Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Asheville (Custom Scripting!) [BG Compatible - Read Desc!]

by cutupuss Posted 14th Aug 2019 at 4:26 PM - Updated 24th Sep 2019 at 10:37 PM by cutupuss

82 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 59 Feedback Posts, 22 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 4
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#2 Old 14th Aug 2019 at 5:05 PM
I'm confused. I have UC, so I will still have apartments and pets and all my stuff available, right?
Test Subject
#3 Old 14th Aug 2019 at 6:14 PM
When I tried to extract the files, it told me they were damaged
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 14th Aug 2019 at 6:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by smorbie1
I'm confused. I have UC, so I will still have apartments and pets and all my stuff available, right?

Yes, the hood will generate new templates just like any other hood does when you open it for the first time, although this can be stopped by deleting the neighbourhood template folders in the particular packs directory. Most people leave it in though.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 14th Aug 2019 at 6:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MarioXMan

that's odd. I just re-downloaded all the files and it worked perfectly. Mootilda's hood checker doesn't show anything abnormal, perhaps your download failed.

What program do you use to extract them?

Edit: I've noticed you commented this one someone's MTS kitchen set too, it therefore must be an issue on your end.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 14th Aug 2019 at 6:50 PM
Love the idea of custom notifications!! It’s downloaded fine And I’ll be playing it when I can after CC shopping :D
Mad Poster
#7 Old 14th Aug 2019 at 6:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cutupuss
Yes, the hood will generate new templates just like any other hood does when you open it for the first time, although this can be stopped by deleting the neighbourhood template folders in the particular packs directory. Most people leave it in though.

Thank you. Making grabby hands now :3

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 14th Aug 2019 at 6:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Taymiester
Love the idea of custom notifications!! It’s downloaded fine And I’ll be playing it when I can after CC shopping :D

Thank you, please make sure to tell me if there's any issues or anything!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#9 Old 14th Aug 2019 at 7:24 PM
EEEEEE TYSM <3 Loving this, I haven't played the hood yet but I'm 100% sure I'm going to give it a try!
Test Subject
#10 Old 14th Aug 2019 at 8:33 PM
Is there a recommended order of playing households (just like in premade hoods) ? I assume some events may interfere with others... I'm really interested in your upload though.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 14th Aug 2019 at 8:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sepowo
Is there a recommended order of playing households (just like in premade hoods) ? I assume some events may interfere with others... I'm really interested in your upload though.

This is only optional but in my opinion:

The Edfu family, they’re the easiest to play and have a lot of good things set up for them that take course after you play.

The wonder family, the teenager is linked to the teenager from the Edfu family.

Lancel / Starr (doesn’t matter which)

The crepster family. (They’re very difficult to play what with ghosts, disease and a family in termoil.)
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator THANKS POST
#12 Old 14th Aug 2019 at 8:56 PM
I don't know if it is just me, or notifications keep showing up everytime I load a family whether I saved that family before or not. If so, I hope you find a way to prevent that so you can inject that custom script within the neighborhood file - yeah I tried it and it works - and people will not need to download them seperately, or to delete the custom script when they are done with it. If it is just me, I still suggest you to inject it within the neighborhood file.

Nice work!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 14th Aug 2019 at 9:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mrcnlbyrk
I don't know if it is just me, or notifications keep showing up everytime I load a family whether I saved that family before or not. If so, I hope you find a way to prevent that so you can inject that custom script within the neighborhood file - yeah I tried it and it works - and people will not need to download them seperately, or to delete the custom script when they are done with it. If it is just me, I still suggest you to inject it within the neighborhood file.

Nice work!

Thanks!
Mad Poster
#14 Old 15th Aug 2019 at 1:53 AM
Sounds like every time you enter a house the same prompts will show up, which is why you recommend removing that mod when all the houses have been played. Correct?
What happens if I don't have celebration? Just missing some buyable items?

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Test Subject
#15 Old 15th Aug 2019 at 9:53 AM
When I'm in the neighborhood for a few seconds, my game crashes immediately. Have the UC and this correctly placed and also made the custom script to the downloads. Otherwise have no other downloads in it.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 15th Aug 2019 at 12:37 PM
Omg I Stan You Love This Hood <3
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 15th Aug 2019 at 1:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
Sounds like every time you enter a house the same prompts will show up, which is why you recommend removing that mod when all the houses have been played. Correct?
What happens if I don't have celebration? Just missing some buyable items?

