Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#51 Old 10th Feb 2019 at 9:03 PM
Willa Burb - I would probably go for B, since being a Romance Sim she probably isn't very responsible and doesn't much care about tradition.

Viviane - A. She must be burning with hatred for Alexander, and even more so for her mother, so I think she would do everything in her power to punish those two and reclaim her rightful place in the manor; then she would use the wealth and protection of the Goth name as she learns to master Death. She might become Lance's all-controlling guardian (and thus contribute to his madness, too), but I think that would be incidental to her plans. I'm not sure what happens to Arthur in this scenario, but if he tried to put her out of the house again, she'd certainly kill him, too.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#52 Old 17th Feb 2019 at 5:08 PM Last edited by Coriel_Muroz : 17th Mar 2019 at 9:46 PM.
Default Continuation of the life of Dustin Broke - VOTE on PART 10 - now closed
When we last left Dustin, he was trying to make the $25 000 he owes his boss so that he didn't end up cut out of the crime family (possibly literally). His plan was to seduce wealthy Dina Goth and either receive gifts from her or blackmail her to get the money he needed.

Now, if you haven't noticed, in my game NOTHING seems to work out in Dustin's favour. Naturally, he was engaged in illegal activities (the counterfeiting machine) and he got caught. The police showed up, and now he's going to jail. Good job Dustin.

I decided to be kind - since Dina would not want her relationship to a convict to get out, she's given him the $25 000. So his boss is going to cut him loose. Since he's such a liability, although has proven his loyalty, she has just demanded that he has nothing further to do with her or with crime in Pleasantview (once he gives her the $25 000 of course).

So Dustin is finally FREE! Free to go to jail and then to start his new life.
The trouble is, with no money to his name and no job waiting for him on the other side, how is he going to live his life once he's out of jail.

You get to decide:
A - He could ask his siblings for help. When Brandi died, she left Beau and Skipper money, but nothing for Dustin (they were not close). He could convince Skipper she doesn't need all that money for university or to start her life after, and Beau doesn't need all of it to raise their youngest sister Lori, who was abandoned by her father after Brandi's death (Joe Carr reacted very poorly to his wife's death). Just enough for an apartment, plus Beau is very connected to the nightlife scene and could get him a job as a bartender.
or
B - Dirk and Lilith have always been his closest friends. He and Lilith were particularly close that time they had an affair...which they ended amicably and Dirk does not know about. Sure, he's gotten the impression lately that Lilith is not really happy, but having their best friend around could actually help! Unless she leaves Dirk by the time Dustin is released, but then either of them could definitely use a friend and a roommate. He could room with them and take a job in a mail room or something basic like that.
or
C - Lindsay. In college, Lindsay was the girl he met when he was still in a fog getting over Angela. She's funny and easy to be around. Her teen kid's not too bad either. There's something about her that Dustin feels he can really connect with (like the fact that he's her father - but he doesn't know that). She's always been a dream of his - like, if everything went right in his life, he'd be with Lindsay. He could show up at her door, propose, and spend his days gardening for their little family...that is if she can ignore his criminal past and jail time.

So who should Dustin go to when he gets out of prison to start his new life?
Scholar
#53 Old 18th Feb 2019 at 6:15 AM
I'd say B, Lilith. I don't think Dustin treated Lindsay too well the first time around, and if she's any sense she'll send him on his way, father of her child or not. And I really hope he has enough honour, or pride, or something, that will keep him from begging his younger siblings for money. But if he parted on good terms with Lilith, then she might still be willing to help him . . . and that might lead to more drama, or it might finally be Dustin's lucky break.
Mad Poster
#54 Old 18th Feb 2019 at 6:31 AM
C. Sounds like he has a chance to turn over a new leaf and do the right thing.
Field Researcher
#55 Old 18th Feb 2019 at 3:52 PM
C...*insert "it's just not realistic" gif*

B, I think.
Lab Assistant
#56 Old 5th Mar 2019 at 11:44 AM
I'd say B seems like Lilith would probably be the most understanding of his situation.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#57 Old 17th Mar 2019 at 9:45 PM Last edited by Coriel_Muroz : 17th Jul 2019 at 12:47 AM.
Default Part 11 - Time for Ian Burb to settle down? (also conclusions of Parts 8, 9 & 10)
I am really enjoying getting everyone's votes on what should happen in my game. Sometimes it confirms what I was thinking, other times it completely changes my plans, and still other times it really helps me make a choice that I just was not sure about on my own.

