Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Servo - Complete Conversion

by Qahne Posted 18th Jul 2019 at 9:28 AM - Updated 29th Nov 2019 at 2:15 PM by Qahne

22 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 11 Feedback Posts, 10 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#2 Old 18th Jul 2019 at 11:24 AM
This set is freaking adorable! (Those pics are great. XD)
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#3 Old 18th Jul 2019 at 1:32 PM
Looks great! I definitely appreciate the time you put into this, modding is a long-term game. Thank you for sharing your talent with us!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#4 Old 18th Jul 2019 at 1:35 PM
Long time no see, for sure, but this is quality stuff. Love it!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 18th Jul 2019 at 3:53 PM
One can really tell how much thought and love of detail went into this! Great work!
Inventor
#6 Old 18th Jul 2019 at 7:09 PM Last edited by Naus Allien : 19th Jul 2019 at 10:46 PM.
I actually had a very early version of this project in my game, Qahne. I'm glad you've finally uploaded it and I'm looking forward to seeing the improvements you've made.

Servina, my family bot, will enjoy this updated version very much.
Screenshots
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 18th Jul 2019 at 8:07 PM
THANK YOU! I've been waiting for this mod even since I started playing Sims 3 and that was 7 years ago! Guess waiting has finally been worth it
Scholar
Original Poster
#8 Old 19th Jul 2019 at 6:20 AM
Thanks for the comments everyone! This would have been finished years and years ago if I stopped being distracted by other projects, it began in 2011 but I've basically worked on this for a couple of weeks at a time with six or nine months in between, not quite as long-term a game as it may seem!

Naus, hopefully you find this new version an improvement! I noticed your sim still has the LED eyes showing through; I tried my best to mitigate that in the heads themselves, but it doesn't always work, so I updated the archive here with a template Servo for the Plumbot Bin. Editing your bot and selecting that template should correct that issue for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jje1000
If this succeeds, then we will have driven a stake through the metaphorical heart of pudding.

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Now also on Tumblr !
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#9 Old 20th Jul 2019 at 1:36 AM
Wow it's cool to see you back (even for a little bit!)- nice job on this!
Inventor
#10 Old 20th Jul 2019 at 3:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Qahne
Editing your bot and selecting that template should correct that issue for you.

Worked like a charm!
Scholar
Original Poster
#11 Old 20th Jul 2019 at 6:34 PM
Thanks jje, but you have no business complimenting my work, it's stick figures compared to yours :D

Glad it helped Naus! Any further issues lemme know

Quote:
If this succeeds, then we will have driven a stake through the metaphorical heart of pudding.

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Now also on Tumblr !
Scholar
THANKS POST
#12 Old 2nd Aug 2019 at 5:52 AM
Oh that witch one looks so cute with it's hat on. Are the hats for plumbots only? I have similar hats from Murfee. She converted from Sims 2 I think.
Anyway this is a lovely mod. Very cute.
Scholar
Original Poster
#13 Old 3rd Aug 2019 at 5:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PuddingFace
Oh that witch one looks so cute with it's hat on. Are the hats for plumbots only? I have similar hats from Murfee. She converted from Sims 2 I think.
Anyway this is a lovely mod. Very cute.

Yep, the hats are only for robots!

Quote:

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Now also on Tumblr !
Field Researcher
#14 Old 7th Oct 2019 at 7:44 AM
Just out of curiosity, do you plan on creating Humanoid Parts for plumbots, or plumbot parts that enable Human looking plumbots (I know there is the Plumdroid method, but unfortunately it isn't compatible with Traveling to different worlds).

Check out my Patreon, I feature Artwork and Short Stories and Bio's about my own Personal Multiverse, as well as some CC I'll share for early release (nothing major right now though, Mainly just recategorized Maxis Content).

Become a Patron!
Scholar
Original Poster
#15 Old 15th Oct 2019 at 8:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Godzilla-Force
Just out of curiosity, do you plan on creating Humanoid Parts for plumbots, or plumbot parts that enable Human looking plumbots (I know there is the Plumdroid method, but unfortunately it isn't compatible with Traveling to different worlds).

I'm not sure what you mean by that. Could you explain a little better?

Quote:

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Now also on Tumblr !
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 26th Nov 2019 at 2:33 PM
Can you make this replace the SimBot?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#17 Old 1st Nov 2020 at 5:13 PM
There is a severe lack of Plumbot parts. Thank you for the conversion.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 31st Aug 2021 at 7:56 PM
Having Servos from the Into the Future expansion is the best, but having Servos from the Sims 2 is even best
Test Subject
#19 Old 1st Oct 2022 at 10:24 AM
I would like to ask are these servos working as robot and are they replace, or add to robots these body parts? I mean at robot creator CAS, or in sim family creator CAS?
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#20 Old 2nd Oct 2022 at 8:47 AM
Thanks a million :lovestruc
Scholar
Original Poster
#21 Old 7th Oct 2022 at 7:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by he84
I would like to ask are these servos working as robot and are they replace, or add to robots these body parts? I mean at robot creator CAS, or in sim family creator CAS?

They are custom robot parts for Create-a-Plumbot, the robot creator CAS. They don't replace anything, they're brand new standalone items. Also included is a template sim for the same mode. Any robot created in this mode is a working robot, regardless of what parts you use.

Quote:

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Now also on Tumblr !
Test Subject
#22 Old 14th Oct 2022 at 4:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Qahne
They are custom robot parts for Create-a-Plumbot, the robot creator CAS. They don't replace anything, they're brand new standalone items. Also included is a template sim for the same mode. Any robot created in this mode is a working robot, regardless of what parts you use.

Ok, i see, thank you this info. Then maybe i will try it. If i know well, i can build robots mainly if i went to the future and i got robot parts, right? Or at this servo we not should collect the parts for it to build servo robot(s)? Sorry, i never was in the future yet and idk how is it working, mainly with this servo robot mod.
Scholar
Original Poster
#23 Old 5th Nov 2022 at 12:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by he84
Ok, i see, thank you this info. Then maybe i will try it. If i know well, i can build robots mainly if i went to the future and i got robot parts, right? Or at this servo we not should collect the parts for it to build servo robot(s)? Sorry, i never was in the future yet and idk how is it working, mainly with this servo robot mod.

You don't need to collect the parts, they're just like clothes for Sims, they all are available from the Create a Bot screen without needing to do anything. You can create robots anywhere, you just need to buy the robot making machine from the catalog, it looks like a big golden egg.

Quote:

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Now also on Tumblr !