Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Unlimited Jobs Mod

by DrAnimaniac Posted 2nd Jul 2019 at 6:25 PM - Updated 18th Mar 2021 at 8:15 PM by DrAnimaniac : Edit post and remove old mod.

154 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 119 Feedback Posts, 34 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 7
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 2nd Jul 2019 at 6:39 PM
Waited for this mod so long. Thanks!.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#3 Old 2nd Jul 2019 at 7:51 PM
Wow! True, I have w3aited for that: Thank you very, very much!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#4 Old 2nd Jul 2019 at 7:51 PM
Wow! True, I have w3aited for that: Thank you very, very much!
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 3rd Jul 2019 at 1:54 AM
This is GREAT!!! I was wondering if you could tell me how to make other careers compatible?
Test Subject
#6 Old 3rd Jul 2019 at 7:12 PM
tried it and got a last exception message
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 3rd Jul 2019 at 11:48 PM Last edited by DrAnimaniac : 4th Jul 2019 at 12:59 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by jjonewell1977
This is GREAT!!! I was wondering if you could tell me how to make other careers compatible?

Hi! I've just updated the mod page with a mini guide on how to make any custom career compatible. It's actually not as hard as it may seem. I hope it'll help! =)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 3rd Jul 2019 at 11:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bbfan26
tried it and got a last exception message

Hmm, it could be that you have another conflicting mod? I have MCC and a lot of other mods and I've yet to get a LE error. Try testing my mod in game without any other mods and tell me if you still get one. If you don't, then it's likely a mod conflict. Remember, it will conflict with any mod that alters the same XML files I used. I'll be updating my post to within the next couple of days with the exact XML files I used so it'll be easier to tell if something will conflict. In any case, try using only my mod and see if it works then.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 4th Jul 2019 at 2:04 AM
Can you make the jobs available for teens?
Test Subject
#10 Old 4th Jul 2019 at 7:20 AM
Cool mod! Works great, however, I may have found an issue. I think. Your mod doesn't seem to be compatible with the Freelance career. I was trying to be a digital artist and a conservationist but after the first gig I couldn't accept anymore because there was no button and when i tried from the phone/pc it never did anything. It may be a mod conflict though. Just thought I'd post my experience. Outside of that, has worked great!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 4th Jul 2019 at 2:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mods1985
Cool mod! Works great, however, I may have found an issue. I think. Your mod doesn't seem to be compatible with the Freelance career. I was trying to be a digital artist and a conservationist but after the first gig I couldn't accept anymore because there was no button and when i tried from the phone/pc it never did anything. It may be a mod conflict though. Just thought I'd post my experience. Outside of that, has worked great!

Hi, thank you for the compliment! As for your issue, I was not able to recreate it in my game. I had my sim become a Conservationist and a Freelance Artist and was able to do multiple gigs without any issue. What you are describing almost sounds like an issue those who used an old version of the UI Cheats Extension Mod were experiencing before updating. I don't know if you use that mod, but if you do, please make sure you have the latest version that is on Werbesu's Patreon. If you don't use that, then it may be another mod. I suggest trying this situation in a new game with only my mod installed and see if you still get that same issue. I hope you'll be able to resolve this issue and thanks for using my mod.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 4th Jul 2019 at 3:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lbait
Can you make the jobs available for teens?

This is something I've considered doing, but I'm focusing on making sure this mod is running efficiently first. Once I'm certain this mod isn't going to lead to any major conflicts, I'll either create a teen job mod or add that feature to this one. Thank you for the suggestion though and I hope you're enjoying the mod otherwise.
Test Subject
#13 Old 4th Jul 2019 at 9:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DrAnimaniac
Hi, thank you for the compliment! As for your issue, I was not able to recreate it in my game. I had my sim become a Conservationist and a Freelance Artist and was able to do multiple gigs without any issue. What you are describing almost sounds like an issue those who used an old version of the UI Cheats Extension Mod were experiencing before updating. I don't know if you use that mod, but if you do, please make sure you have the latest version that is on Werbesu's Patreon. If you don't use that, then it may be another mod. I suggest trying this situation in a new game with only my mod installed and see if you still get that same issue. I hope you'll be able to resolve this issue and thanks for using my mod.

