Replies: 5 (Who?), Viewed: 1692 times.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th May 2018 at 7:16 AM
Default Program to swap meshes?
Is there a program beside milkshape (I can't afford it) that I can use to swap meshes around so I can say clone a regular bookshelf and then switch its mesh with one that is currently decorative?
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 30th May 2018 at 3:54 PM
if you can wrap your head around it, Blender is free and has good support for sims 3 with plugins.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th May 2018 at 9:38 PM Last edited by t888 : 31st May 2018 at 3:09 AM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost sdoj
if you can wrap your head around it, Blender is free and has good support for sims 3 with plugins.


Does anyone know what version of Blender I need and where to find the plugins?
Forum Resident
#4 Old 31st May 2018 at 4:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by t888
Does anyone know what version of Blender I need and where to find the plugins?


I'm using blender 2.67 but that's just because I'm not 100% sure if other versions support sims 3 plugins.
There's a few plugins here, including something about swapping meshes http://modthesims.info/d/433882

- When one gets inspired by the other, the one inspires another - Anything is Possible

Join my Discord server if you want ---> https://discord.gg/tvrTafF
Watch speed animating videos or rendered short movies of sims ---> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK...w_as=subscriber
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 22nd Sep 2020 at 7:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSweetToddler
I'm using blender 2.67 but that's just because I'm not 100% sure if other versions support sims 3 plugins.
There's a few plugins here, including something about swapping meshes http://modthesims.info/d/433882

Does that 2.7 plugin work on blender 2.67? And isn't there some issue about bones not importing or was it exporting and so it being static or something when you get it in game? I mean, not really important for things like tables but just want to know if I heard that right when it comes to things like clothes?
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 23rd Sep 2020 at 8:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by t888
Does that 2.7 plugin work on blender 2.67? And isn't there some issue about bones not importing or was it exporting and so it being static or something when you get it in game? I mean, not really important for things like tables but just want to know if I heard that right when it comes to things like clothes?

2.7 was a new major version release after 2.6x, so plugins for 2.7 will not generally work on 2.6 or the other way around, same for 2.8 and 2.9. For things like clothes you can use blender 2.8x with my plugin .

*edit*
I just saw the linked plugin supports 2.63-2.7+, so it would most likely work with a 2.7x version, not sure if it will work on the later 2.7 versions like 2.79 though.
Back to top