Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Realistic Reactions Mod

by scaldwellhu Posted 9th Aug 2019 at 4:56 PM - Updated 26th Jul 2021 at 7:00 AM by scaldwellhu : 6/19/21: Various Bug Fixes, a few new features, and chinese translation

355 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 258 Feedback Posts, 96 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 15
Scholar
THANKS POST
#2 Old 9th Aug 2019 at 7:29 PM Last edited by FzzyDg8 : 9th Aug 2019 at 7:56 PM.
Great idea; I've downloaded and will be using it, but I have one question, do you have any plans to expand your mod to include the unmarried sims who are in a love or soul mate relationship? I've seen so much cheating going on with sims who have an established love relationship with another sim and it's kind of infuriating to see them get away with it. I have been longing to see guilty sims finally getting caught as a result of poor decision making. Thank you for sharing this!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Aug 2019 at 11:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FzzyDg8
Great idea; I've downloaded and will be using it, but I have one question, do you have any plans to expand your mod to include the unmarried sims who are in a love or soul mate relationship? I've seen so much cheating going on with sims who have an established love relationship with another sim and it's kind of infuriating to see them get away with it. I have been longing to see guilty sims finally getting caught as a result of poor decision making. Thank you for sharing this!

Hello! Yes, I'm definitely going to expand it to unmarried sims. A lot of options will be coming soon in an update (including menus to toggle options for individual sims as well )
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 10th Aug 2019 at 1:09 AM
Great mod! Definitely waiting for more interesting combinations and fleshed gameplay! ^^
Test Subject
#5 Old 10th Aug 2019 at 1:19 AM
Hi, do both modules can be installed together?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 10th Aug 2019 at 1:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by dhikaodonk
Hi, do both modules can be installed together?

Yes, both can be installed together or separately
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#7 Old 10th Aug 2019 at 9:13 AM
Much needed

You know what bugs me the most?! If someone else flirt with your sim's spouse/boyfriend/girlfriend etc they still get angry with them even if they refused the flirt, and not with the sim who flirted with them, and there is no way to solve it, like telling the spouse it was the other sim fault and remove the moodlets from them.
Test Subject
#8 Old 10th Aug 2019 at 2:46 PM
Does the Forgive for Cheating is only available if the married couples never had a fight from "Fight for Cheating" interaction? My sims was going to forgive her spouse but I don't see the option under the Friendly menu.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 10th Aug 2019 at 2:58 PM
Ohh! I cant wait to see what else is added to this mod!
Scholar
#10 Old 10th Aug 2019 at 3:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by scaldwellhu
Hello! Yes, I'm definitely going to expand it to unmarried sims. A lot of options will be coming soon in an update (including menus to toggle options for individual sims as well )

You have just made this simmer very happy, thank you!!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 10th Aug 2019 at 9:22 PM
Does the Forgive for Cheating is only available if the married couples never had a fight from "Fight for Cheating" interaction? My sims was going to forgive her spouse but I don't see the option under the Friendly menu.

Hello! It should still appear. I'm going to do some tests to investigate. Thank you!!
Test Subject
#12 Old 11th Aug 2019 at 1:14 AM
Also to point out that, The Angry buff for cheated spouse expired prematurely without the sim doing anything calm him/herself down. The Embarrased Moodlet for the cheater is fine though. Other than that I love this mod it makes sims less robotic with their reaction. Though I hope you can make the new interaction autonomous depending on both parties traits. Such as automatically fight if the cheated spouse has mean or evil trait.
Inventor
THANKS POST
#13 Old 11th Aug 2019 at 6:23 PM
Well, this sounds like a very useful mod, thank you!!!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 11th Aug 2019 at 8:51 PM
Also to point out that, The Angry buff for cheated spouse expired prematurely without the sim doing anything calm him/herself down. The Embarrased Moodlet for the cheater is fine though. Other than that I love this mod it makes sims less robotic with their reaction. Though I hope you can make the new interaction autonomous depending on both parties traits. Such as automatically fight if the cheated spouse has mean or evil trait.

That's a great idea! Working on updates now, so will investigate how to make this work.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 12th Aug 2019 at 3:03 AM
thank you sooo much for this mod! i only have the base game right now and this does so much for gameplay. i agree with others, i think expanding it to unmarried sims in romantic relationships would be a good idea! can't wait for potential updates in the future. thanks again!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 12th Aug 2019 at 10:06 AM
I've been wanting this feature so badly after having in TS3! Thank you so much! I can't wait to see what you add to it! :D
Test Subject
#17 Old 12th Aug 2019 at 1:32 PM
Hey, I am a Chinese player. Can I translate your mod into Chinese and share to my people? I will definitely credit you and post your link. And of course I will give you my translation work if you want, so that you can attach it to your mod. Thanks and best wishes!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 13th Aug 2019 at 5:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mency1129
Hey, I am a Chinese player. Can I translate your mod into Chinese and share to my people? I will definitely credit you and post your link. And of course I will give you my translation work if you want, so that you can attach it to your mod. Thanks and best wishes!

Hello. Yes, feel free to translate!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#19 Old 13th Aug 2019 at 3:29 PM
That's a great idea! Working on updates now, so will investigate how to make this work.

loot the angry flirty spouse buff for removal, on removal of the buff, add a loot to re-add it... that could be a way.
Test Subject
#20 Old 13th Aug 2019 at 11:41 PM
Hello. Yes, feel free to translate!

Thank you so much!
One question, why I can't find "Convince That Your Cheating Is Their Fault" interaction? I've tried so many methods, even removing all other mods I have.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 14th Aug 2019 at 9:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mency1129
Thank you so much!
One question, why I can't find "Convince That Your Cheating Is Their Fault" interaction? I've tried so many methods, even removing all other mods I have.

Hello. Currently, that interaction is set as to appear for the cheater under mean interactions when clicking on their spouse that they cheated on (after the person cheats and receives the "Caught Cheating" moodlet). If that buff is removed either by it expiring or their spouse forgiving them, the interaction goes away. Can you try it with having the desired sim cheat and see if it appears under the mean category?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#22 Old 14th Aug 2019 at 9:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Zer0_
loot the angry flirty spouse buff for removal, on removal of the buff, add a loot to re-add it... that could be a way.

Thank you! That works perfectly. Will add it to the next update
Test Subject
#23 Old 14th Aug 2019 at 1:37 PM
Will this conflict with Roburky's meaningful stories?
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 14th Aug 2019 at 3:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nerdgirlsimmer
Will this conflict with Roburky's meaningful stories?

No the creator of the mod says it will intensify the buffs. Read the description.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#25 Old 14th Aug 2019 at 3:49 PM
Thank you for creating this mod. I can tell you put a lot of thought and hard work into making this happen. I can't wait to play with this mod
Page 1 of 15