Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Apr 2019 at 11:07 PM Last edited by CaliBrat : 27th Apr 2019 at 5:31 PM.
Default SOLVED - Government sign in Simlish
So I'm lookin for a sign in Simlish that I can use for my Department Sims Social Services Building.

So if ya know of where to find any Simlish signs that might work as a government sign that'd be awesome.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 24th Apr 2019 at 3:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CaliBrat
So I'm lookin for a sign in Simlish that I can use for my Department Sims Social Services Building.

So if ya know of where to find any Simlish signs that might work as a government sign that'd be awesome.

What about something like this?

Or this if it was recolored with different words in simlish.

Or maybe you can use one of the half walls with the stone pillars and add simlish letter wall decor to it to make your own sign!
Theorist
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Apr 2019 at 5:33 AM
Thanks for tryin to help

The first bunch, while they are in Simlish, just aren't the right style I'm lookin for. The second one, I do like, but it's not in Simlish... to bad.

As for makin my own... umm yeah... that's a bit outta my knowledge base ... lol.

Back to searchin :D
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 24th Apr 2019 at 6:01 AM
Maybe one of these
http://modthesims.info/d/280243
http://modthesims.info/d/278747

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Theorist
Original Poster
#5 Old 24th Apr 2019 at 6:18 AM
Thanks ... those are closer to what I want. I'm gonna keep lookin, but if I don't find it I might take the city hall or court house one from the 2nd link.
Forum Resident
#6 Old 25th Apr 2019 at 10:45 AM
@Calibrat I could do a simple recolor for you? In simlish that is on this? (or any other sign you'd like)
Instructor
#7 Old 25th Apr 2019 at 3:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by vegan_kaktus
@Calibrat I could do a simple recolor for you? In simlish that is on this? (or any other sign you'd like)

I really like that sign too!
Forum Resident
#8 Old 25th Apr 2019 at 5:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sims2ultralover5
I really like that sign too!

Ah! Then I'll do it :^D I don't really have time today so I'll do it tomorrow! Hope that's ok :^)
Theorist
Original Poster
#9 Old 25th Apr 2019 at 5:16 PM

That'd be awesome

I'll be happy with anything thing ya can provide, but was curious if you said recolor it, does that means the bricks/ stones sides or just the wood sign itself? If it's the brick/ stones I was thinkin that it might be nice if they were the same color (or as close as could be) to the Maxis brick/ stone colors for walls. Not sure if that's doable and again I'll be happy with whatever you can do
Forum Resident
#10 Old 25th Apr 2019 at 5:34 PM
That'd be awesome

I'll be happy with anything thing ya can provide, but was curious if you said recolor it, does that means the bricks/ stones sides or just the wood sign itself? If it's the brick/ stones I was thinkin that it might be nice if they were the same color (or as close as could be) to the Maxis brick/ stone colors for walls. Not sure if that's doable and again I'll be happy with whatever you can do

I understand what you mean and I think it's totally doable! Do you have any specific maxis brick/stone walls in mind you'd like me to use? I can do a few recolors with different stones/bricks :^D (if you have any ideas for the sign too, let me know!)
Alchemist
#11 Old 26th Apr 2019 at 1:25 AM Last edited by Phantomknight : 17th May 2021 at 6:50 PM. Reason: Fixed deadlink
Though it looks like you may get what you need (@vegan_kaktus, how nice of you to offer to recolor! I hope you upload & share it here!) and though I'm not 100% sure what kind of signs you are looking for, @CaliBrat, I thought I'd share some links. Sometimes simlish versions of things can be hard to find, so here are some of the finds I found that might look good in your social services building--I think the Get to Work conversion set by tenlittlepandas might be the closest to what you're looking for?

https://tenlittlepandas.tumblr.com/...-the-police-buy
http://gardenofshadows.org.uk/garde...01286#msg701286
https://nanashi.sims2.net/?p=311
http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=4199
http://gardenofshadows.org.uk/garde...20778#msg720778
Gnomebunny Shop Sign RCs
https://hafiseazale.dreamwidth.org/14981.html

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Forum Resident
#12 Old 26th Apr 2019 at 10:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
Though it looks like you may get what you need (@vegan_kaktus, how nice of you to offer to recolor! I hope you upload & share it here!) and though ​I'm not 100% sure what kin​​d of signs you are looking for, @CaliBrat, I thought I'd share some links. Sometimes simlish versions of things can be hard to find, so here are some of the finds I found that might look good in your social services building--I think the Get to Work conversion set by tenlittlepandas might be the closest to what you're looking for?

https://tenlittlepandas.tumblr.com/...-the-police-buy
https://nanashi.sims2.net/?p=311
http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=4199
http://gardenofshadows.org.uk/garde...20778#msg720778
https://gnomebunny.tumblr.com/post/...lling-a-request
https://hafiseazale.dreamwidth.org/14981.html

