Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

UPDATE July 7, 2019: Two Tile Wall Masks

by Sophie-David Posted 15th Dec 2018 at 9:40 PM - Updated 8th Jul 2019 at 6:20 AM by Sophie-David : Updated with invisible recolours.

10 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 1 Feedback Posts, 8 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#2 Old 16th Dec 2018 at 2:25 AM
Pretty cool stuff, once again! Thanks for sharing!

-grinEvilly
>=)
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#3 Old 16th Dec 2018 at 2:36 AM
Wow! Incredible idea. I'm going to be using this a lot.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#4 Old 16th Dec 2018 at 3:57 PM
Very Cool! You could make a recolor of the fat lady from Harry Potter!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#5 Old 16th Dec 2018 at 9:03 PM
What a wonderfully conceptual idea brought to life.
I can see a lot of creative stories coming out because of this idea.
Thank you for sharing this lovely work. I am already imagining where I will find this useful in my stories.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#6 Old 16th Dec 2018 at 9:36 PM
This is absolutely mahveliz. With the animated textures, my Sims will be able to travel through whirling clouds of cosmic matter, not knowing whether the portal within is leading to another dimension or just the loo. Great job, thanks for sharing, and thanks for that ever-creative mind of yours.

I already want recolors - hippie beads, wall of fire, mist, smoke, brightlight... so many possibilities
Theorist
Original Poster
#7 Old 16th Dec 2018 at 10:51 PM
Thank you all for the encouragement.

sims2ultralover5 - Yes, I did think about the Harry Potter fat lady - but I would think that the image is copyrighted, so I could not share it here.

d4RE - there are lots of animations available in the texture links, but unfortunately the starfields are not animated.

I must say that this project started with a request from StephSim to make a mesh for transparent glass doors and window silhouettes.
Not actually evil.
THANKS POST
#8 Old 17th Dec 2018 at 3:35 AM
Magic portals! I feel transported just reading your descriptions.

@d4RE - Wow, that was well put. If you make those hippie beads, I'm grabbing them. I need cosmic portals to the loo now.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 17th Dec 2018 at 10:49 PM
Unique and useful! Thanks!
Theorist
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#10 Old 26th Feb 2019 at 1:55 AM
You're welcome.
Theorist
Original Poster
#11 Old 8th Jul 2019 at 6:18 AM
Update July 7, 2019

1) Enabled the built-in invisible frame recolour.

2) Added a built-in invisible picture recolour.

3) To allow the player to freely select objects that are positioned behind a wall mask, the picture subset is no longer selectable. Instead, use the frame subset to select the object.

4) The catalogue description has been updated with a note on how to select or move the object.