Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Heterochromia (updated 29 Jun '23)

by Nopke Posted 10th Dec 2017 at 10:09 AM - Updated 29th Jun 2023 at 3:45 PM by Nopke

39 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 33 Feedback Posts, 5 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 10th Dec 2017 at 6:08 PM
Thank you!!! Thank you!!!!!! You are GREAT!!!!! :333
I'll try right now :DDDD
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 11th Dec 2017 at 9:14 PM
I love this so much! As someone with heterochromia, I've always wished my sims could too! Thank you
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#4 Old 11th Dec 2017 at 9:18 PM
Yes!! Thank you! My boyfriend has heterochromia and was upset when I couldn't make his simself realistic! I just showed him this and he's so happy!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 16th Dec 2017 at 11:33 PM
awesome! I've wanted something like this for a long time, it's weird that pets can have heterochromia and human/-oid sims can't
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 19th Dec 2017 at 11:08 AM
It's great! Thank you so much! :lovestruc
Scholar
#7 Old 8th Jan 2018 at 8:20 AM Last edited by Sims2Christain : 12th Feb 2018 at 8:25 AM. Reason: Typos
Default Blocky Vampire Eyes
So all of the eyes work great except for the vampire ones, from a distance they appear just black and scrolling towards the sims eye the black fades and an eye that is quite pixeliated comes through.
the texture appears but it is blocky instead of smooth like the normal maxis eyes and all the other heterochromia eyes. I'd send you a comparison picture but I am currently not in game. redownloading didn't fix the issue and I have yet to pull all my vampire hacks to see if they're the cause. the ones i've pulled so far don't appear to have caused the issue. I'm very confused as this does not happen to the werewolves even though I also have new default eyes for them.

Solved
Default replacement CC was the cause.
Instructor
Original Poster
#8 Old 12th Feb 2018 at 7:33 PM Last edited by Nopke : 13th Feb 2018 at 9:30 AM.
@Sims2Christain I've checked it, but I forgot to reply. I'm sorry. I haven't observed any issues while using the original maxis texture. I guess the vampire defaults you're using have broken mipmaps. But since I haven't seen those, I can't be sure.
Scholar
#9 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 7:39 AM
I found the culprit long ago and it was vampiredefaultnoredeyes by TSN. No small wonder as to why it wasn't working correctly. interesting glitch that it caused though
Just Conflicting CC.

No need to be sorry, I just need to check mod compatibility and remove obselete mods more often. Thanks for making the eyes, so many new stories and thanks for looking on your end.
Instructor
Original Poster
#10 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 9:35 AM
So that bug occured just because there was no proper texture for vampire eyes. Thanks for your reply.
Inventor
#11 Old 6th Feb 2019 at 10:40 AM Last edited by Anhaeyn : 6th Feb 2019 at 11:56 AM.
@Nopke Any idea why plantsim, wilted plantsim, lycan, lycan alien and vampire eyes are white, instead of showing eye color? Genie, alien and bigfoot eyes are working fine, vampire ones before were working too. I have UC, mentioned above eyes weren't working with installed defaults and aren't working even after removing these defaults.
Pic: https://i.imgur.com/1er9iEk.jpg
Instructor
Original Poster
#12 Old 6th Feb 2019 at 3:45 PM
@Anhaeyn Defaults with empty eyes cause that. I guess you need to delete the Accessory.cache file from Documents\EA Games\The Simsâ„¢ 2 Ultimate Collection after you remove defaults to refresh textures.
Inventor
#13 Old 6th Feb 2019 at 9:55 PM
@Nopke what do you mean by empty eyes?
I've deleted cache files (I always do), also installed different set of defaults, reinstalled this mod and still nothing.
Instructor
Original Poster
#14 Old 7th Feb 2019 at 9:23 AM
@Anhaeyn I mean defaults that leave Sims' original eyes visible, like this.
Are you sure you've removed all default replacement skins of plantsims, werewolves and vampires? Haven't you got any in your game files ([game folder]\TSData\Res\Catalog)?
Inventor
#15 Old 7th Feb 2019 at 10:30 AM
@Nopke Ah, I have some skin defaults, to be specific, these. There are both natural S1-S4 and supernaturals. I'm using all of them. So I should remove these?
As for ([game folder]\TSData\Res\Catalog) I have there one file - skins.package.
Instructor
Original Poster
#16 Old 7th Feb 2019 at 3:03 PM
@Anhaeyn Those defaults have empty eyes, as I see. So removing them should fix the white eye bug.
But you don't have to remove your defaults. You may just delete the white eyes and create your own recolors of the heterochromia eyes accessories in Bodyshop.
Inventor
#17 Old 7th Feb 2019 at 7:31 PM
@Nopke I removed these 3 defaults and installed different ones in their place. Everything is working fine now, thanks!
Instructor
#18 Old 18th Oct 2019 at 7:28 AM
Default Glitchy eyes - what gives?
I seem to have encountered a problem with this accessory. Last year I had this glitch when I tried to change this sim's appearance:

Then it happened again to one of my other sims two days ago when I tried to change her appearance. Thinking further on it, the only thing that they have in common is that they're both wearing the heterochromia accessory. They're both wearing "normal" eyes - not supernatural defaults or anything. Not sure what's causing it or how to fix it, but I wanted to let you know.
Instructor
Original Poster
#19 Old 18th Oct 2019 at 8:53 AM Last edited by Nopke : 18th Oct 2019 at 9:34 PM.
@Amalia81 As far as I know, it happens after you remove CC eyes used by a Sim. I can also see he has no eyebrows and no eyeglasses so it looks like their files have also been removed.
Instructor
#20 Old 18th Oct 2019 at 9:42 AM
Forgot to mention, my eyes folder always stays in my downloads folder. His other CC was also in the game.
Instructor
Original Poster
#21 Old 18th Oct 2019 at 9:34 PM Last edited by Nopke : 19th Oct 2019 at 9:44 AM.
@Amalia81 Are those Sims unplayable? The game sometimes splits Sims' files and it can cause strange behavior if you try to change appearance of such Sims.
Instructor
#22 Old 19th Oct 2019 at 12:01 AM Last edited by Amalia81 : 19th Oct 2019 at 8:39 AM.
Nope, they're regular townies I made myself.

EDIT: I removed the heterochromia accessory from my downloads folder, reapplied her other face details (makeup, brows, accessories) and they stuck. So, that has to be the culprit.
Instructor
Original Poster
#23 Old 19th Oct 2019 at 12:31 PM
@Amalia81 You're right, this is the culprit. I guess the game isn't very smart at choosing the face mesh, when an accessory mesh is named "face". After I changed that name, the "change appearance" dialog seems to work well. Unfortunately, all the Sims using the heterochromia eyes need to have reapplied that accessory. Before I release the possibly corrected version, could you check if it really doesn't cause problems anymore? Remember to remove Accessory.cache before you install the new version. You can download it here. Thank you for reporting the bug and for your time.
Instructor
#24 Old 19th Oct 2019 at 1:59 PM Last edited by Amalia81 : 20th Oct 2019 at 10:35 AM.
@Nopke Happy to help! I'll check it out tomorrow.

EDIT: The new version's working as far as I can tell. I applied the accessory, saved it, went to change her appearance again, and she looked normal! Yay!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 25th Jan 2021 at 12:21 AM
Thank you so much my sims can finally be as edgy and over the top as I can manage! <3
Page 1 of 2