Let's start with the conclusions:
Part 8 - Willa Burb has gone off to university. She followed her mother, Jennifer, and her sister, Lucy, 's footsteps and took over Tri-Var house. Annya Annya Nagard is still a hipper house at the moment, but with the founder having graduated, there is an opening for Willa. We'll see if she succeeds.

Part 9 - Not too many people voted on whether Viviane Goth should do whatever it takes to make the Goth Estate her home or whether she should write off her family. It ended up being a tie. Which means I get to do whatever I want with Viviane - who we know is insane like her father. You will see where this goes soon (I don't want to reveal too much), but she did get her mother, Dina, drunk while they were on vacation and is now aware that Arthur is not actually her biological brother even though he is heir to Alexander Goth. *Cue the ominous music*

Part 10 - Dirk and Lilith to the rescue. Yes, Dustin is a schmuck. No, he couldn't even manage a simple career as a criminal and ended up in jail and is lucky he didn't end up dead. Now he's living with his best friends, Dirk and Lilith, who are helping him get back on his feet so that perhaps the love of his life, Lindsay, will allow him into her life, and the life of Tamara, their daughter.

Now time for the NEW VOTE - PART 11

Ian Burb is quite the catch. Despite his bookish nature - he's a knowledge sim who studied philosophy and loves Nature - he was a bit of a player in his dorm with at least two co-eds falling in love with him. Now, he's back in Pleasantview, poised to inherit his parents house (Jennifer and John Burb). He would say his parents live with him, although they would say he moved back home with them. It's a big house with plenty of room for a multi-generational family, plus two dogs.

There are two playable sims for whom Ian has double lightning bolts, but I can't decide which he should form a lasting bond with. So you get to pick.

A - Corrie Dreamer. Daughter of Cassandra and Darren Dreamer, Corrie is also a knowledge sim. She works in intelligence. She loves cooking and exploring nature, and she's sweet, active and playful. She currently lives with her twin sister, Danna, who just got married and is waiting for her first child. Corrie has had a few flirtations, but no one that has truly stole her heart. She and Ian have a lot in common - will their similarities make them the perfect couple?
or
B - Morganna Goth. Daughter of Mortimer and Dina Goth, Morganna is a pleasure seeker. She's studying art, she's into fashion and spends her spare time sewing and decorating her campus house. She's a bit sloppy, but that's what happens when you get used to having someone clean up after you. She and Ian have gone on a date or two, but she's also seeing a few others. Still, Ian's the kind of guy, from the kind of family, that a Goth would plan to build a life with. He could give her the life she is accustomed to, and their differences would allow them to experience all the more. Is she the right one for him?

Who will Ian pursue with the intention of making her his wife? The decision isn't his - it's yours!

Vote now closed
Scholar
#58 Old 20th Mar 2019 at 4:08 PM
That's a tough one! The aunt or the niece . . .

I think maybe Corrie, if she's already graduated and Morganna is still on campus, because he'd probably see her around more. Also, as Cassandra's daughter, she's one step removed from the Madness of Mortimer - if that's already known and has caused a scandal, Ian might be concerned about that. Or, of course, he might feel sorry for poor Morganna, caught up in all that when she's such a nice person, and want to "rescue" her.

Maybe he should get a pet, invite them both over, and see which one the pet likes better?
Field Researcher
#59 Old 21st Jun 2019 at 6:36 PM
Letter B where's the rest I wanna know what happens next!
Mad Poster
#60 Old 21st Jun 2019 at 7:04 PM
I think Morganna.

A knowledge sim needs a pleasure, romance or social sim around him or he will sit reading all day and spend the rest of his time staring through the telescope. At least he will have some fun with his fun wife
Mad Poster
#61 Old 22nd Jun 2019 at 7:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BlueAlien
That's a tough one! The aunt or the niece . . .

