Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Children can care for their lil' siblings

by TheSweetSimmer Posted 19th Aug 2018 at 1:20 PM - Updated 7th Jul 2022 at 4:15 PM by TheSweetSimmer

122 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 68 Feedback Posts, 53 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 5
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 19th Aug 2018 at 2:04 PM
Awesome! I've been waiting for something like this for so long! Thank you!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#3 Old 19th Aug 2018 at 2:15 PM
This is absolutely necessary... I took care of my little sister as well..
Test Subject
#4 Old 19th Aug 2018 at 3:54 PM
Hi there! I manage my CC using CCMagic, and for whatever reason this mod doesn't show up when I put it in the EA Downloads folder to be processed, nor is it in the actual CCM folder with my other mods. I don't know how familiar you are with CCMagic, but I figured I'd let you know in case other users have this problem/if it's a matter of needing to tweak the script in some way.
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
Original Poster
#5 Old 19th Aug 2018 at 3:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tinyastrogeist
Hi there! I manage my CC using CCMagic, and for whatever reason this mod doesn't show up when I put it in the EA Downloads folder to be processed, nor is it in the actual CCM folder with my other mods. I don't know how familiar you are with CCMagic, but I figured I'd let you know in case other users have this problem/if it's a matter of needing to tweak the script in some way.

Hmm, I don't use CCMagic, I don't know the cause of this
I'll look into the file and talk with Skydome.

- When one gets inspired by the other, the one inspires another - Anything is Possible.

You can view some of my WIPs and other stuff for TS3 on my Twitter here ---> https://twitter.com/SweetSavanita
Instructor
THANKS POST
#6 Old 19th Aug 2018 at 4:07 PM
Thank you so much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 19th Aug 2018 at 4:21 PM
I have been wanting a mod like this for so long!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES I CANT WAIT TO PLAY WITH THIS!!!! IM SO HAPPY!!! THANK- YOU SO MUCH!!! )
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 19th Aug 2018 at 5:03 PM
It's about time that kids pitch in to care for their little siblings. It'll help them build relationships, too. I think it's dumb when toddlers age up and they're still strangers to their child-age siblings. THANK YOU!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#9 Old 19th Aug 2018 at 6:44 PM
Wonderful! Thank you!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#10 Old 19th Aug 2018 at 9:31 PM
Thousand thank you's from me! I hope you'll continue to surprise many more times in the future.Our TS3 community grew silent in the past months,therefore anything new and especially as inovative as this mod is greatly appreciated.xx
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#11 Old 19th Aug 2018 at 9:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by blyneliaivel
Thousand thank you's from me! I hope you'll continue to surprise many more times in the future.Our TS3 community grew silent in the past months,therefore anything new and especially as inovative as this mod is greatly appreciated.xx

Thank you! I'm actually working on another mod now, hopefully it works

- When one gets inspired by the other, the one inspires another - Anything is Possible.

You can view some of my WIPs and other stuff for TS3 on my Twitter here ---> https://twitter.com/SweetSavanita
Instructor
THANKS POST
#12 Old 20th Aug 2018 at 1:33 AM
This is incredible! I was always so disappointed with the fact that child Sims can hardly even acknowledge the fact that they have a younger sibling. This fixes all that; great, great work!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#13 Old 20th Aug 2018 at 5:23 AM
Thank you so much!This is amazing work!
Congratulations on all of you!!
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 20th Aug 2018 at 7:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TheSweetToddler
Hmm, I don't use CCMagic, I don't know the cause of this
I'll look into the file and talk with Skydome.

