Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Automatic Sunburns V10a (flerb update!)

by flerb Posted 21st Feb 2018 at 10:24 AM - Updated 9th Jan 2023 at 4:34 AM by flerb : update

520 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 404 Feedback Posts, 115 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 21
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 21st Feb 2018 at 10:35 AM
Insta-download! Hilarious skin overlay, 2 states/buffs from the sun and 2 special lotions !! Just wow, this deserves to be featured!
Plus the pics are so funny, you perfectly nailed the beautiful bottom sunburn lines. It's perfect!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 21st Feb 2018 at 11:28 AM
Great idea...thank you very much!
Test Subject
#4 Old 21st Feb 2018 at 12:10 PM
can you please make a variation of this mod where it doesn't have the last stage of sunburn? It looks really good ^^
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#5 Old 21st Feb 2018 at 12:35 PM
yeesh! that looks painful! I'm more glad than ever I don't burn!!!

Do dark-skinned Sims burn as well?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 21st Feb 2018 at 1:02 PM
THANKSS
Instructor
THANKS POST
#7 Old 21st Feb 2018 at 2:18 PM
another must have mod I can nothing but adore your skills
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#8 Old 21st Feb 2018 at 2:37 PM
OMG! I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR this forever thank you so so so much <3!!!
O_o
THANKS POST
#9 Old 21st Feb 2018 at 7:42 PM
I love this idea! I cannot wait to try this in my game! :)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#10 Old 21st Feb 2018 at 8:42 PM
I love this mod and I might have some ideas.
1st idea would be an different mod the exact opposite of this mod make sims that don't leave the house pale maybe also with different stages.
2nd idea I have but I don't know if that's somewhat possible different type of skins so let's say a redhead will have more faster and higher chance to get a sunburn.
3rd idea is maybe more stages of tanning
and my last idea would be spray tan or any other kind of fake tan
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#11 Old 21st Feb 2018 at 9:11 PM
spray tanning machine please
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 21st Feb 2018 at 9:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DreamaDove
yeesh! that looks painful! I'm more glad than ever I don't burn!!!

Do dark-skinned Sims burn as well?

All human sims tan-sunburn the same. I don't know of a way of having the game check a sim's CAS skintone (maybe there is I'm still relatively new at this). Otherwise i'd certainly alter it so darker skinned sims are affected at a slower rate.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 21st Feb 2018 at 9:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by haruhi4
can you please make a variation of this mod where it doesn't have the last stage of sunburn? It looks really good ^^

I plan on making a longer lifespan version that is a bit slower to change. You pretty much have to intentionally subject your sims to UV torture for several days to get to the last levels (there are 6)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 21st Feb 2018 at 9:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Buddy92
I love this mod and I might have some ideas.
1st idea would be an different mod the exact opposite of this mod make sims that don't leave the house pale maybe also with different stages.
2nd idea I have but I don't know if that's somewhat possible different type of skins so let's say a redhead will have more faster and higher chance to get a sunburn.
3rd idea is maybe more stages of tanning
and my last idea would be spray tan or any other kind of fake tan

on my mental to do list is vitamin D deficiency, so an indoor cave dweller type sim may start getting ill / having symptoms. someone else asked about utilizing different skin tones, I have no idea if the game can check that or not. I was happy enough to detect their clothing categories for now lol.

I'm also thinking about tanning beds, towels, chairs to "lay out" on etc. I've never made an object for the SIMS before, but i'm sure it will be a breeze now that I know my way around making tunings. Of course all objects would come with a touch of risk MUAHHAHAHAHA
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#15 Old 21st Feb 2018 at 11:33 PM
Do sims not get tan when they wear sunblock? I had my sim lay out all day 5am-6pm and she never got a tan albeit she did pop inside to eat and use the bathroom but I had her lay out for 4 hour periods while wearing sunblock and no tan at all happened
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 22nd Feb 2018 at 1:28 AM
I don't have the SPs but I do have C&D and couldn't resist getting this mod. It works great and I love that now there are consequences to staying outside too long.
Only problem? NPCs are barbequed chicken
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#17 Old 22nd Feb 2018 at 1:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by emile20
Do sims not get tan when they wear sunblock? I had my sim lay out all day 5am-6pm and she never got a tan albeit she did pop inside to eat and use the bathroom but I had her lay out for 4 hour periods while wearing sunblock and no tan at all happened

the sunblock blocks 90% of the sun. The sunblock stops working after a few hours, you'll see a moodlet while it's applied.
I am going to be making different SPFs of sunblock so there's some choice in how strong/weak you'd like the sunblock to be. Try having your sim lay out with no sunblock, they'll tan in a few hours depending on what time of day and what they're wearing.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#18 Old 22nd Feb 2018 at 1:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Jane466
I don't have the SPs but I do have C&D and couldn't resist getting this mod. It works great and I love that now there are consequences to staying outside too long.
Only problem? NPCs are barbequed chicken

Thanks for the feedback! I'm still play testing different values. NPCs get sunblock applied, but they're always looping around while jogging. The sunblock only lasts 4 hours, I'm currently trying 6 hours to see if that helps. It's like balancing spinning plates!
Test Subject
#19 Old 22nd Feb 2018 at 2:07 AM
I love this mod so much! My only question is would it be possible to have the ability to completely disable the sun effects for certain sims? The tan clashes with some of my sims using custom darker skins and the colours don't mix as well. Otherwise though it's a great mod.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#20 Old 22nd Feb 2018 at 2:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by queensimmy
I love this mod so much! My only question is would it be possible to have the ability to completely disable the sun effects for certain sims? The tan clashes with some of my sims using custom darker skins and the colours don't mix as well. Otherwise though it's a great mod.

I could add an empty trait (sun immunity lol) you could permanently assign to a sim, maybe through the aspiration awards.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 22nd Feb 2018 at 3:09 AM
Awesome mod!

I don’t think it does but asking just in case, does it work with custom skin overlays?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#22 Old 22nd Feb 2018 at 9:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by imJustMexoxo
Awesome mod!

I don’t think it does but asking just in case, does it work with custom skin overlays?

good question, the tans/sunburns are in the 'left mole' slot skin detail for adults. So as long as a custom overlay is using something other than the left mole it should work. (kids and toddlers use the freckles slot)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 23rd Feb 2018 at 3:30 PM Last edited by aynasm : 23rd Feb 2018 at 11:48 PM.
Hi! Your mod made my game. Genious! hahaha. Well i don't know if you're familiar with wild guys female body details, but if you're not, he has this amazing tan lines, that would be awesome if you could match your sunburns. Is that possible? Anyways, LOVE YOUR MOD!
Test Subject
#24 Old 23rd Feb 2018 at 7:24 PM
will this work with the jungle adventure update?
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 23rd Feb 2018 at 9:39 PM
Hi!
We have had a few people come in today and complain about sims being completely deleted and LEs being thrown. We were able to track it down to your mod (I'm so sorry )

With the patch, everything changing appearance/using CAS stuff to change appearance seems a little broken. I am sure you do want to check that LastException message out.
Ignore the other mods showing up, Tmex-AlwaysFullEditMode was removed due to the funtionality being in the MCCC mod, the rest is just having some sort of issue - I asked TURBO about this, he said it is not caused by his mod.

https://pastebin.com/rtYwGi0D
Page 1 of 21