Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Tokyo Mashup: City Block for Gym

by Flora2 Posted 10th Nov 2019 at 6:45 PM

20 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 6 Feedback Posts, 13 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#2 Old 10th Nov 2019 at 7:10 PM
That's properly dense, that, I'd probably have started with a 64x64 lot and overwhelmed myself immediately. That's how it usually goes.
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Nov 2019 at 7:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AGuyCalledPi
That's properly dense, that, I'd probably have started with a 64x64 lot and overwhelmed myself immediately. That's how it usually goes.

Nah, I figured out how to avoid that: first I had a 20x15 townhouse already, and I placed it on a 40x20 lot. Then I built it around to fill the 40x20, then when it was more or less finished, I placed it on a 40x40 lot, and I resumed building around. It's a very convenient method to avoid being overwhelmed because of starting with a huge empty lot.
Staff - Moderator
staff: moderator THANKS POST
#4 Old 10th Nov 2019 at 8:01 PM
This looks like yet another great creation.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#5 Old 10th Nov 2019 at 8:26 PM
A good day today, if you share a lot! Thanks for another wonderful creation!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#6 Old 10th Nov 2019 at 8:41 PM
I love your sims 3 creations.. They look so authentic.. I've completely downloaded all of your 20's lots.. Gives Roaring heights a seedy more macabre kind of feel. I wish someone would make a less sunshiny 20's world.. lol (hint)
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#7 Old 10th Nov 2019 at 8:47 PM
This is really wonderful! Love it, as well as your other creations! Great Job!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#8 Old 11th Nov 2019 at 1:29 AM
Absolutely fabulous, as always, thank you very much!
Theorist
THANKS POST
#9 Old 11th Nov 2019 at 8:13 AM
Nice district view for gym! Regards. Vic ^_^
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 11th Nov 2019 at 4:23 PM
Thanks so much for this! You're my favorite creator. Looking forward to adding this to my save.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 11th Nov 2019 at 4:59 PM
Totally cool build! Well done!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#12 Old 12th Nov 2019 at 1:14 PM
Hey what world are you using for your Japan save? will you consider maybe in the future when it's 'finished' sharing your save? Because what I can see in your screenshots is so much better than anything I could come up with. It's so authentic, congratulations!
Test Subject
#13 Old 12th Nov 2019 at 4:24 PM
I love your builds, they are so unique, thank you
Instructor
Original Poster
#14 Old 12th Nov 2019 at 5:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Eira_Karanir
Hey what world are you using for your Japan save? will you consider maybe in the future when it's 'finished' sharing your save? Because what I can see in your screenshots is so much better than anything I could come up with. It's so authentic, congratulations!

The world is EA Bridgeport (ellacharmed's version with routing fixes). This community lot is placed where the default Eugi's club and the Cinemaplex theater rabbithole are.
I bulldozed all original EA buildings, but I kept the original CAW lot sizes. I started to fill the downtown part with builds 2 years ago, and it's far from finished, probably never will be, so I don't have plans to share. And not only because it's so unfinished (see the attached pic where you can see that only the center of the map is built-in) but because I had to accept the fact after 2 years that, from the bird's eye view, it doesn't look Tokyo-ish - maybe not even Japanese - so I'm not satisfied with it. (Yet. It's constantly under construction.)

So why do I upload lots for this style then? I'm totally aware that very few players are interested to play in a neighborhood like this, but exactly because it's so "niche", there are not many downloadable TS3 lots like this - so I want to serve the "out of mainstream" players. Maybe they build a better-looking world.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#15 Old 12th Nov 2019 at 6:51 PM
Have you though about maybe using Bankenshima and adding lots of your liking in Edit world?
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#16 Old 13th Nov 2019 at 3:25 AM
Nice
Instructor
Original Poster
#17 Old 13th Nov 2019 at 9:45 AM Last edited by Floraflora2 : 24th Nov 2019 at 11:13 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Eira_Karanir
Have you though about maybe using Bankenshima and adding lots of your liking in Edit world?

Yes, actually I did! Bankenshima has a different vision than mine (my vision is more Shinjuku-ish; Bankenshima more small town-ish, suburban, and the city parts are more historical/Edwardian), so I couldn't find lots there for me. I also tried to raid Tokyoko by Dels (if I remember well) but all the high-rises that I liked in Tokyoko proved to be empty shells without even inner walls, so I decided it's simpler if I start to build my own from scratch.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#18 Old 13th Nov 2019 at 12:31 PM
I thought the same, what I usually do is save the lots from the world I like and then try to use them somewhere else... What I find useful is Tokyo World by Noiranddark, it's big enough to make two types of neighbourhood (although I wish it had a bigger port part) and maybe you could find it useful? The lot sizes are kind of wonky in some places, but I found that you can delete and place your own sizes in Edit world. And, the caw deco it comes with helps a lot
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 14th Nov 2019 at 5:01 PM
Thank you soooo much for this!! Your buildings help me fill my Tokyo world faster while giving it an awesome look!! (•ө•)♡
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#20 Old 9th Feb 2020 at 10:44 AM
Thank you so much for all your Japanese style lots! I've been working on turning Bridgeport into something Japanese-inspired and your lots are saving me so much time. You've done a beautiful job capturing the look of Japanese streets, and it's super impressive you did it all without CC!
Instructor
Original Poster
#21 Old 10th Feb 2020 at 8:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by KawaiiTan
Thank you soooo much for this!! Your buildings help me fill my Tokyo world faster while giving it an awesome look!! (•ө•)♡

KawaiiTan, I found your Tumblr and I bookmarked it, following your posts and progress, you are an awesome builder! I'm an admirer of your work.

Quote: Originally posted by melynx
Thank you so much for all your Japanese style lots! I've been working on turning Bridgeport into something Japanese-inspired and your lots are saving me so much time. You've done a beautiful job capturing the look of Japanese streets, and it's super impressive you did it all without CC!

Thank you, it's good to know that I'm not alone with this mania. I feel myself less insane. If you have any suggestion or opinion about what to build for a project like this (are the bigger lots better or the tinier ones? what kind of lots are we missing: hotels? host clubs? Japanese garden-style city park ? is it pointless to build traffic junctions with pedestrian bridges?), don't hesitate to comment about it, it may give me helpful ideas.