I think maybe Corrie, if she's already graduated and Morganna is still on campus, because he'd probably see her around more. Also, as Cassandra's daughter, she's one step removed from the Madness of Mortimer - if that's already known and has caused a scandal, Ian might be concerned about that. Or, of course, he might feel sorry for poor Morganna, caught up in all that when she's such a nice person, and want to "rescue" her.

Maybe he should get a pet, invite them both over, and see which one the pet likes better?

Yes! The dog always knows. XD He or she will be able to sniff out if any of the madness remains. XD

Otherwise, I would go for A. They have a common hobby in Nature and Corrie sounds genuine. Morganna sounds more like she's interested in his status rather than him and she's two timing him.
Instructor
#62 Old 22nd Jun 2019 at 8:32 AM
I pick A she sounds like a winner to me
Top Secret Researcher
#63 Old 24th Jun 2019 at 12:08 AM
There's a thread for this sort of thing: http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=583357
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#64 Old 24th Jun 2019 at 10:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by yavannatw
There's a thread for this sort of thing: http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=583357

Hi everyone!

Sorry I've been behind on the next part of the story as to what is happening in my Pleasantview. I fell down the stairs a few months back and very badly sprained my ankle - you would think that might give me more time to play the Sims, but it actually takes so much more time to do any tasks. I am excited to eventually start playing again and to continue the story.

I disagree though with Yavannatw because this thread is actually very different from story dilemma advice. I am not asking for advice - I am asking for you to vote and decide. It's the democratic process at work, and I promise that I will enact which ever idea gets the majority vote when I come to that part of the story.

Thank you for those who have voted so far; I look forward to playing again soon
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#65 Old 26th Jun 2019 at 12:35 AM Last edited by Coriel_Muroz : 28th Jul 2019 at 2:53 PM.
Default Part 12 - Lilith Pleasant and Dirk Dreamer, a relationship in danger - now closed
NEW VOTE - Part 12

Lilith and Dirk had finally, finally hit their stride as a couple. They had successfully made the money that Dirk felt necessary to be the foundation of building their lives so they wouldn't end up always struggling like his father. They were doing things together as a couple that made them happy - both are super into science!
What could possibly go wrong?

Matthew Picaso. That's what. He and Lilith had always been close, but suddenly the mild flirtation that made sense when she and Dirk were in a rut suddenly turned into an affair. Poor Jessica doesn't know - she would be devastated that her husband and father to her 4 sons was cheating on her with one of her best friends!
Dirk, on the other hand, found out! He is furious. He can't believe Lilith would betray him this way.

Trust shattered, plans for the future in disarray, a happy couple is suddenly miserable - and there are many other lives to consider who will be affected too. What chaos shall follow?

A - Dirk's anger and hurt at the betrayal pushes him to make everyone else miserable too. He tells Jessica of Matthew's betrayal, convincing her that he should not be allowed near his sons, and leaving all the Picasos in financial difficulty. He then claims that he wants to reconcile with Lilith, only to betray her again and again until her heart breaks beyond repair. Finally he himself finds almost no joy in the world and cannot make the effort to maintain any friendships or relationships.
or
B - Dirk is in shock. Lilith and Matthew? If that is what she wants, he willingly steps out of the way. He moves back into the Dreamers home where his younger siblings - Bella, Ilana and Derek, all still teens, are living alone since their mother Cassandra died. And when Matty Picaso comes to call on his sister whom he claims to love - Dirk slams the door in his face, refusing to allow the relationship.
or
C - In shame, Lilith runs away to her adopted younger sister, Elysse. A party household, with Elysse planning her wedding to Beau Broke, is not exactly what Lilith needs to figure out what she truly wants from life. In her misery, she continues to live a reckless lifestyle. In fact, running with scissors becomes a thrilling rush for her...until, that is, it is not.
or
D - Dustin Broke cannot believe that his two best friends have come to this point. Sure, Lilith cheated. Dustin knew she was a cheater - after all, they had previously had an affair behind Dirk's back. Not that he's going to tell Dirk that. But Lilith and Derek are supposed to be together. They are supposed to be happy. Really, all they need is to be locked in a room together until they sort things out. And since he lives with them, he's got every opportunity to force their hands.

