Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Mad Science Mad Love -Two Versions- --no cc--

by Jymn Posted 5th Jul 2019 at 1:32 PM - Updated 10th Apr 2020 at 9:40 AM by Jymn

13 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 7 Feedback Posts, 5 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Scholar
THANKS POST
#2 Old 5th Jul 2019 at 1:39 PM
I love the structure!! It's a masterpiece!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 5th Jul 2019 at 2:35 PM
Very creative!

You can actually use the extension without the driveway. Might need Moo's rotatable driveway mod, not quite sure, but I use just extensions all the time.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#4 Old 5th Jul 2019 at 2:48 PM Last edited by ScaryRob : 5th Jul 2019 at 3:03 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Very creative!

You can actually use the extension without the driveway. Might need Moo's rotatable driveway mod, not quite sure, but I use just extensions all the time.

Yeah, I think this is correct. I'm pretty sure I've plopped down an extension right at the sidewalk and it works just fine, including the garage door opening and closing. There just won't be the usual animation of the car coming and going.
Actually, I seem to remember that it's not possible to build walls right at the edge of the sidewalk, so I don't know how this creator did that. I could be mistaken about that, though.There are some pics of a house I made at the very bottom of this page, but in this case my wall is one square away from the sidewalk.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 5th Jul 2019 at 9:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Very creative!

Well that would certainly simplify things. I'll look into it
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 6th Jul 2019 at 12:23 AM
I am madly attracted to both versions!
Field Researcher
#7 Old 6th Jul 2019 at 10:46 AM
It's amazing how you make a space look so lush and opulent with only Maxis content! I love the bathroom with the curtain across the bath, and the way you combine flooring and walls.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 6th Jul 2019 at 7:22 PM
My first thought was:

...To the late night, double feature, picture show
In the back row
To the late night, double feature, picture show

I showed it to my husband, who began to sing:

There's a light...

Your house is very inspired, creative, and fantastic. Well done!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#9 Old 6th Jul 2019 at 8:46 PM
I agree with Pebblerocker; what you're able to do with no-cc builds is awe inspiring, and very few other TS2 creators here can match it. Thank you so much for your work in this little niche!

For me, it's especially great to see two versions of this lot, since swapping out versions of a lot is a kick I'm currently on. With yours, I'm thinking I might move some sims into the Sane version first, and then move them into the Mad version as they...deteriorate.
Theorist
THANKS POST
#10 Old 6th Jul 2019 at 9:34 PM
Well done!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 7th Jul 2019 at 12:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by natboopsie
I agree with Pebblerocker; what you're able to do with no-cc builds is awe inspiring, and very few other TS2 creators here can match it. Thank you so much for your work in this little niche!

For me, it's especially great to see two versions of this lot, since swapping out versions of a lot is a kick I'm currently on. With yours, I'm thinking I might move some sims into the Sane version first, and then move them into the Mad version as they...deteriorate.

I LOVE that idea!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#12 Old 7th Jul 2019 at 1:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ScaryRob
Yeah, I think this is correct. I'm pretty sure I've plopped down an extension right at the sidewalk and it works just fine, including the garage door opening and closing. There just won't be the usual animation of the car coming and going.
Actually, I seem to remember that it's not possible to build walls right at the edge of the sidewalk, so I don't know how this creator did that. I could be mistaken about that, though.There are some pics of a house I made at the very bottom of this page, but in this case my wall is one square away from the sidewalk.

@ScaryRob @Jymn Take a look at this house I uploaded in 2012 I have the wall and extension piece right next to the footpath. Also, this was before Moo's rotatable driveways so a mod isn't needed. http://www.modthesims.info/d/476981...olour-ways.html No doubt I had building cheats on.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
#13 Old 13th Jan 2022 at 2:37 PM
God, this is the perfect home for my characters, thank you so much!
Test Subject
#14 Old 24th Feb 2024 at 1:48 PM
Gorgeous. Than's so impressive!! Thank you <3