Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Snow but better! - Snow replacement mod

by Lyralei Posted 20th Oct 2019 at 4:42 PM - Updated 28th Sep 2022 at 3:30 PM by Lyralei

46 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 12 Feedback Posts, 33 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 20th Oct 2019 at 5:21 PM
Can't wait to test this out.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#3 Old 20th Oct 2019 at 5:25 PM
I was following your mod thread on MTS and your mod update on Tumblr - this is super exciting! I'm secretly hoping your version reduces the lagfest that EA snow generates. Thank you so much for sharing your work with us, so appreciated.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#4 Old 20th Oct 2019 at 5:41 PM
Looks great!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 21st Oct 2019 at 8:56 AM
I love it! Thank you!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#6 Old 21st Oct 2019 at 9:17 AM
It's so pretty in game! I love it, Thank you!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#7 Old 21st Oct 2019 at 9:52 AM
You're awesome. Thank you so much for fixing the grass patch!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#8 Old 21st Oct 2019 at 10:04 AM
Excellent work, congrats! I cannot wait to see this mod in action in my wintry saves!
Theorist
#9 Old 21st Oct 2019 at 1:44 PM
That's so great looking comparing to EA! Especially for paths and windows! Do you has any pics to see how the snow looks half melted?
Many thanks for this mod. Vic ^_^

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#10 Old 21st Oct 2019 at 7:09 PM
This looks great! I'm putting in my game. Maybe now I can actually stand to have snow! I couldn't stand playing with EA's snow, so usually just turn off the snow.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 21st Oct 2019 at 7:49 PM
Looks amazing! I have a fairly low end PC, how much does it affect performance?
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#12 Old 21st Oct 2019 at 11:55 PM
So much more realistic and yet still simmy- thank you!!
Theorist
THANKS POST
#13 Old 22nd Oct 2019 at 6:19 PM
It looks good in game. Thanks a lot!
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
Original Poster
#14 Old 22nd Oct 2019 at 6:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by samples_87
Looks amazing! I have a fairly low end PC, how much does it affect performance?

Hiya!

preformance should be basically the same as EA's. Unortunately that's something I can't fix :/. Although I will be honest, I haven't seen the texture changes yet on the lowest of settings but this should if IIRC just result into a white terrain rather than a textured one, because EA made the snow's graphics act that way
Undead Molten Llama
THANKS POST
#15 Old 22nd Oct 2019 at 11:03 PM
I just wanted to pop in and say that I love how this looks in-game. I don't play TS3 all that often, but I put this in just to check it out and I love it. I love that it's less-bright than the EA snow, which just looked unrealistic to me and, being photosensitive, it sort of hurt my eyes, too.

I don't know if you're planning to replace the falling snowflakes, but if you are, there's a cute replacement for TS2 that makes the falling flakes look like actual snowflakes. I was thinking maybe you could lift the textures from that, but I can't seem find a link right now. :\ I'll come back and edit this when I dig it up...
Virtual gardener
Original Poster
#16 Old 25th Oct 2019 at 1:36 PM
First off, thank you so much! I really appreciate the feedback!

@iCad That sounds interesting! If you have a link i'm more than happy to check it out to see how to improve this mod more and more!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#17 Old 25th Oct 2019 at 8:18 PM
Your's snow, ice stuff is very, very beautiful. Thank you!!
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 27th Oct 2019 at 1:30 AM
Can we get an version of this for ts4?
Virtual gardener
Original Poster
#19 Old 27th Oct 2019 at 3:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ReeceBar
Can we get an version of this for ts4?

I was looking into it myrself but I personally only know the basics of making ts4 stuff. So once I release V2 then I'm all fine for looking into it Unless anyone else wants to convert it (With my permission of course) i'm all fine with it!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 27th Oct 2019 at 7:30 PM
Awesome job!
Scholar
#21 Old 5th Nov 2019 at 7:51 AM
This really is a vast improvement. Just to pick two things: I can actually see tyre tracks on the roads and windows actually do look frosted, rather than simply misted up. Winter looks... well, wintery. Great job!

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Instructor
THANKS POST
#22 Old 6th Nov 2019 at 11:23 AM
Looks amazing, can't wait to try!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 21st Nov 2019 at 7:25 AM
Oh wow, what an achievement! Nothing quite like finding out that mods previously thought impossible actually ARE possible. Thank you for sharing.

Do you know if the world textures (not the terrain paints, but the CAW grass and such that you can't edit ingame) could be replaced in a similar manner? One thing that constantly turns me from a few of the TS3 worlds is the bright green grass. What I wouldn't give to replace it. If you think the process would be similar, would you be able to point me in the direction of the tools you used? I'm acquainted with Skyrim modding but not so much with textures!
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 21st Nov 2019 at 5:04 PM
This is amazing! Having this in TS4 as well would be incredible!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#25 Old 22nd Nov 2019 at 6:29 AM
Now this is what this community is about, making things better! this is not good, this is the best out there from this year or so!
Page 1 of 2