Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Higher Hot Air Balloon

by heaven Posted 11th Oct 2019 at 8:19 PM

14 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 1 Feedback Posts, 12 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 11th Oct 2019 at 9:02 PM
That's really GORGEOUS and so much needed! Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 11th Oct 2019 at 9:07 PM
This is amazing! Can't wait to include this improved balloon in my lots :D
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#4 Old 11th Oct 2019 at 9:15 PM
I don't even think the slight pauses in the animation are an issue.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 11th Oct 2019 at 10:50 PM
Wow this is so cool! Thank you
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#6 Old 12th Oct 2019 at 2:47 AM
Thank you! I now have a good reason to install Aurora Skies.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#7 Old 12th Oct 2019 at 7:14 AM
Thank goodness for modders like yourself otherwise Sims 3 would be a so so game
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 12th Oct 2019 at 3:39 PM
Waaaah! Now it makes sense for my sims to use the balloon * o * ~
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#9 Old 12th Oct 2019 at 4:24 PM Last edited by MissPat : 14th Oct 2019 at 12:21 AM.
I have never had the occasion of testing the hot air balloon but from screenshots and youtube videos it *did* look disappointing. Thanks for fixing this hot mess (pun intended)!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#10 Old 16th Oct 2019 at 12:57 PM
Thank you, thank you so much!
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 17th Oct 2019 at 2:20 PM
Default Question
"Some people worked around this by placing the balloon on highrises or platforms, but this made 'traveling' problematic because the balloon was unable to land back on said platform."

- Does it fix this traveling problematic when placing on highrises/platforms ?
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#12 Old 17th Oct 2019 at 3:12 PM Last edited by heaven : 19th Oct 2019 at 11:14 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by SecretX
"Some people worked around this by placing the balloon on highrises or platforms, but this made 'traveling' problematic because the balloon was unable to land back on said platform."

- Does it fix this traveling problematic when placing on highrises/platforms ?

This won't fix that behavior, no. The balloon is meant to land on the ground and looks for a large open patch to do so. It doesn't see open places above ground level (even flat roofs) as acceptable landing spots and I didn't change any code related to that. However, the need to put the balloon on a platform in the first place so it rises an acceptable amount off the ground is what I have fixed.

Of course, you can still put this balloon on platforms and highrises if you want. But you still won't want to use the 'travel to' option if you do.

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Undead Molten Llama
THANKS POST
#13 Old 19th Oct 2019 at 12:56 AM
Oh, THANK YOU! This issue was pretty much my only irritation with Aurora Skies, and...you've fixed it! YAAAAAY! :D
Scholar
THANKS POST
#14 Old 12th Nov 2019 at 4:26 PM
Do you think something like this could be possible for the brooms that witches use?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#15 Old 1st Nov 2020 at 5:10 PM
I like when someone discoveres an unused pieces of code in a game and does something with it.