[B]So, what will happen to Dirk and Lilith? It's up to you to decide
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#66 Old 26th Jun 2019 at 3:33 AM
D (I always pick the happier ones lol.)
Instructor
#67 Old 26th Jun 2019 at 5:26 AM
i like D the best too
Lab Assistant
#68 Old 26th Jun 2019 at 8:53 AM
I'm going for D as well.
Field Researcher
#69 Old 30th Jun 2019 at 1:21 AM
D, cuz is cuter
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#70 Old 17th Jul 2019 at 12:43 AM Last edited by Coriel_Muroz : 6th Sep 2020 at 9:54 PM.
Default Part 13 - What's next for Corrie Dreamer? (also conclusions of Part 11)
We had a vote about who Ian Burb should decide to marry - nature-loving Corrie Dreamer or socialite Morganna Goth.
The vote resulted in a tie! Luckily, there was a suggestion of letting Ian's dogs decide who they would like better.

Ian invited both Corrie and Morganna over for a party, both did interact with the dogs and it was extremely close, but Morganna was ahead by 4 short-term points (they were tied on long-term). So once Morganna finishes university, Ian plans on proposing.

Which leads us to the NEW VOTE - PART 13

Corrie Dreamer, meanwhile, has found herself drifting directionless. She's not enjoying her job, often wanting to stay home instead of work. Her sister Danna is happily married to Makoto, who does all the cooking which means Danna is less likely to set anyone on fire (If you recall the fire that wiped out half of the Tri-Var sorority, that was Danna's fault although she survived). Living with Danna, Makoto, and her baby niece Correen isn't exactly fulfilling anymore.

Corrie needs a change, and she's going to start with a vacation to set her on a new path - but where should she go, and what should that path be?

Is it:
A - An Island Vacation and future. Corrie needs to make new friends and build connections. Sure, she'll spend time in Pleasantview, but it will mostly be to visit family and make a little money so she can return to the Island which is where her life will be from now on.
or
B - Time with nature in the Mountains. Hiking, searching for insects, and spending as much time as possible outdoors. All of this to be followed by a return to Pleasantview where she'll get her own place, with a pet (or two or three).
or
C - A chance to develop unique skills in the Far East. There are rumours of a teleporting ninja, a mysterious scroll with a story, and a movement style known as Thai Chi. Corrie will discover it all, and then continue to explore and learn all the different skills the world has to offer.

Where will Corrie go, and what will happen to her? It's up to you!
Screenshots
Instructor
#71 Old 17th Jul 2019 at 3:32 AM
I like B
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#72 Old 28th Jul 2019 at 2:52 PM Last edited by Coriel_Muroz : 6th Sep 2020 at 9:53 PM.
Default Part 14 - Skipper Broke and Cyd Roseland are pregnant (also conclusions of Part 12)
Part 12 - Conclusion: Dirk Dreamer and Lilith Pleasant
Seems like everyone who votes in this thread is a romantic who believes in happily ever after. Even though Dirk caught Lilith cheating on him with Matthew Picaso, rather than the couple break up after all this time, their best friend Dustin Broke locked them in their apartment and convinced them to give it another shot.

Frankly, they were only too happy to get back together. Then Dirk nearly lost Lilith when she lit herself on fire trying to make crepe suzette. It was touch and go for a bit, but she recovered and they got married and are now expecting their first child. We'll see how their lives continue to progress!

This leads us to our NEW VOTE - Part 14 - Skipper Broke and Cyd Roseland are pregnant

Cyd fell in love with Skipper Broke moments before she left Pleasantview to go to University. He spent those long years thinking of her often, and invited her to stay with him whenever she was in town. While he knew it wasn't exclusive, they have shared numerous intimate moments over this time, and a day does not pass when he doesn't want to tickle her or tell her a joke or talk to her on the phone.