I use CC magic, but I'm not a modder or creator. For me, this is the sort of item I put straight into my mods folder, therefore it doesn't get processed with cc magic at all. You'll find the file within cc magic in "legacy" if you do it that way. Legacy is actually just your mods file and cc magic does not do anything with anything in legacy (mods). One reason I do it this way is that it just sounds like something that I would not want processed with cc magic. In my case, anything by NRAAS, Arsil, Douglasviega,shimrod,twoftmama,icaruallsorts, CMAR,buhudian,velocitygrass,nona, any sliders and any skins, especially default ones by creators like navetsea all go into my legacy (mods) folder. Those all are things I wouldn't risk letting cc magic do its thing with. Secondly, putting things like this in your mods folder as a matter of habit, makes it easier to find a file if it does cause problems with your game. Thirdly, it may actually need to go in your overrides folder to work and that by default is ....mods/overrides. I rarely have problems with my game because I do it this way. Maybe some of those things I put into mods could actually get processed with cc magic, but all I can say is my game works well by keeping any "special" files like that in the mods folder. If you cannot find the file you are looking for in cc magic or in the sims 3 folder, you can always do a windows search in your the sims three folder for the file and when you find it just cut and paste it into mods or wherever you want it and then run cc magic and just delete the "missing file" and run rebuild. Hope that helps.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 20th Aug 2018 at 10:24 AM
Great and absolute necessary mod , Wonderfulll job :D
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#16 Old 20th Aug 2018 at 1:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Thnkr0917
I use CC magic, but I'm not a modder or creator. For me, this is the sort of item I put straight into my mods folder, therefore it doesn't get processed with cc magic at all. You'll find the file within cc magic in "legacy" if you do it that way. Legacy is actually just your mods file and cc magic does not do anything with anything in legacy (mods). One reason I do it this way is that it just sounds like something that I would not want processed with cc magic. In my case, anything by NRAAS, Arsil, Douglasviega,shimrod,twoftmama,icaruallsorts, CMAR,buhudian,velocitygrass,nona, any sliders and any skins, especially default ones by creators like navetsea all go into my legacy (mods) folder. Those all are things I wouldn't risk letting cc magic do its thing with. Secondly, putting things like this in your mods folder as a matter of habit, makes it easier to find a file if it does cause problems with your game. Thirdly, it may actually need to go in your overrides folder to work and that by default is ....mods/overrides. I rarely have problems with my game because I do it this way. Maybe some of those things I put into mods could actually get processed with cc magic, but all I can say is my game works well by keeping any "special" files like that in the mods folder. If you cannot find the file you are looking for in cc magic or in the sims 3 folder, you can always do a windows search in your the sims three folder for the file and when you find it just cut and paste it into mods or wherever you want it and then run cc magic and just delete the "missing file" and run rebuild. Hope that helps.

Ah, thank you, I don't even have an overrides folder yet, so I put this mod in my packages folder and it worked. Thank you for the help though

Test Subject
#17 Old 20th Aug 2018 at 1:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Thnkr0917

I've never had problems letting CCMagic process all my mods honestly (especially since everything gets preserved in the CCMagic > Content folder, albeit alphabetically rather than by CC Magic sets, which I admit isn't the most convenient way to locate them). You make some good points though, particularly given that I had forgotten about the existence of the Overrides folder entirely and might relocate some files there. In any case, it's showing up in CC Magic now so I guess it was just being finicky. [shrug]
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#18 Old 20th Aug 2018 at 2:50 PM
OMG This is awesome! Now I feel like my kid can be like Debbie off of "Shameless"! Thanks so much!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#19 Old 20th Aug 2018 at 4:11 PM
Absolutely wonderful. Another must have mod which offers up more interesting game play. Thanks a million for creating this.
Test Subject
#20 Old 20th Aug 2018 at 4:49 PM
When I try to open download it, it says the file is damaged...
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#21 Old 20th Aug 2018 at 4:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DesiMahadev

You are using WinRAR right? I'm not sure why that's happening, try downloading it again and see if it works.

Scholar
#22 Old 20th Aug 2018 at 5:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DesiMahadev

Hey, it isn't damaged, you just use older version of winrar...and file is packed with newer probably. That is common issue with it.Update your WinRAR and everything will be okay

Btw, this mod is so cool. Thank you @TheSweetToddler
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#23 Old 20th Aug 2018 at 5:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nemiga
Hey, it isn't damaged, you just use older version of winrar...and file is packed with newer probably. That is common issue with it.Update your WinRAR and everything will be okay

Btw, this mod is so cool. Thank you @TheSweetToddler

Ah thanks, that's probably the issue.

Scholar
THANKS POST
#24 Old 20th Aug 2018 at 7:07 PM
It's here YAY!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#25 Old 21st Aug 2018 at 12:25 AM
When I get my new computer, I’ll try it out! And keep it forever! <3
Page 1 of 5