Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Rabbit head fix

by gdayars Posted 28th Feb 2018 at 1:07 AM - Updated 28th Feb 2018 at 2:06 AM by gdayars

21 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 9 Feedback Posts, 11 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Space Pony
THANKS POST
#2 Old 28th Feb 2018 at 1:20 AM
YAY! Thank you very much :) <3
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#3 Old 28th Feb 2018 at 2:51 AM
That is all really cool. It must have been a lot of work. Thanks for this!
Instructor
#4 Old 28th Feb 2018 at 3:47 AM
OMGosh how cool is that..great job girl..

I have never used it before so didn't know there was a problem but may try it at some point when I get back to playing the game lol..
Instructor
#5 Old 28th Feb 2018 at 8:49 AM
My kids will love it!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#6 Old 28th Feb 2018 at 9:00 AM
Very welcome in my game Lovely pics too.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#7 Old 28th Feb 2018 at 11:54 AM
Thank you so much for making my toddlers such awesome toys to play with..
Not actually evil.
#8 Old 28th Feb 2018 at 9:15 PM
Now I can enjoy those lovely recolors!

Is this compatible with pescado's no rabbit spin mod or not?

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#9 Old 28th Feb 2018 at 10:01 PM
let me find out. Probably? this affects a different part of the code.

never mind, went to look at it and put it in my downloads folder, and realized I have it... lol

it affects a totally different bhav, and worked wonderfully with mine when I was doing the testing pictures with it in I just didn't realize it was in that folder. I had tested it in a "clean" folder and then moved it to another for pictures.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 28th Feb 2018 at 10:52 PM
This is awesome! Thanks! Yes, the reverting back made an already creepy looking toy even creepier! I mean, who came up with that face...real babies would have nightmares! Hmm...wouldn't it be cool if sim kids could have nightmares and call their parents out of bed to run to them? (Once again I wish I could do more than just play the game and wish for mods!)
Test Subject
#11 Old 28th Feb 2018 at 10:54 PM
Oh - just thought of this. I have a little duck toy (forget where I got it) that is a copy of the rabbit toy and it also reverts back to the rabbit. Will this be affected as well?
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#12 Old 28th Feb 2018 at 11:00 PM
It might? if you want to send it to me somehow, or link to it I can look at it and see, or if it doesn't I can fix it
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 1st Mar 2018 at 12:35 AM
Thank you, gdayars! I will have a look for it!
Theorist
THANKS POST
#14 Old 1st Mar 2018 at 10:38 AM
:lovestruc Thank you, this is something I have wanted since I first started recolouring. I have been told by so many creators that it was not possible and I had given up on ever seeing it fixed.
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#15 Old 1st Mar 2018 at 12:40 PM
Well it is odd. The reason there were two colors was because the rabbit head you buy is actually hidden and the game summons a totally different one into their hands. Then it removes that one and unhides the original. So you had to make it pass it's color to the one in the hand.
Alchemist
THANKS POST
#16 Old 1st Mar 2018 at 1:18 PM
Well, congratulations! I love that there are still new discoveries and innovations being made. I will have an orange bunny in your honor!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#17 Old 2nd Mar 2018 at 6:48 AM
Thanks so much for this! So many years of going "Does it even matter if it matches since it just goes pink anyway?!" Haha, I totally am happy to see this fix happen. You worked some magic!
Test Subject
#18 Old 6th Mar 2018 at 10:59 PM Last edited by lach61 : 7th Mar 2018 at 2:45 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by gdayars
It might? if you want to send it to me somehow, or link to it I can look at it and see, or if it doesn't I can fix it

The "ducky language toy" was made by Tolli at simgedoehns.de, which no longer exists. I tried going to the Graveyard, but couldn't connect. I got it via an ancient lot here at MTS: Kingdom of Toys by Loverat (http://modthesims.info/d/164444).

I'll keep trying Graveyard, see if it returns. I guess it's down? And next time I play with a toddler, I will see what happens with it.

Thanks!
Instructor
#19 Old 27th Mar 2018 at 3:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lach61
The "ducky language toy" was made by Tolli at simgedoehns.de, which no longer exists. I tried going to the Graveyard, but couldn't connect. I got it via an ancient lot here at MTS: Kingdom of Toys by Loverat (http://modthesims.info/d/164444).

I'll keep trying Graveyard, see if it returns. I guess it's down? And next time I play with a toddler, I will see what happens with it.

Thanks!

I tested it out, and any custom charisma toy (including the ducky you have, since I have it as well) changes shape into the rabbit toy, but it keeps the colours of the original toy. It looks a bit disturbing, but better than the same pink rabbit. From what I've read of this mod, it might be impossible to make a global fix; I think the only solution would be to apply this fix manually to every custom charisma toy. Perhaps Goldenbtrfly could post a tutorial?

Either way, thanks for the great work Goldenbtrfly. I always thought it was impossible to fix the rabbit at all.
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#20 Old 28th Mar 2018 at 3:08 PM
Scholar
THANKS POST
#21 Old 3rd Apr 2018 at 6:24 PM
I never thought I'd see a mod that could fix this annoying problem! Now to get Recolours! thank you
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#22 Old 19th Jul 2018 at 5:12 AM
I deleted all my re-colours, I was so irked by the colour reversions. Now, my toddlers can have a toy colour that reflects their true selves!