That was a really helpful list, thank you! I’ll wait with my recolor until @CaliBrat sees the list :^)

(My offer to recolor is still valid though! Just let me know which mesh you want me to use.)
Theorist
Original Poster
#13 Old 26th Apr 2019 at 10:42 AM
I have seen the list and bookmarked some of them for use later. However since I saw the one with the stone/ brick stand alone sign I like that one the best. Ten Little Panda's is similar to the one of Hed's you found and would work quiet nicely. However, if you are still willing and it's not much trouble, I really would love to be able to have the sign in the same coloring brick/ stone that is used for walls. I don't have any specific as I don't know the names of them without goin in game and I've yet been able to start the game up. Bein that what I'm wantin it for is a government building the red or grey brick might be nice.

I'm happy with all the signs that have been found. I can use TLP's or if you do recolor some, I'd be happy to use yours. I might even use both as the styles, while similar, are different enough to provide variation:D
Forum Resident
#14 Old 26th Apr 2019 at 3:05 PM
I have seen the list and bookmarked some of them for use later. However since I saw the one with the stone/ brick stand alone sign I like that one the best. Ten Little Panda's is similar to the one of Hed's you found and would work quiet nicely. However, if you are still willing and it's not much trouble, I really would love to be able to have the sign in the same coloring brick/ stone that is used for walls. I don't have any specific as I don't know the names of them without goin in game and I've yet been able to start the game up. Bein that what I'm wantin it for is a government building the red or grey brick might be nice.

I'm happy with all the signs that have been found. I can use TLP's or if you do recolor some, I'd be happy to use yours. I might even use both as the styles, while similar, are different enough to provide variation:D

It's not a problem! I like to recolor things :^D then I'll use some red and grey brick/stones! Is it this one by Hed you want me to recolor? :^D I can do TLP's too if you'd like! (or any other sign!)
Theorist
Original Poster
#15 Old 26th Apr 2019 at 4:11 PM
It's not a problem! I like to recolor things :^D then I'll use some red and grey brick/stones! Is it this one by Hed you want me to recolor? :^D I can do TLP's too if you'd like! (or any other sign!)

Yes that one by Hed. Recolors of TLP's would be awesome too. :D

(sidenote to give ya an idea: Lastnight I was supposed to be doin some renamin of the files I have. I had a pic for an item, but no zip file for it. I started googlin to find it. Did I find it? Nope, what I found was @Michelle's recolors. Did I stop with just the one item I was lookin for? Again, nope I nearly 100 new RC downloads. I'm just hopin that when I get to my folder for the stuff I have of Michelle's that I hadn't downloaded it before, which I wouldn't take bets on since I tend to like MM RC's ... lol.)
Forum Resident
#16 Old 26th Apr 2019 at 5:25 PM Last edited by vegan_kaktus : 26th Apr 2019 at 9:04 PM.
Yes that one by Hed. Recolors of TLP's would be awesome too. :D

(sidenote to give ya an idea: Lastnight I was supposed to be doin some renamin of the files I have. I had a pic for an item, but no zip file for it. I started googlin to find it. Did I find it? Nope, what I found was @Michelle's recolors. Did I stop with just the one item I was lookin for? Again, nope I nearly 100 new RC downloads. I'm just hopin that when I get to my folder for the stuff I have of Michelle's that I hadn't downloaded it before, which I wouldn't take bets on since I tend to like MM RC's ... lol.)

Great! I'll start right away :^D

Hahah I agree, Michelle's recolors are awesome! I too have many RC from her in my game :^)

Update: I don't really know what I should add more to the sign, do you have any suggestions? This is not something I would add to my own game, so I'm kind of lost at how to edit it haha :^D What I've done so far is this:

Unfortunately, I can't do much about the blurriness or sharps edges on the texture ://

Also, I chose these EA walls for the sign, are they to your taste? :^)
Theorist
Original Poster
#17 Old 26th Apr 2019 at 9:15 PM
I like it ... and the other walls.

Would it be possible to color the green part in the the same brick/ rock color? I guess I didn't really notice it in Hed's picture. If it looked more like a bush it wouldn't be bad, but it sorta sticks out. If you can't no worries... that's what the moveobjects cheat is for I'll just put a couple the small shrub bushes there. :D
Undead Molten Llama
#18 Old 26th Apr 2019 at 9:32 PM
If the mapping is cooperative, I would think you could nab the textures from the Maxis boxwood shrub to put on that green part, if you want to make it into bushes. That's probably what it's supposed to be, anyway. Just an idea.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Forum Resident
#19 Old 26th Apr 2019 at 9:45 PM Last edited by vegan_kaktus : 26th Apr 2019 at 10:56 PM.
I like it ... and the other walls.

