Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Stormwall - Medieval Walled City - NO CC

by Zarathustra Posted 13th Dec 2019 at 7:18 PM - Updated 26th Dec 2022 at 5:13 PM by Zarathustra

33 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 12 Feedback Posts, 20 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#2 Old 13th Dec 2019 at 9:42 PM
If I weren't afraid of my computer keeling over from this lot, I'd download it for my medieval game. It's lovely!
Alchemist
THANKS POST
#3 Old 13th Dec 2019 at 9:57 PM
This is incredible.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 13th Dec 2019 at 11:09 PM
It looks well thought out. Can't wait to try it.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#5 Old 13th Dec 2019 at 11:36 PM
Amazing as always. Your builds never cease to amaze me.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#6 Old 14th Dec 2019 at 12:49 AM
Your lots are truly fascinating and inspirational!! I love the way you creatively use objects and their placement to produce unique effects. I am always astounded, often inspired, and indubitably impressed when I view your work! My head explodes, and i'm like, "omigosh! i have to try that!!" ...still working out that beaver damn you created on one of your previous lots.

Thank you so much for sharing your talent. Going through your uploads is almost like walking through a museum of art!

-grinEvilly
>=)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#7 Old 14th Dec 2019 at 3:16 AM
I always get excited when I see you've posted a new upload. The thought and detail you put into your lots always amazes me, and if I wasn't afraid my computer would explode I would have every one of your lots in my game. Amazing!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#8 Old 14th Dec 2019 at 4:41 PM
I am simply speechless!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#9 Old 16th Dec 2019 at 11:26 AM
Zara I Looooove You!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#10 Old 17th Dec 2019 at 7:01 AM
Z, hun, you're too good at this. You're making the rest of us look bad XD
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#11 Old 20th Dec 2019 at 7:03 AM
Amazing build, such a feast for the eyes. WOW!
Test Subject
#12 Old 2nd Jan 2020 at 1:08 PM
Absolutely brilliant! <3
Zarathustra, Why don't you use the "Wishing Well" (from Numenor)? Is she causing trouble in the game?
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#13 Old 2nd Jan 2020 at 11:13 PM
When I get back to work on my medieval game, I am certainly going to grab this. Thank you so much!
Test Subject
#14 Old 5th Jan 2020 at 10:38 PM
This id do pretty! So much attention to the details, I love it. This is do inspiring. Thank you!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#15 Old 16th Jan 2020 at 8:20 PM
I definitely don't have a strong enough computer for this, but it is still lovely to admire, and the story about the little girl was amusing too. Thanks!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#16 Old 28th Jan 2020 at 3:14 PM
Oh my goodness...what can one say that comes close. It is absolutely a marvel, and exceptionally beautiful. You surely worked so hard!
Test Subject
#17 Old 30th Jan 2020 at 8:43 AM
The lot is brilliant. It had to take a lot of time to build, and there is much attention to detail. You even wrote the story to go along with the pics. Amazing. I do have the urge to go play Sims, but also Skyrim now too.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#18 Old 12th Feb 2020 at 9:21 PM
Looks great. Looking forward to using it after I get all the stuff packs. I wonder how you got around the maximum wall panel to make the apartments and walls.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 23rd Feb 2020 at 5:01 AM
Does anyone know where to find a buyable Grimoire and witch's cauldron like the ones used on this lot? I've found other buyable witch items but not those
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#20 Old 24th Feb 2020 at 1:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Jymn
Does anyone know where to find a buyable Grimoire and witch's cauldron like the ones used on this lot? I've found other buyable witch items but not those

IIRC, I used this one by @HugeLunatic.

https://sims2artists.com/index.php?topic=3857.0

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Field Researcher
#21 Old 25th Feb 2020 at 11:35 AM
Breathtaking! :lovestruc

What I absolutely love about your buildings is how satisfying they are to my senses. Everything is so perfectly packed, I literally wouldn't change a thing. And that rarely happens with other creators. I guess there is something narcissistic about that feeling , because I see quite a few similarities with my own taste, style and preference. We even combine objects in the same way (medieval sink, well, beam to support overhanging parts of the structure...). In this respect, detail that completely blew me away was your floor candle holder (made from floor lamp and wall candles). It looks so high-quality, luxurious and authentic.

Only criticism I have is - there are not enough pictures! . I get that it could be an artistic choice to not show everything so people could fully explore it in game; but I like house pictures, especially of such complex elaborate buildings with so many creative details deserving of praise. I even save pictures of good building and decorating ideas to use for inspiration and creativity boost when needed.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#22 Old 25th Feb 2020 at 6:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MystAngel
Breathtaking! :lovestruc

What I absolutely love about your buildings is how satisfying they are to my senses. Everything is so perfectly packed, I literally wouldn't change a thing. And that rarely happens with other creators. I guess there is something narcissistic about that feeling , because I see quite a few similarities with my own taste, style and preference. We even combine objects in the same way (medieval sink, well, beam to support overhanging parts of the structure...). In this respect, detail that completely blew me away was your floor candle holder (made from floor lamp and wall candles). It looks so high-quality, luxurious and authentic.

Only criticism I have is - there are not enough pictures! . I get that it could be an artistic choice to not show everything so people could fully explore it in game; but I like house pictures, especially of such complex elaborate buildings with so many creative details deserving of praise. I even save pictures of good building and decorating ideas to use for inspiration and creativity boost when needed.

@MystAngel , thank you! I'm pretty sure the medieval sink combo is actually something I copied from your builds (I know I copied it from somewhere, so unless you did too and we got it from the same source, that's coming from you- such a good way to make it look more like a washbasin than a sink with plumbing and all those inappropriate modern conveniencese!) I definitely love seeing how you've combined things in your builds too, since you're 100% right about us seeming to have a similar approach to that! I know I've gone back to look at your uploads to get ideas on a pretty regular basis too!

As far as pictures go... sorry! Taking photos is probably my least favorite part of the entire process, and except when I'm using them to try to tell a story I never really feel like there's anything particularly interesting about them, so I find myself just kind of rushing through that part of the process. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Field Researcher
#23 Old 26th Feb 2020 at 1:06 AM
Yeah, I don't really enjoy taking pictures too. But I do it anyway. I rarely upload, but I build often for personal needs and still take pictures from all angles and save them with packaged lots, so I could go back when needed and find what I was looking for. I also save pictures by other builders, and revisit them from time to time (yes, you have a folder on my computer ). House tour slideshows are my most favorite thing. If I like the building, I crave seeing every possible angle. By the way, I'm honored you used some of my ideas, I do it too. I'm definitely stealing the candle holder.
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 7th Mar 2020 at 10:04 PM
gorgeous I like the detail. It looks realistic. The rooms are not stuffed with too much furniture. They are more than playable. No CC for me to run around the web and gather (I thank you). Love the story line, well done. It certainly sets the mood for creative play. When I read it was an apartment, I laughed. Surely my upscale medieval sims will only be able to afford these lodgings but that is okay. I like it. I thank you for the time, thought, and effort you put into this project. Much appreciated.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 13th Apr 2020 at 2:19 PM Last edited by Little Nemo : 19th Apr 2020 at 9:21 PM. Reason: for clarification
Wonderful!

I didn't even realize, that you took up on my tip (sorry, after so much great storytelling, I was too exhausted to read the rest) - thank you for mentioning it!

On a sidenote: if somebody wants to add/delete walls, once the lot is placed, he/she can just use the same procedure I described here by changing all your walls to unleveled walls first and then add normal walls and/or delete yours and finally switch everything back to normal later.

The trick can actually be used repeatedly, so if you need more than 4000+ walls....
Page 1 of 2