Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Multi-Coloured Wrist Wraps / Support Brace!

by Subob Posted 23rd Feb 2018 at 2:02 PM - Updated 23rd Feb 2018 at 2:17 PM by Lyralei : Fixed thumb

10 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 5 Feedback Posts, 4 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#3 Old 23rd Feb 2018 at 7:48 PM
I love this ! any way you can make Feet braces as well? also any way to make them more white on the top and the thumb area? any way to do a pink, Dark Black or a plaster cast looking one?
Field Researcher
#4 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 6:55 AM
Nice concept. Good for athletic sims as well as sims intended to be experiencing arthritis, joint trouble, injuries, or as you mentioned fibromyalgia. I like the idea. They also look like they might pass(depending on the detail level in game) for a regular finger less glove as well, which is nice for flexibility.
Are they for both wrist automatically, or are there options to put them only on one wrist? Someone who wears a wrist support wouldn't necessarily have one on both hands, so options for both wrists as well as left and right only, make the most sense.
Also any chance of a knee sock in the future?
I would also support ragefire's suggestion of a more plaster cast looking one as well if it wouldn't look weird when sims inevitably tried to use the hand...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 3:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Unsearchably
If you're going to "paint" them on, they'd probably look better without the white trims. Also maybe with a partial thumb to make the stretching a little less obvious, though I'm not sure if it's like this IRL or not.

It's pretty much like this IRL, at least in my case.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 3:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by _xKindredxSoulsx_
Nice concept. Good for athletic sims as well as sims intended to be experiencing arthritis, joint trouble, injuries, or as you mentioned fibromyalgia. I like the idea. They also look like they might pass(depending on the detail level in game) for a regular finger less glove as well, which is nice for flexibility.
Are they for both wrist automatically, or are there options to put them only on one wrist? Someone who wears a wrist support wouldn't necessarily have one on both hands, so options for both wrists as well as left and right only, make the most sense.
Also any chance of a knee sock in the future?
I would also support ragefire's suggestion of a more plaster cast looking one as well if it wouldn't look weird when sims inevitably tried to use the hand...

Thank you, I'll definitely do that. Currently, they're only for both hands, but I am working on giving you the option to only have it on one hand!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 3:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ragefire
I love this ! any way you can make Feet braces as well? also any way to make them more white on the top and the thumb area? any way to do a pink, Dark Black or a plaster cast looking one?

Thank you!! I'll definitely do this at some point! I'm glad you like them.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#8 Old 1st Mar 2018 at 2:38 PM
These look like they would also work great as long fingerless gloves!
Test Subject
#9 Old 24th Mar 2018 at 3:03 PM
Thank you for these! I've been looking for something to replicate my irl wrist supports for ages Seconding the request for feet / ankle braces (also should you have the spoons, elbow and knee supports - I am also half person half support braces most days!)
Instructor
THANKS POST
#10 Old 1st Aug 2019 at 10:35 AM
Sweet I was looking for cast, I had them in the sims 3 (or 2)
So thanks lot of people wear (support) braces, mine are just braces ( leg and ankle. They come in different color here, so I doubt you would have my color or pattern but nice job
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 16th Oct 2019 at 2:55 AM
Nice colors, no restrictions, a perfect bit of cc. Thank you so much!