I thought that too as I did have a separate issue that was preventing me from submitting stuff. Your mod conflicted with an older version of Scumbumbo's "Set filters on paintings by reference" mod. Luckily there was an update for it and that solved the problem. As for not being able to see gigs at all, apparently if you take multiple freelance careers it can cause an issue. I accidentally added writing on top of my artist career and I couldn't see any gigs for the artist. I removed the writing one and the artist one now works as intended. Not sure if that was due to a mod conflict or what. In any case, the mod is working perfectly for me now
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#14 Old 5th Jul 2019 at 3:32 AM
I'm so happy for this mod!
Test Subject
#15 Old 5th Jul 2019 at 6:21 AM
So does that mean that no other custom careers works with this?
Test Subject
#16 Old 5th Jul 2019 at 9:26 PM
Great concept, but when I downloaded it I instantly got a last exception message. It seems to be involving only careers that I don't have on my game though? (As I only have base game).
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 6th Jul 2019 at 3:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mods1985
I thought that too as I did have a separate issue that was preventing me from submitting stuff. Your mod conflicted with an older version of Scumbumbo's "Set filters on paintings by reference" mod. Luckily there was an update for it and that solved the problem. As for not being able to see gigs at all, apparently if you take multiple freelance careers it can cause an issue. I accidentally added writing on top of my artist career and I couldn't see any gigs for the artist. I removed the writing one and the artist one now works as intended. Not sure if that was due to a mod conflict or what. In any case, the mod is working perfectly for me now

I'm glad it's working for you now! I'll have to test it more with multiple freelance careers to see if I experience any issues, thanks for letting me know.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 6th Jul 2019 at 3:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LadyKyss9
So does that mean that no other custom careers works with this?

Custom careers will work even with this mod installed, but they will not be exempt from the "can't have more than one career" rule unless they are made compatible by updating their core files in the same way the career files of the in-game careers are with this mod. Basically, you can work in a custom career just fine, but if you also want to be an astronaut let's say, you will not be able to because the custom career is set to be quittable. If you really want to have your custom career be fully compatible, you'd have to change the core file in the way that I've outlined on the main mod page. I hope I was able to explain it well.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 6th Jul 2019 at 3:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by alloflove
Great concept, but when I downloaded it I instantly got a last exception message. It seems to be involving only careers that I don't have on my game though? (As I only have base game).

If you only have base game, you should be using only the base game mod package. Don't add any of the mod packages from the addon folder to your mod folder otherwise you may get LEs because you don't have those files in game. If you are only using the base mod package, and you're still getting LE's, then it may be a mod conflict. I suggest trying only my mod in a new save and seeing if you still get them. If you don't, then another mod is conflicting with mine. Hope this helps.
Test Subject
#20 Old 6th Jul 2019 at 4:59 AM
Thanks
Quote: Originally posted by DrAnimaniac
Custom careers will work even with this mod installed, but they will not be exempt from the "can't have more than one career" rule unless they are made compatible by updating their core files in the same way the career files of the in-game careers are with this mod. Basically, you can work in a custom career just fine, but if you also want to be an astronaut let's say, you will not be able to because the custom career is set to be quittable. If you really want to have your custom career be fully compatible, you'd have to change the core file in the way that I've outlined on the main mod page. I hope I was able to explain it well.

I think I understood, thank you. So far seems to work just fine and no conflicts. Finally, my struggling wannabe actress can actually struggle...♥
Nice Job.
Test Subject
#21 Old 6th Jul 2019 at 5:26 PM
Thank you for creating this mod! I just noticed that the change career outfit cheat no longer works with this mod installed. Is anyone else having this issue?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#22 Old 6th Jul 2019 at 6:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RockstarRoman
Thank you for creating this mod! I just noticed that the change career outfit cheat no longer works with this mod installed. Is anyone else having this issue?

Hi! I tried this cheat with the mod installed and it seemed to work as far as entering CAS and allowing me to change and submit the career outfit. I did notice when my sim went to work, she didn't change into the outfit though. So, I took my mod out and tried again, but she still didn't change into her career outfit. I'm not sure if this was what you were experiencing or not, but it's possible this is an game glitch on its own. I feel that I've heard others saying that there was a glitch with career outfits after the update. Have you been able to successfully change the career outfit and has your sim changed into it without my mod after updating to the latest patch? If so, then maybe you are having some kind of mod conflict? I'm curious to know too if others are experiencing this or not.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 9th Jul 2019 at 8:12 PM
Hi, I like this mod and already have a fashion career mod but I can't see my sim during work as like the "Get To Work" Pack as a doctor how I can see my sim go to work and do daily task. How can I see my sim?
Test Subject
#24 Old 13th Jul 2019 at 12:43 AM
Yes, the same thing happened to me. I was able to go into CAS and change it, but my sim didn't actually use the outfit when she went to work. I took this mod out and I didn't have this issue anymore. Sucks because I love the idea for this mod, but I hate the default career outfits haha
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#25 Old 13th Jul 2019 at 1:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lonnekas@gmail.com
Hi, I like this mod and already have a fashion career mod but I can't see my sim during work as like the "Get To Work" Pack as a doctor how I can see my sim go to work and do daily task. How can I see my sim?

If this fashion career mod is not made to be compatible with my mod, it won't work properly. I'm not familiar with this career mod either, so I'm not sure why it's not doing what you're expecting it to do. Sorry I can't be more helpful.
Page 1 of 7