Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Portable objects for kids UPDATED december 2019

by FloTheory Posted 8th Nov 2019 at 5:55 PM - Updated 25th Nov 2020 at 9:27 PM by FloTheory

17 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 7 Feedback Posts, 9 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Space Pony
THANKS POST
#2 Old 8th Nov 2019 at 8:51 PM
This is great finally i can go to camping trips with the Sim family and can take care of the baby at the same time Thanks !
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Nov 2019 at 11:07 PM
I'm glad you enjoy the mod, you're very welcome
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#4 Old 9th Nov 2019 at 4:11 AM
Ooo I like this!!!!!
Senior Moderator
staff: senior moderator THANKS POST
#5 Old 9th Nov 2019 at 10:26 AM
This will be so helpful thank you very much!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#6 Old 9th Nov 2019 at 2:54 PM
My first thought reading the caption on the preview pic was "oh cool, I've always wanted a portable baby!" I should probably go to bed now. XD
Anyway, this is a great idea and I'll probably get a LOT of use out of it. Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 9th Nov 2019 at 2:58 PM
Awesome mod! THANKS!
Instructor
Original Poster
#8 Old 9th Nov 2019 at 5:40 PM Last edited by Anitaka00 : 9th Nov 2019 at 9:18 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Lilithmae1231
My first thought reading the caption on the preview pic was "oh cool, I've always wanted a portable baby!" I should probably go to bed now. XD
Anyway, this is a great idea and I'll probably get a LOT of use out of it. Thanks!

Haha I'm glad you like the mod!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#9 Old 10th Nov 2019 at 2:44 AM
You know what, it gets me wondering if your set could be used in Nraas mods, to push parent townies to lots and autonomously potty train their children to make the town parenting system more realistic. That'd be awesome. Will give it a try.

Anyway - thanks for making parenting easier on sims! Why would neighbour invite you to parties and not have cribs over there? So rude! Your mod is game-changing.
Instructor
Original Poster
#10 Old 10th Nov 2019 at 9:56 AM Last edited by Anitaka00 : 12th Dec 2019 at 2:35 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by MissPat
You know what, it gets me wondering if your set could be used in Nraas mods, to push parent townies to lots and autonomously potty train their children to make the town parenting system more realistic. That'd be awesome. Will give it a try.

Anyway - thanks for making parenting easier on sims! Why would neighbour invite you to parties and not have cribs over there? So rude! Your mod is game-changing.

E : Bringing our crib to neighbours' is now possible :D!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#11 Old 15th Jan 2020 at 5:46 PM
Thanks! This should help in my 100 baby challenge.
Test Subject
#12 Old 3rd Mar 2020 at 3:30 PM
Thanks ! Is there a way to add more objects on your list ? exemple : chair / sofa / bed etc...
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 13th Mar 2020 at 3:45 AM
gracias
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 13th Mar 2020 at 3:45 AM
gracias
Instructor
Original Poster
#15 Old 13th Mar 2020 at 11:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gameswaltz
Thanks ! Is there a way to add more objects on your list ? exemple : chair / sofa / bed etc...

Hello!
Sorry for the late answer, yes sure, if you don't already have it, here is the code :

using Sims3.Gameplay.Abstracts;
using Sims3.Gameplay.Actors;
using Sims3.Gameplay.ActorSystems;
using Sims3.Gameplay.Interfaces;
using Sims3.Gameplay.ObjectComponents;
using Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Toys.Mimics;
using Sims3.SimIFace;
using Sims3.SimIFace.CustomContent;

public class PortableActivityTable : ActivityTableTurtle, IPlaceableObject, IHasRouteRadius, IGameObject, IScriptObject, IScriptLogic, IHasScriptProxy, IObjectUI, IExportableContent
{
public bool CanBeStowedInWorld => !GameUtils.IsAnyTravelBasedWorld();

public bool BeingPlaced
{
get
{
return true;
}
set
{
value = true;
}
}

public bool Placed
{
get
{
return GameUtils.IsAnyTravelBasedWorld();
}
set
{
}
}

public bool CanBePutInInventory => base.ActorsUsingMe.Count == 0;

public bool CanBePlacedOnOtherResidentialLots => true;

public float CarryRouteToObjectRadius => 0.5f;

public new event ObjectDisposedEvent ObjectDisposed;

public void PostPlacedBehavior(Sim actor)
{
}

public override void OnStartup()
{
AddComponent<ItemComponent>(new object[1]
{
ItemComponent.SimInventoryItem
});
base.OnStartup();
}

public override bool HandToolAllowPickupOnOtherResidentialLots()
{
return true;
}
}
Instructor
Original Poster
#16 Old 13th Mar 2020 at 11:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TadOlson
Thanks! This should help in my 100 baby challenge.

Hello!

I love that challenge (never done it myself though), don't hesitate and show a picture of your challenge with the mod, I'd be glad to see that :D
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 7th Dec 2022 at 12:24 AM
This mod/object is exactly what I have been looking for!

I am playing the Homeless Challenge. My sim spends her nights sleeping in Central Park or in the abandoned junkyard in winter. My homeless sim recently had a baby.

My sim had salvaged a cheap crib from the junkyard. This meant that it went into the Sim's family inventory and not personal inventory. Not even the "Buy on this lot" cheat would let me access the family inventory on community lots. So, she spent 3 sleepless days while her baby cried himself to sleep.

The baby has now become a toddler. My sim, while staying in Central Park, had rolled the want to potty train her toddler. I bought the portable potty chair, was able to place it in front of the toilets in Central Park, empty it, and put it back into the personal inventory without any problems.
Test Subject
#18 Old 19th Jan 2024 at 4:38 AM
Portable infant/toddle furnishings is brilliant!
I'm so happy that this mod gives my sim the opportunity to be a provider for his girlfriend/mistress townie!! Hooray!

Prior to this mod, it was a world of sad.
After a pregnancy, a baby would return to the (npc) mother's residence
where the infant was plopped on the floor like discarded rubbish.
My sim could offer no furnishings of comfort for the babe because... it was not my sim's residence.

But NOW, and with this mod, all of that changes!
My sim can simply load up his backpack with the Kinder Kontainer (cheap crib)
and place it at his girlfriend's residence.
Whoopie! So thrilled!

#TheSims3LivesOn