Would it be possible to color the green part in the the same brick/ rock color? I guess I didn't really notice it in Hed's picture. If it looked more like a bush it wouldn't be bad, but it sorta sticks out. If you can't no worries... that's what the moveobjects cheat is for I'll just put a couple the small shrub bushes there. :D

I could do that! Gonna try it right now :^D

Quote: Originally posted by iCad
If the mapping is cooperative, I would think you could nab the textures from the Maxis boxwood shrub to put on that green part, if you want to make it into bushes. That's probably what it's supposed to be, anyway. Just an idea.

That sounds great! Unfortunately, I have no idea how to do that haha!

Update: the stone texture look very stretched sadly, and I'm not sure how to fix it since the area the mesh pulls the bushes from in the texture is very small

I tried using the white cement texture instead, and maybe that's better?
Undead Molten Llama
#20 Old 26th Apr 2019 at 11:27 PM
That sounds great! Unfortunately, I have no idea how to do that haha!

It's fairly straightforward: Find the boxwood in the game files and pretend as if you're going to make a recolor of it. Export the resulting texture from the recolor file that generates then close the recolor file. You don't need it. Then use the texture you exported and cut/paste or clone stamp bits of it into the sign's texture.

Buuuuuut, from the pictures you posted it looks like the mapping on that part of the mesh stretches the texture badly. There are some ways you can get around that even if you don't know how to work with mapping (I don't, myself) -- like squishing the texture so that when the mapping stretches it, it then looks normal -- but if you don't want to do a lot of trial/error, you're probably best off sticking with a very simple, undetailed texture on that part of the thing, given the stretching. I think the cement texture looks good. It visually balances the "caps" on the stone pillars.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Forum Resident
#21 Old 26th Apr 2019 at 11:32 PM Last edited by vegan_kaktus : 18th Jul 2020 at 2:03 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by iCad
It's fairly straightforward: Find the boxwood in the game files and pretend as if you're going to make a recolor of it. Export the resulting texture from the recolor file that generates then close the recolor file. You don't need it. Then use the texture you exported and cut/paste or clone stamp bits of it into the sign's texture.

Buuuuuut, from the pictures you posted it looks like the mapping on that part of the mesh stretches the texture badly. There are some ways you can get around that even if you don't know how to work with mapping (I don't, myself) -- like squishing the texture so that when the mapping stretches it, it then looks normal -- but if you don't want to do a lot of trial/error, you're probably best off sticking with a very simple, undetailed texture on that part of the thing, given the stretching.

Ohh I thought you meant I should repository it to the boxwood or something! *facepalm* haha :^D now I understand and ofc I can try that!

Yes it sadly does, and I thought about that too, but the area in the texture where it pulls the "hedge" from is very small, so I'm not sure how I should stretch it? It's this small space:

Idk if I make any sense? English is not my native language heh
Mad Poster
#22 Old 26th Apr 2019 at 11:36 PM
Totally agree! The white concrete looks wonderful.
EDIT to add..if you take that same long stone texture, and paste it into that small green space, it would then squish the stone texture. But in game, this part will be stretch so that it would look normal. I think is what Icad meant?

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Theorist
Original Poster
#23 Old 26th Apr 2019 at 11:39 PM
Oh no ... the white concrete looks great. It helps to tie in the tops of the columns. :D

I love it :D
Forum Resident
#24 Old 26th Apr 2019 at 11:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
Totally agree! The white concrete looks wonderful.
EDIT to add..if you take that same long stone texture, and paste it into that small green space, it would then squish the stone texture. But in game, this part will be stretch so that it would look normal. I think is what Icad meant?

I think so too! :^D
Edit: unfortunately that's what I did, and it stretched like in the picture in my post

Oh no ... the white concrete looks great. It helps to tie in the tops of the columns. :D

I love it :D

Great! :^D I also tried to fix this:

but it's impossible haha x_x

Anyways, is there anything more you want done to the sign? :^)
Undead Molten Llama
#25 Old 26th Apr 2019 at 11:44 PM
Nah, slaving it wouldn't work because the texture images have to be the same in order to do that.

Exactly what you'd have to do will depend on the relative sizes and shapes of the two textures. But basically, first, you have to figure out which direction the texture is being stretched on that part of the mesh. Since I can't interpret mapping myself, I'd do that by making a text texture with some colorful lines drawn on that part of the texture so that you can tell which direction the texture is
being stretched when it gets "painted" onto the mesh. Once you know that, you'd take the hedge texture (or a part of it, depending on how big it is, and you might need to do some resizing to get the scale right) and compress it in the appropriate direction such that when it stretches out on the object, it will no longer be compressed but looks right. If you decide to try it, then it'll probably take several attempts until you get it right. Or it might not work at all. It doesn't always work with more heavily detailed textures, and shrub leaves count as pretty heavy detail. So, it might not be worth the effort.

Page 1 of 2