Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Classic Dance With Family (Non-Romantic Social)

by piqiwi Posted 31st Jan 2018 at 12:23 AM - Updated 22nd Jan 2019 at 2:37 PM by piqiwi

17 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 6 Feedback Posts, 10 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 31st Jan 2018 at 7:13 AM
Thank you very much! I waited for this for years.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#3 Old 31st Jan 2018 at 8:05 AM
That's a brilliant idea! Thank you.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 31st Jan 2018 at 4:29 PM
Thanks guys for the support. I hope I can deliver more useful mod in the future
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 31st Jan 2018 at 8:36 PM
cute
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 31st Jan 2018 at 8:37 PM
I Love this! It will make for such touching moments, like the one you've shown.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#7 Old 31st Jan 2018 at 8:53 PM
Thank you so much, is very useful!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#8 Old 31st Jan 2018 at 9:06 PM
Such a sweet idea! I really missed something like that in my game. Thank you!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#9 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 2:08 AM
Thank you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 14th Feb 2018 at 6:28 AM
Aw I love that family members can dance together. I also love that finally my May-December couples can now classic dance. Thank you!
Mad Poster
#11 Old 18th Feb 2018 at 4:28 AM
Playing with this mod in my game, I found it quite charming to see a nephew able to classic dance with his aunt!

But there's something strange going on with the autonomy. Yes I want sims to be able to do this interaction autonomously, but after playing with this mod for a little less than 24 sim hours, I'm thinking I might have to switch to the non-autonomous version, because nine times out of ten sims will chose this interaction instead of any other social interaction, and they can be extremely stubborn about it! I was playing as an elderly sim who invited her adult nephew over, and during the time he was there he must have queued up "classic dance" over 100 times. She was trying to teach a toddler to talk, and it didn't matter how many times I canceled the "classic dance" showing up in her queue because the nephew would just put it right back. He would also queue-stomp all other interactions when I was trying to get her to "admire" or "groom" him or give him a friendly hug, because somehow his desire to classic dance took precedence over all else. It was extremely obnoxious.

As I've never seen any other interaction behave this way, I'm thinking there must be something about the advertising that makes it far too attractive, and while of course I can (and probably will!) switch to the no autonomy version, I was wondering if it would be possible to tweak the autonomous version to make it more reasonable.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 18th Feb 2018 at 5:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
Playing with this mod in my game, I found it quite charming to see a nephew able to classic dance with his aunt!

But there's something strange going on with the autonomy. Yes I want sims to be able to do this interaction autonomously, but after playing with this mod for a little less than 24 sim hours, I'm thinking I might have to switch to the non-autonomous version, because nine times out of ten sims will chose this interaction instead of any other social interaction, and they can be extremely stubborn about it! I was playing as an elderly sim who invited her adult nephew over, and during the time he was there he must have queued up "classic dance" over 100 times. She was trying to teach a toddler to talk, and it didn't matter how many times I canceled the "classic dance" showing up in her queue because the nephew would just put it right back. He would also queue-stomp all other interactions when I was trying to get her to "admire" or "groom" him or give him a friendly hug, because somehow his desire to classic dance took precedence over all else. It was extremely obnoxious.

As I've never seen any other interaction behave this way, I'm thinking there must be something about the advertising that makes it far too attractive, and while of course I can (and probably will!) switch to the no autonomy version, I was wondering if it would be possible to tweak the autonomous version to make it more reasonable.

Yeah, I experienced that too Have you try the newest version ? The one with modified date 2/12/2018 2:26 PM. I have put some workaround to completely disable autonomy for this dance with family interaction, somehow it works with my game.
Basicly, because this is clone from original classic dance, so this autonomy behaviour also happens in original classic dance, but there is restriction in original classic dance that this autonomy only happen if romantic relation is quite high.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 18th Feb 2018 at 9:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by piqiwi
Yeah, I experienced that too Have you try the newest version ? The one with modified date 2/12/2018 2:26 PM. I have put some workaround to completely disable autonomy for this dance with family interaction, somehow it works with my game.
Basicly, because this is clone from original classic dance, so this autonomy behaviour also happens in original classic dance, but there is restriction in original classic dance that this autonomy only happen if romantic relation is quite high.

I did switch to the non-autonomous version, but I was hoping there was some way to fix the autonomous version so it behaves reasonably. I've got quite a few 100/100 3LB married couples in my game, and I've never seen them overuse the regular classic dance; when they're behaving autonomously, I usually see them "squeeze," "suck face," or "serenade" each other...I might have seen classic dance once or twice. But in any case, if the non-autonomous version works, then it'll be fine as I can simply direct sims to classic dance with each other if I want them to do it.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 18th Feb 2018 at 9:31 PM Last edited by piqiwi : 18th Feb 2018 at 10:32 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
I did switch to the non-autonomous version, but I was hoping there was some way to fix the autonomous version so it behaves reasonably. I've got quite a few 100/100 3LB married couples in my game, and I've never seen them overuse the regular classic dance; when they're behaving autonomously, I usually see them "squeeze," "suck face," or "serenade" each other...I might have seen classic dance once or twice. But in any case, if the non-autonomous version works, then it'll be fine as I can simply direct sims to classic dance with each other if I want them to do it.

I'll see what I can do.
(EDIT) I have made the autonomous version so that sims still will do this action autonomously but far less often. You can try it by re-download the original version.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 2nd Mar 2018 at 11:26 PM
This is a really great mod - in particular for someone who, like me, plays period 'hoods. I've been wishing and wanting to have sims who are not romantically involved to be able to do the classic dance for ages!

Thank you so much for making it possible - and keep up the good work!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#16 Old 6th Mar 2018 at 9:17 PM
Thanks for this! I really love your mods!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#17 Old 2nd Oct 2018 at 11:55 AM
Thank you so much, I was just bemoaning the fact the other day that there is no father daughter wedding dance in game, even though if you through a wedding party and invite family, the daughter sometimes gets a to dance with her dad so thank you <3
Test Subject
#18 Old 5th Feb 2019 at 3:25 PM
That would be a sweet mod if the classic dance didn't have a (very romantic) kiss animation, it's kind of weird seeing parents doing that to their kids