replied to you. You should go check for the replies the last time you asked me about this, and your thread in the modding discussion forum.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 21st Sep 2017 at 3:56 PM
Excelent mod. This brings so much to the gameplay, making sims more "complex" and increasing game difficulties.
Thnak you.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 27th Sep 2017 at 7:20 PM
Default Thank goodness for you!!!!
Quote: Originally posted by roBurky
At least one modder has replied to you. You should go check for the replies the last time you asked me about this, and your thread in the modding discussion forum.

Thank you SO much for replying to me! I cannot stress how much help this means to me! For some reason, there was no notification for me alerting me the you had replied. I really appreciate the assist. I followed your instructions fine right up until the the Test Conditions part. In the mod Contractor I have there is no dropdown box nor any mention of Target nor Actor. Every time I try to get the mod Constructor it gives me the beta file though Zerbu clearly has two folders for 2 different version of the program. They both load the beta and look slightly different form each other, but none have that extra test component option. If i give you my email would you be able to share your V2 copy of your mod constructor program?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 27th Sep 2017 at 7:58 PM
Hello, can you tell me what hair are you using on the guy with black hair 6th pic from the left 2nd pic from the right much appreciate it!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#20 Old 28th Sep 2017 at 3:21 AM
Thanks for this! Sometimes I don't think those traits are useful or don't realize they are "secretly" feeling that way
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 18th Oct 2017 at 12:48 AM
The Sims 4 update today to v1.35.10 was a minor content and bug fix patch. This mod continues to work with no changes required.
Scholar
#22 Old 30th Oct 2017 at 1:19 AM
Hi! I love this mod but I've got an error exception coming up that says "Failure: 'roburky_emotionaltraits-variable' (roburky_emotionaltraits-variable) (ImportError: No module named 'injector')" Do you know what that means? Am I missing a file? Never had that come up before, just started happening. I do have the correct version. Instead of getting the one strong emotion, it seems they're getting double emotional traits instead.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#23 Old 30th Oct 2017 at 8:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by spidergirl79
Hi! I love this mod but I've got an error exception coming up that says "Failure: 'roburky_emotionaltraits-variable' (roburky_emotionaltraits-variable) (ImportError: No module named 'injector')" Do you know what that means? Am I missing a file? Never had that come up before, just started happening. I do have the correct version. Instead of getting the one strong emotion, it seems they're getting double emotional traits instead.

Whoops! The injector is a common utility script that a lot of mods include in their ts4script file and make use of. It seems I actually forgot to include it in the ts4script file for this one, but nobody had any problems until now because they all had at least one other mod installed that DID include it!

Thanks for the report!
I've fixed it in v4 of the mod, now uploaded.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#24 Old 30th Oct 2017 at 8:39 PM
Thank you! -- I really do enjoy this mod so thanks! I don't know why I got that error tbh
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#25 Old 7th Nov 2017 at 9:27 PM
The Sims 4 update to v1.36.99 was a major patch to prepare for the Cats & Dogs expansion. Many mods will be broken by it and require an update from their creators. But thankfully, my mods have survived, and continue to work with no changes required!
Page 1 of 3