Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Static UI Poses

by Nopke Posted 21st Mar 2018 at 9:05 AM - Updated 8th Dec 2023 at 8:08 AM by Nopke

14 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 8 Feedback Posts, 5 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Instructor
THANKS POST
#2 Old 21st Mar 2018 at 9:55 AM
This is even better than Hexagonal Bipyramid's static poses (which I've been using for a few years now). I love that you included a version for pets too - I hate those goofy poses. Also, dead @ zombie!Nervous. xD
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#3 Old 21st Mar 2018 at 12:24 PM
This is great, thank you.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 21st Mar 2018 at 10:01 PM
There is a small bug. Sometimes both of the Sim icons disappear. It seems that you might've forgotten to replace one of the UI Animations maybe?
Test Subject
#5 Old 21st Mar 2018 at 10:59 PM
I'm feeling like an idiot right now, but I cannot figure out what this is. What portraits are these? Sorry...I might look at this on a less stressful day and make sense of it, but not today...
Space Pony
Original Poster
#6 Old 22nd Mar 2018 at 7:55 AM
@jengelbart Could you describe that situation more precisely? Age, gender, occult state of the affected sim at least. I haven't ever observed such situation. If I forgot to replace an UI animation, sims sometimes would get one of the default poses in their portraits.
@lach61 It's about this:
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 22nd Mar 2018 at 10:01 AM

@Nopke
Sim was about to shower, when he changed in the naked clothing both of his Icons disappeared. After he got out of the shower the icons fixed themselves.
The second time he showered everything was normal but the third time it happened again. I took out all of the Hacks/CC's except for this mod and even repaired Ts2 through Origin and made a new TS2 Folder with this mod included.
It seems it's this mod which causes that :/ Even tested with a new test family but same results with no CC/hacks except this mod and a new TS2 Folder.

Edit: Should've mentioned: YA on college.
Playing Ultimate Collection
Space Pony
Original Poster
#8 Old 22nd Mar 2018 at 10:55 AM Last edited by Nopke : 22nd Mar 2018 at 5:06 PM.
@jengelbart I'm very surprised because I've played with the older version for at least one year and I haven't ever observed such behavior… I haven't changed the poses of teens, young adults, adults or elders in the new version. Try to delete Groups.cache and Accessory.cache from Documents\EA Games\The Simsâ„¢ 2 Ultimate Collection. Those files sometimes get corrupted and cause strange game behavior even if you take out whole CC and mods.
Edit: Have you tried to run the game without my packages and to check if the problem still occurs? Could you tell me what is your graphics card? I'm really confused.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 22nd Mar 2018 at 7:17 PM
@Nopke: Yeah, I tried that and it's all normal without your mod :/. I'm playing with Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB.
Test Subject
#10 Old 23rd Mar 2018 at 6:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nopke
@jengelbart Could you describe that situation more precisely? Age, gender, occult state of the affected sim at least. I haven't ever observed such situation. If I forgot to replace an UI animation, sims sometimes would get one of the default poses in their portraits.
@lach61 It's about this:

Ah, yes, of course! Thanks much, Nopke!
Space Pony
Original Poster
#11 Old 23rd Mar 2018 at 7:44 AM
@jengelbart Have you tried to redownload the zip file and unpack it using another file archiver? Sometimes files get corrupted while downloading or unpacking. Once I had a problem with WinRAR that was corrupting contents of an archive. When I used 7-zip, the problem disappeared.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#12 Old 24th Mar 2018 at 1:25 PM
@Nopke: Yep I did that I'm always using either 7zip or Windows for extracting zip Files.
Space Pony
Original Poster
#13 Old 24th Mar 2018 at 5:07 PM Last edited by Nopke : 4th May 2020 at 6:15 PM.
@jengelbart And it hasn't worked? So I'll be waiting for another report of that bug… I can't figure out why it occurred.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#14 Old 3rd Apr 2018 at 2:49 AM
Thanks, man! Now I don't have to deal with my sims being ugly with different angles.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 13th Nov 2018 at 11:56 AM
I've tried other UI poses, but I think I'm definitely gonna stick with this one. Thank you, again, for sharing! <3