Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Functional Picnic Basket

by fire2icewitch Posted 9th Aug 2018 at 8:41 PM - Updated 10th Aug 2018 at 9:46 PM by fire2icewitch

26 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 8 Feedback Posts, 17 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
#2 Old 9th Aug 2018 at 9:25 PM
Thanks!! Been wanting a picnic basket that we could actually use for a long time
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#3 Old 9th Aug 2018 at 9:38 PM
very nice! thanks!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#4 Old 9th Aug 2018 at 9:50 PM
What a cool idea! Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 9th Aug 2018 at 11:53 PM
Thank you SO much!!! I <3 this!!! With as many outdoor themed packs as we have for this game, you'd think EA would have given us a functional picnic basket by NOW!!! As always, it's up to us creators/modders to fill in the gaps!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 10th Aug 2018 at 12:04 AM
I really liked this. Tks :-)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#7 Old 10th Aug 2018 at 12:10 AM
Thank you very much! Can't wait to use this as a first time former vanilla player <3
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#8 Old 10th Aug 2018 at 3:04 AM
Awesome mod! Thanks for sharing it!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#9 Old 10th Aug 2018 at 3:16 AM
This is so cool!!!!!

Which means EA will probably release it now that someone else has figured it out -_-
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#10 Old 10th Aug 2018 at 9:54 AM
Thanks. A super mod
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 10th Aug 2018 at 10:01 AM Last edited by 8265jww : 10th Aug 2018 at 7:40 PM.
This sounds like a great idea but I can't get it to work. I placed a basket onto a counter, then I placed the food next to it. However, there's no way of getting the food in the basket. I tried dragging it, which doesn't work and there's no other option. Tried move objects on and that doesnt work either.

Has anyone gotten this to work? If so, how please.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#12 Old 10th Aug 2018 at 7:37 PM
thanks
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 10th Aug 2018 at 9:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 8265jww
This sounds like a great idea but I can't get it to work. I placed a basket onto a counter, then I placed the food next to it. However, there's no way of getting the food in the basket. I tried dragging it, which doesn't work and there's no other option. Tried move objects on and that doesnt work either.

Has anyone gotten this to work? If so, how please.

Did you open the basket? Click the basket and choose open. If so did the window turn yellow when you move the object over it, like when you place an item into the sim's inventory? What type of food did you try to place? I tried with multiple types of food, but not all of them. I even went back into the game and tried all the swatches and they seem fine. It could also be a mod conflict. If it's not too much trouble, try the item without any other mods. If it is a mod conflict. I can change a few things so it can work with other storage custom content. Thanks for letting me know. Julia
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#14 Old 10th Aug 2018 at 9:56 PM
YEAH!!! Thanks, this is great :-)
MTS2 Hot Pepper
THANKS POST
#15 Old 11th Aug 2018 at 5:39 AM
Gonna try it.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 11th Aug 2018 at 6:07 AM Last edited by 8265jww : 11th Aug 2018 at 4:51 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by fire2icewitch
Did you open the basket? Click the basket and choose open. If so did the window turn yellow when you move the object over it, like when you place an item into the sim's inventory? What type of food did you try to place? I tried with multiple types of food, but not all of them. I even went back into the game and tried all the swatches and they seem fine. It could also be a mod conflict. If it's not too much trouble, try the item without any other mods. If it is a mod conflict. I can change a few things so it can work with other storage custom content. Thanks for letting me know. Julia

Yes, I can open the basket. It remains empty though. The window doesn’t turn yellow. I don’t have any storage mods but I have the custom food mod from here. I’ll try the basket without that mod. Thanks.

OK. I figured out how to do it. Place the basket on a counter. Place the food next to the basket. Open the basket and the contents appear in the sims inventory in a seperate section for the basket. Drag the food from the counter into the baskets inventory section. Not the basket itself but the baskets inventory. That's why I coudn't do it as I simply didn't understand the instructions. My only excuse for this apparent stupidity is English isn't my first language. Anyhow, it works and my Sim Wilhelm has gone off to the Jungle to explore, carrying a basket of cakes.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 11th Aug 2018 at 3:55 PM
This is soooo awesome. I swear the modders/creators really bring something special to this game. Much appreciation to you.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 11th Aug 2018 at 5:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 8265jww
Yes, I can open the basket. It remains empty though. The window doesn’t turn yellow. I don’t have any storage mods but I have the custom food mod from here. I’ll try the basket without that mod. Thanks.

OK. I figured out how to do it. Place the basket on a counter. Place the food next to the basket. Open the basket and the contents appear in the sims inventory in a seperate section for the basket. Drag the food from the counter into the baskets inventory section. Not the basket itself but the baskets inventory. That's why I coudn't do it as I simply didn't understand the instructions. My only excuse for this apparent stupidity is English isn't my first language. Anyhow, it works and my Sim Wilhelm has gone off to the Jungle to explore, carrying a basket of cakes.

I'm so glad that it worked for you!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#19 Old 13th Aug 2018 at 5:04 AM
Something I have been wanting. Thank you.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 13th Aug 2018 at 10:59 PM
I found your mod through Iron Seagull's YouTube review. This should make outings and picnics more fun (since they can actually have a picnic now). Thank you!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 13th Aug 2018 at 11:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by NicerHomesnLots
I found your mod through Iron Seagull's YouTube review. This should make outings and picnics more fun (since they can actually have a picnic now). Thank you!

Thank You, Thank You, I love Seagull's YouTube Page, I'm a subscriber, I'll have to check it out
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#22 Old 19th Aug 2018 at 11:44 PM
Cool idea! A great option to the brown lunch bag too! Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 18th Nov 2018 at 7:06 PM
is it still working?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 6th Feb 2019 at 11:13 PM
Thanks for this basket! I love it.

Also, thank you for the links to images you used. I think I might use some for other cc I'm considering making.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#25 Old 16th Jun 2020 at 5:38 PM
This is so cool! I hope it works still.
Page 1 of 2