Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

New Arlestown - Deep, Mysterious Plot - No CC

by cutupuss Posted 22nd Jun 2019 at 10:44 PM - Updated 7th Apr 2020 at 11:24 AM by cutupuss

80 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 50 Feedback Posts, 29 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 4
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 23rd Jun 2019 at 2:49 AM
I'm very glad to see that what went wrong with Capricorn Valley didn't scare you away from creating hoods!
Forum Resident
#3 Old 23rd Jun 2019 at 9:31 AM
Can you post the names of every sim? Some of them got scrambled in my game, at least I'm pretty sure the mother from the Grosse family is not named Alex Schneider. I'd like to give them their correct names with SimBlender.

I had the same problem with the downloadable families from maxon's Polgannon. It's an issue with different game languages. Apparently it's possible to fix it for the download, not sure how though.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#4 Old 23rd Jun 2019 at 10:22 AM
Oh, I'm exited to explore this hood! Thank you very much!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#5 Old 23rd Jun 2019 at 11:49 AM
Congratulations on getting your new neighborhood approved. If the characters and stories in New Arlestown are as interesting as the ones in Capricorn Valley were, I'm sure I'll enjoy it!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#6 Old 23rd Jun 2019 at 12:09 PM
I really loved everything in Capricorn Valley, and I am so happy that you could learn from it. Really looking forward to playing the hood, because it looks SO AWESOME!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 23rd Jun 2019 at 12:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by carrit
I'm very glad to see that what went wrong with Capricorn Valley didn't scare you away from creating hoods!

Thank you so much! And yes, I knew that with the knowledge of what went wrong I'd be able to make something better! (and safer)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 23rd Jun 2019 at 1:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ovenhole
Can you post the names of every sim? Some of them got scrambled in my game, at least I'm pretty sure the mother from the Grosse family is not named Alex Schneider. I'd like to give them their correct names with SimBlender.

I had the same problem with the downloadable families from maxon's Polgannon. It's an issue with different game languages. Apparently it's possible to fix it for the download, not sure how though.

AGH when I read that the names got scrambled I almost had a heart attack thinking it was corrupted ..

Yes of course here you go

Grosse Family:
Elder Female - Poppy Grosse
Adult Male - Deacon Grosse
Teen Male - Markus Grosse
Cat - Noodle

Allen Family:
Elder Female - Elleanor Allen
Adult Female - Amata Allen
Adult Male - Grayson Allen
Teen Male - Luke Allen
Teen Female - Martha v
Child Female with short hair - Nancy Allen
Child Female - Maisy Allen

Harris Family#1:
Adult Male - Mando
Adult Female - Carla
Toddler - Maxine
Dog - Andy

Harris Family #2:
Elder Female - Chris
Elder Male - Gerald

Delaria:
Mia

Caster:
Teen Male - Clive
Teen Female -Anna
Baby (although she doesn't appear in the thumbnail) - Holly

Noble:
Adult Male - Isaac Noble
Adult Female - Cher Noble (It's a reference)

Orphanage:
Adult Female - Lydia Delaria
Teen male - Henry Maslow (if his eyebrows enough aren't indication of his heritage you should definitely check out his family tree)
Teen female - Susan Kenna
Child Female with plats - Bruehlie Mitchell
Child Female with flower top - Maisy Arthur
Toddler - Bowdie Arthur

Trajique:
Aasim Trajique - Adult Male
Collette Trajique - (His grand-daughter) Elder Female
Sierra Trajique - Adult female engaged to Aasim
Selena Trajique - Adult female with leopard print dress
Sophie Trajique - The other adult female

Debeit:
Sandi Brown - Adult Female
Dante Debeit - Adult male
Aniya Brown - Toddler

Retirement Home:
Taylor Kenworthy - SkinTone1 Elder Female
Carlos Santeena - SKinTone3 Elder Male
Garin Debeit - SkinTone4 Elder Male
Cheyenne Fantasia - Leopard Print
Lara Fantasia - Remaining female
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 23rd Jun 2019 at 1:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sugoisama
I really loved everything in Capricorn Valley, and I am so happy that you could learn from it. Really looking forward to playing the hood, because it looks SO AWESOME!

Yay thank you! :D
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 23rd Jun 2019 at 1:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
Congratulations on getting your new neighborhood approved. If the characters and stories in New Arlestown are as interesting as the ones in Capricorn Valley were, I'm sure I'll enjoy it!

Yay! Some of the families from Capricorn Valley I have taken inspiration from and used for this hood such as the Debeit family for instance.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 23rd Jun 2019 at 4:35 PM
The Orphanage and the Retirement Home both use University dorm cooks. You need to make it clear that a mod is required for this to work properly and provide a link to the mod (Inge's Shiny Tyme NPC Everywhere Patch).

When I loaded the Allen house, the Buy and Build buttons were greyed-out. I thought something was wrong with the lot until I realized that there was a burglary in progress and those buttons are supposed to be unusable when that happens.
Space Pony
#12 Old 23rd Jun 2019 at 7:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ovenhole

@cutupuss , not corruption , but you can easely fix it in your download, so the names will show up correctly for all languages.