Skipper likes Cyd. He's a good guy. She thinks he's funny and he's hardworking. As soon as she realized she was pregnant, she told him - he's going to be a great father. She doesn't remember her own dad - Skip Broke died before she was born. And her step-dad, Joe Carr, was pretty solid throughout her childhood, but when Brandi died, he took off leaving teenage daughter Lori to fend for herself (Luckily Beau Broke stepped up to take care of his little sister).

And Skipper wants to be a politician - appearances can be everything. The hint of a scandal could ruin her career, and so could choosing to raise her kid herself when the father wants to step up. What should they do?

A - Skipper and Cyd might as well get married. They may only have 1 lightning bolt, but they are best friends. Cyd absolutely adores her, so if Skipper feels the need to step out, he'll forgive her anything. She'll just have to make sure she's keeping it on the DL so the press doesn't find out.
or
B - Skipper and Cyd are friends - friends who love each other, friends with benefits, friends who will raise a child together. They'll get apartments in the same building so that they can always be close to their kid, but have their own separate lives. It'll be great, so long as Skipper can handle it when Cyd eventually moves on and falls in love with someone else.
or
C - Community living is where it is at! Skipper already lives with her best friend, Imogen Dreamer. Add Cyd to the mix, plus Imogen's boyfriend Anthony, and raising children will be a snap. What a cool and trendy image for a politician to have. Besides, it's very unlikely that Skipper and Anthony will hook up, despite being very attracted to each other, right?

What will the future hold for Skipper and Cyd? It's up to you to decide.
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#73 Old 28th Jul 2019 at 5:01 PM
A- Skipper would get married asap. So when she gives birth it wouldn't be a scandal that would prejudice her career. And being a married women with children would actually improve her image, which is important on politics.
Instructor
#74 Old 28th Jul 2019 at 10:55 PM
A for sure
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#75 Old 9th Aug 2019 at 11:37 PM Last edited by Coriel_Muroz : 6th Sep 2020 at 9:55 PM.
Default Part 15 - The education of Cassandra and Darren's children
New Vote - Part 15 (scroll up for Part 13 & 14 - they are still open to vote)

As you may recall, Cassandra and Darren had 6 children, the last 3 were unexpected triplets. They were loved, but also a bit of a hardship for the family.
Darren died a little while back, and Cassandra fairly recently, leaving Ilana, Derek and Bella as teenagers without a parent in the house.
Their older sisters are living their own lives now, so their Uncle Alexander arranged for them to have a butler until they went to university and kept an eye out for them.

Ilana probably could have used a closer eye. She and her boyfriend, Matty Picaso (the oldest son of Matt and Jessica), got intimate and then got pregnant. Now Matty is a stand up guy and did "the right thing" as his parents' expected. Ilana and Matty got married before Ilana gave birth to 4 babies. That's right, they have 4 babies.

While Matty has another season before he considers heading to university, Derek, Ilana and Bella are all due to go now. Derek's got his bags packed - he's ready to go, but Ilana and Bella both have hard decisions to make.

What should they do?

A - Matty can stay in Pleasantview by himself with the 4 babies. He's a family sim and he'll have the help of a Butler. There's no way that would end with the Social Worker showing up, with Matty's grades dropping so he can't go to university himself (his dream), or that Ilana enjoying being a coed while he goes through this alone is going to back fire. Plus, Ilana would like to get her degree.
or
B - Ilana's not going to go to university. She just had 4 babies. She's a family sim too, and you can't expect her to abandon her kids and her husband for something she doesn't feel super interested in doing. Matty can go to university the following season - maybe Ilana and the kids will move there too so they can all be together. But raising quads with two people on the cusp of adulthood is hard. It's all about priorities and family comes first
or

C - Bella has been having second thoughts about going to university. Matty and Ilana obviously need help, and since losing her mother, Bella hasn't been as excited about science, or school, or anything. Taking care of these babies with her sister can be a new direction in life, one that no one else expected her to follow.

It's up to you to decide who should take care of Ilana and Matty's quads - who will it be?
Screenshots
Page 3 of 4