Correct, it isn’t dangerous to keep the mod in if you don’t mind cancelling the notification every time the lot is loaded. I made sure to try and not use anything from celebration but if I accidentally did somewhere yes it will just be removed. I have already tested it out without celebration stuff installed and everything was there except for I think 1 house had a missing floor tile.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 15th Aug 2019 at 1:17 PM Last edited by cutupuss : 15th Aug 2019 at 2:32 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Shiipoopii
When I'm in the neighborhood for a few seconds, my game crashes immediately. Have the UC and this correctly placed and also made the custom script to the downloads. Otherwise have no other downloads in it.

I've now uploaded a new version which shouldn't crash. I realized the reason why it was crashing must've been due to me saving that specific folder whilst I was experimenting with graphics options.
Test Subject
#19 Old 15th Aug 2019 at 1:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cutupuss
that's odd. I just re-downloaded all the files and it worked perfectly. Mootilda's hood checker doesn't show anything abnormal, perhaps your download failed.

What program do you use to extract them?

Edit: I've noticed you commented this one someone's MTS kitchen set too, it therefore must be an issue on your end.

I'm just using 7 zip
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 15th Aug 2019 at 2:31 PM
Anyone experiencing crashes with the Ultimate Collection version, please re-download the NEW version available in the downloads tab now
Mad Poster
#21 Old 15th Aug 2019 at 5:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MarioXMan

You need to update your WinRAR and or 7zip to the newest version.

7zip: https://www.7-zip.org/
WinRAR: https://www.rarlab.com/download.htm

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#22 Old 15th Aug 2019 at 7:55 PM Last edited by grammapat : 16th Aug 2019 at 6:22 PM.
Corrections
So far: in the Wonder house mom ("wants to get engaged to Roger"), Roger and her are standing in the bedroom. Before I could do anything Roger asks if she wants to meet his friend Milt, which created a DATE, which created slapping etc. funny. I quite without saving. Next time he just tells her she will get a promotion, and she proposes.
FYI:
Eve had a daughter Molly, who is missing, but she has no memory of her running away..Floss was adopted, but is NOT on family tree
ERROR -- Don't know where I got "Floss" from; Molly is girl Eve "took in", but didn't adopt so don't know why she shows on Eve's tree. Missing Molly and her dead father should be on Eve's tree (but aren't). I understand now why Eve doesn't have Molly on her list of people she knows (so she can't just call her), and why she doesn't remember her running away; I think Molly didn't run away from Eve's house, but from the man who kidnapped her!
In the Lancel house brother & sister have no bios. I guess figuring out what that is all about is a mystery...like I can't even FIND Molly.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#23 Old 15th Aug 2019 at 10:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
So far: in the Wonder house mom ("wants to get engaged to Roger"), Roger and her are standing in the bedroom. Before I could do anything Roger asks if she wants to meet his friend Milt, which created a DATE, which created slapping etc. I quite without saving. Next time he just tells her she will get a promotion, and she proposes. YRI:
Eve had a daughter Molly, who is missing, but she has no memory of her running away..Floss was adopted, but is NOT on family tree. In the Lancel house brother & sister have no bios. I guess figuring out what that is all about is a mystery...like I can't even FIND Molly.

Floss isn't on the family tree because she's connected to her original parents on the family tree but she is still considered "family" to Eve in the relationship panel.

Eve doesn't know Molly ran away because she wasn't there when Molly went missing. (She's missing based on foul play so adding that she ran away would seem like Molly did it intentionally)

Lancel family's bios aren't available on the disk version, as I had forgotten but they're available in the ultimate collection version.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#24 Old 15th Aug 2019 at 10:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by marka93
You need to update your WinRAR and or 7zip to the newest version.

7zip: https://www.7-zip.org/
WinRAR: https://www.rarlab.com/download.htm

Thanks for helping out here and checking out my hood! I love the hood recreations you guys build it must take so long!
Mad Poster
#25 Old 15th Aug 2019 at 10:34 PM Last edited by grammapat : 16th Aug 2019 at 12:44 AM.
Default more
EEK! Tried to move bin family Douglas into house "1 Empire Road" - game crashed. Reloaded and tried to enter - crashed. So I assume problem is with house, not family.
MORE: tried taking a sim to Ancient Ashes Supermarket (hoping to find graves) - crashed. Are there graves here (or some other lot?)

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Page 1 of 4