Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Dining Mods

by simler90 Posted 14th Sep 2019 at 6:04 PM - Updated 27th Sep 2022 at 5:20 AM by simler90

17 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 8 Feedback Posts, 8 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Mad Poster
#2 Old 14th Sep 2019 at 7:13 PM
I appreciate that you explain how to tune the mod to allow larger groups (I would want to make groups as large as six, personally ). Is it possible to tune the relationship value threshold? 5/0 seems really low to me! That's the equivalent of sitting down to dinner with someone you literally just met!
Edit: actually, I think I already have (at least most of) the functionality I want in nodinningwithscum from MATY. Though that one does seem to be just aimed at playable sims rather than townies.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#3 Old 15th Sep 2019 at 4:14 AM
Oh..how lovely. I can imagine my other playable family dine together. Thank you so much!!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#4 Old 15th Sep 2019 at 1:46 PM
Thank heavens for modders, who fix EA's oversights! What were they thinking of, not to update this to include other social groups? Thank you for doing so.
Test Subject
#5 Old 15th Sep 2019 at 2:02 PM
Great idea! I agree with Rosawyn, it would be great to make relationship requirment higher, even better if we could tune it ourselfs (with your instructions of course)
What always bugged me that if there were some family members of not-currently-playable family that they wouldn't dine together. Like it would be cool to see a married couple on dinner, or maybe a family dinner, friends/best friends. Is there any priorities set for that? So the game has priority to high level relationships, first family/romance, then friends, and only if there are none on the lot would form a group of lower relationship levels. If not, could you make them, if it's not too hard and you're intrested of course?
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 15th Sep 2019 at 2:50 PM
Default I don't see a "bottom number." Help?
I tried to tune your mod from 3 to 4, since most of my restaurants have 4-person tables. I got to the Local 0x0000 == Literal 0x0003 line okay, but there was a table of many numbers, and none of them looked like THE bottom number. I'm attaching a screenshot. Did you mean that we should change the "3" in Local 0x0000 == Literal 0x0003 to another number, or what?

Sorry for the confusion!

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Test Subject
#7 Old 15th Sep 2019 at 4:49 PM
It's on the line called "Operands" the third number there - 03. Or you could click on the hummer and wrench icon and change number 3 in there, its the same thing i think. And yes, it supposed to change the 3 in the Literal. Also i think that you'll need to set it to 04, not just 4, unless you use the hummer and wrench button, then its just 4.
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 15th Sep 2019 at 8:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SweetSweet
It's on the line called "Operands" the third number there - 03. Or you could click on the hummer and wrench icon and change number 3 in there, its the same thing i think. And yes, it supposed to change the 3 in the Literal. Also i think that you'll need to set it to 04, not just 4, unless you use the hummer and wrench button, then its just 4.

Thank you!

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#9 Old 16th Sep 2019 at 1:33 AM
This is wonderful. When my families o out to dinner it would be nice to see others interacting at the rest of the tables. The way it is, it seems like the whole town is full of antisocial or introverted sims. Thanks so much.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#10 Old 17th Sep 2019 at 3:07 PM
thank you
Field Researcher
#11 Old 23rd Jun 2020 at 2:07 AM
I'm glad that the game will now check for all sims now but is there a way to incorporate or make it compatible with Pescado's 'no dining with scum' mod? Where a check is made so that actual friends are more likely to group up? Thanks
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#12 Old 28th Jan 2021 at 8:53 PM
OH MY FRICKING GOOOOOODDDDD THANKYOUUUUUUU FOR THIIIIIIIS "Restaurant Food Bar Drink Fix"
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#13 Old 21st Feb 2021 at 1:07 PM
Thank you for this Dining Group Mod, I'm not aware that such a fix existed already, and it's so very useful.

All those lonely diners were so depressing and unrealistic.

Our local dictator placed my whole country under house arrest IRL, but al least my sims can freely dine out I guess.
Test Subject
#14 Old 18th Jun 2021 at 2:06 AM
I think the FoodServeEatMod made it so that my sim couldn't get their espresso after they ordered it? I had to have them order a second one and then they could pick up the one that was already on the counter.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 26th Oct 2022 at 3:59 AM
You're singlehandedly fixing this game and making it even more amazing!
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 15th Mar 2023 at 8:28 PM
The FoodServeEatMod conflicts with Cyjon's Smarter Food Serving, and Cyjon's mod appears to have a lot more features, so I guess I'll stick with that one unless the features ever get merged.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 24th Oct 2023 at 10:41 PM
This is amazing, thank you!
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 2nd Apr 2024 at 3:27 AM
"This is a problem, because most players lock the doors of their kitchens in their restaurants, which prevents customers from tipping the chef, and sometimes the waiters as well."

Who does that and how do you even know that?