-open sim's character file in SimPE ,

-in Catalog Description, click on the text file

-in Plugin View, choose "Default lang only"

-commit, save and repeat with every sims character file.
That's it

~~~~Call me Ellu ~~~

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 23rd Jun 2019 at 7:51 PM
The Orphanage and the Retirement Home both use University dorm cooks. You need to make it clear that a mod is required for this to work properly and provide a link to the mod (Inge's Shiny Tyme NPC Everywhere Patch).

When I loaded the Allen house, the Buy and Build buttons were greyed-out. I thought something was wrong with the lot until I realized that there was a burglary in progress and those buttons are supposed to be unusable when that happens.

The mod isn't required for it to work! I've tested it without the mod and they are still assigned. I'll look into it a bit more to see if there's any problems however I will definitely add credit to the creator of the mod, thanks for the reminder!

And yes, the Allen house is supposed to have a burglary upon opening the household for the first time, but since nobody knows how to create scripted events/ anyone who did know didn't help me the only way I could have this happen was to save the game just as the burglar is loaded into the lot.
Forum Resident
#14 Old 23rd Jun 2019 at 9:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kukamuukaanmuka
@cutupuss , not corruption , but you can easely fix it in your download, so the names will show up correctly for all languages.

-open sim's character file in SimPE ,

-in Catalog Description, click on the text file

-in Plugin View, choose "Default lang only"

-commit, save and repeat with every sims character file.
That's it

I might end up doing that, because I just noticed that most dead sims are affected. On the other hand, Poppy Grosse's husband being called Tabea Wolosenko is pretty funny. Her sister's name is currently Nikolaus, because I haven't gotten around to fixing her household.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 23rd Jun 2019 at 10:12 PM
It's very good job done there! I'm fan of Capricorn Valley, but I'm bigger fan of New Arlestown now! How did you got an idea for Trajique's familly tree?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 23rd Jun 2019 at 10:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MasterBoy269
It's very good job done there! I'm fan of Capricorn Valley, but I'm bigger fan of New Arlestown now! How did you got an idea for Trajique's familly tree?

Thank you! I'm not sure what I was inspired by really, I like pushing the sims 2 to the limits and I like doing experiments with it, so I wanted to see how genetics worked when you mixed it with someone and their great grandfather
Mad Poster
#17 Old 24th Jun 2019 at 12:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cutupuss
The mod isn't required for it to work! I've tested it without the mod and they are still assigned. I'll look into it a bit more to see if there's any problems however I will definitely add credit to the creator of the mod, thanks for the reminder!

And yes, the Allen house is supposed to have a burglary upon opening the household for the first time, but since nobody knows how to create scripted events/ anyone who did know didn't help me the only way I could have this happen was to save the game just as the burglar is loaded into the lot.

I never knew the dorm cook would show up without Inge's mod! I guess that when I first discovered the mod, I just assumed it was required for the dorm cook to function.

It's okay about the burglar. It just took me a moment to realize what was happening. I guess I'm a bit paranoid because I've seen those buttons greyed out after a lot loads in other neighborhoods in my game and it usually means something's really wrong with the lot.

I haven't had time yet to do more than glance at a few households, but this looks like it's going to be a really fun neighborhood! Thanks again for sharing it with us!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 24th Jun 2019 at 2:34 AM
I like how the Allen family house is a reference to the Baxter house from Waterside
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 24th Jun 2019 at 7:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MorrowindMasterRace
I like how the Allen family house is a reference to the Baxter house from Waterside

Yay thank you for noticing! I love the style of base game/beta lots so I wanted to bring it back from the dead! Especially with the red concrete
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 24th Jun 2019 at 7:38 AM
I never knew the dorm cook would show up without Inge's mod! I guess that when I first discovered the mod, I just assumed it was required for the dorm cook to function.

It's okay about the burglar. It just took me a moment to realize what was happening. I guess I'm a bit paranoid because I've seen those buttons greyed out after a lot loads in other neighborhoods in my game and it usually means something's really wrong with the lot.

I haven't had time yet to do more than glance at a few households, but this looks like it's going to be a really fun neighborhood! Thanks again for sharing it with us!

No problem thanks for reminding me about the credit 😁
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#21 Old 25th Jun 2019 at 3:29 AM
i'm really enjoying this neighborhood so far. i'm so excited to play all of the families and cause even more drama! and i love the townies, lol. i'm talking about you "Bada Hairline". lmfao
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#22 Old 25th Jun 2019 at 3:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by fluffyfeather
i'm really enjoying this neighborhood so far. i'm so excited to play all of the families and cause even more drama! and i love the townies, lol. i'm talking about you "Bada Hairline". lmfao

Yay I'm glad you like it!

What families have you played so far?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 25th Jun 2019 at 7:32 AM
Thank you for sharing this! I really love all of it! The neighborhood, the houses and the unique storyline (especially Aasim Trajique's)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#24 Old 25th Jun 2019 at 3:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LamXP
Thank you for sharing this! I really love all of it! The neighborhood, the houses and the unique storyline (especially Aasim Trajique's)

Thank you! Yes, Aasim's story is my favourite and I love how the game's dis-acknowledgement of great grandfathers being related helps support the story too
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 30th Jun 2019 at 12:30 PM
I haven't had much time to play this neighborhood, but from what I've seen so far - I'm impressed. Relationships are so complicated, the plot so mysterious. Makes you wanna play! I wonder how much time it took to create such detailed hood...
Page 1 of 4