Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

TS4 Music

by mypantsfelldown Posted 12th Jan 2020 at 4:12 PM - Updated 21st Aug 2020 at 2:25 PM by mypantsfelldown

40 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 31 Feedback Posts, 8 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 12th Jan 2020 at 5:31 PM
I was looking for this a few months ago. Thanks!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#3 Old 12th Jan 2020 at 5:38 PM
Is it possible to add the radio stations? I haven't played much TS4, but the radio stations from TS2 are very good.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 12th Jan 2020 at 6:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by daciasil
Is it possible to add the radio stations? I haven't played much TS4, but the radio stations from TS2 are very good.

It is! I don't personally have any experience adding radio stations, but it's not that hard if you want to give it a crack! There's a tutorial here.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 13th Jan 2020 at 12:46 PM
Can I put together TS4 music mod and MoreBits mod?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 13th Jan 2020 at 2:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
Oh wow, you're nuts! This is a huge project! There are so many songs in TS4! lol

Man, now I know how to make these, I have even more greater appreciation for you guys. I made a tiny 50 meg one with 15 songs and it took forever to get it right! All the debugging and stuff!

I actually haven't dled this yet, needed a break. But thanks for your dedication and hard work!

(btw, don't worry about the CBR versions. Unless you're releasing one for the general public, I can modify the VBR versions myself to CBR. Thanks again!)

----------

Edit: I just downloaded the replacement pack and trying it now. Sounds fantastic! Love it!

I should let you know a couple of audtunes are missing - loading and map_edit audtune files.

Thank you. I'll have the time to make a CBR version of more bits this weekend, so I'll post it in the comments and tag you. And thank you for the heads up, I'll update the AUDTUNs as soon as I can. Does Sims 4 have special loading music? I don't remember.

Quote: Originally posted by Afiz
Can I put together TS4 music mod and MoreBits mod?

Yes, you can! Just make sure you're using the non-replacement version of this mod.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#9 Old 18th Jan 2020 at 7:00 PM
Lovely- and yes, TS4's music is one of the few places where it surpasses TS3.

Thanks!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#10 Old 19th Jan 2020 at 3:55 AM
@mypantsfelldown

Hmm, it seems like the game has issues if I merge the file together via S3PE- doesn't seem to run the package.

For the record, I have all the tracks except for the Vampires/Realm of Magic tracks as I felt they don't fit the mood of the game.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 19th Jan 2020 at 2:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
@mypantsfelldown

Hmm, it seems like the game has issues if I merge the file together via S3PE- doesn't seem to run the package.

For the record, I have all the tracks except for the Vampires/Realm of Magic tracks as I felt they don't fit the mood of the game.

Oops, that’s my mistake! Are you using the non replacement versions? If so, you can’t actually merge them as the AUDTUNs would replace each other. Would you like a combined package file with everything except Vampires and Realm of Magic? I can send it over to you.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 20th Jan 2020 at 2:17 PM
I got have issue this mod, first of all its really works with MoreBits and TS4 music together but at sometimes my game suddenly force close after end of TS4 song then next song in CAS.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 20th Jan 2020 at 6:47 PM
I got have issue this mod, first of all its really works with MoreBits and TS4 music together but at sometimes my game suddenly force close after end of TS4 song then next song in CAS.

Oh crap. Do you remember if the song before the crash was a Sims 3 song, a Sims 4 basegame song or a Sims 4 expansion pack song?
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 22nd Jan 2020 at 3:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mypantsfelldown
Oh crap. Do you remember if the song before the crash was a Sims 3 song, a Sims 4 basegame song or a Sims 4 expansion pack song?

Sims 4 expension pack but idk which it song was. The song looks like kind a realm of magic ep in cas maybe...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 22nd Jan 2020 at 11:37 PM
Sims 4 expension pack but idk which it song was. The song looks like kind a realm of magic ep in cas maybe...

Thanks for telling me! As soon as I get the chance, I'm going to try out a different approach with the Sims 4 expansion music that may or may not work depending on Sims 3's ability to read Sims 4's SNS+SNR files with or without modification. Let me know if you crash again and I'll provide you with a CBR version of all the expansion pack music that should be a little more stable (the filesize will be much bigger though).
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 26th Mar 2020 at 6:35 AM
Thanks for telling me! As soon as I get the chance, I'm going to try out a different approach with the Sims 4 expansion music that may or may not work depending on Sims 3's ability to read Sims 4's SNS+SNR files with or without modification. Let me know if you crash again and I'll provide you with a CBR version of all the expansion pack music that should be a little more stable (the filesize will be much bigger though).

Yes, still some randomly crash while play next song in buy/build mode and cas. Better if u make cbr version all in one songs that make more stable like MoreBits Music mod did
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 26th Mar 2020 at 4:57 PM
Yes, still some randomly crash while play next song in buy/build mode and cas. Better if u make cbr version all in one songs that make more stable like MoreBits Music mod did

Only the map music in the MoreBits patch is CBR. Does MoreBits crash without the Sims 4 music?
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 27th Mar 2020 at 11:45 AM
Only the map music in the MoreBits patch is CBR. Does MoreBits crash without the Sims 4 music?

No anymore with MoreBits CBR v2, more stable now. But with Sims 4 music mix with it I afraid might happen randomly crash after play next songs. I had 3 times crash with install sims 4 music mod and i remove it from mod folder only Morebits install and I see no more face crash while im play.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 8th Apr 2020 at 1:19 PM
No anymore with MoreBits CBR v2, more stable now. But with Sims 4 music mix with it I afraid might happen randomly crash after play next songs. I had 3 times crash with install sims 4 music mod and i remove it from mod folder only Morebits install and I see no more face crash while im play.

Hi again. Sorry it took me so long to get back to you! Somewhat recently I was working on another mod that had low bitrate mp3s (128kbps) and switching to a newer version of Ealayer3 fixed the crashes I was experiencing, so I've tried repacking all of the Sims 4 music to see if it helps any. You can try it here. If that doesn't help, then the only other thing I could try is lossessly repacking the music into higher bitrate files. It will bloat the filesize of the music significantly, so it would be a last resort.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 17th Apr 2020 at 10:37 AM
Hi again. Sorry it took me so long to get back to you! Somewhat recently I was working on another mod that had low bitrate mp3s (128kbps) and switching to a newer version of Ealayer3 fixed the crashes I was experiencing, so I've tried repacking all of the Sims 4 music to see if it helps any. You can try it here. If that doesn't help, then the only other thing I could try is lossessly repacking the music into higher bitrate files. It will bloat the filesize of the music significantly, so it would be a last resort.

Thanks you so much, I will try it in several days to experiment if still crash when playing
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 13th Jun 2020 at 2:24 PM Last edited by Andrew66523 : 13th Jun 2020 at 2:39 PM.
how do I install part 2 and 3 of the base game ones? do you even need to?

i used to make dumb mods when i was bored, next time i'm bored i'll make a new mod.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#22 Old 14th Jun 2020 at 6:14 AM
Uh, whoops. this website confuses me sometimes.
Quote: Originally posted by Andrew66523
how do I install part 2 and 3 of the base game ones? do you even need to?

Yes, that part of the download is multi-part and must be extracted properly to work. There should be a multi-part download tutorial floating around here somewhere, but assuming WinRAR is your software of choice, here is a basic rundown: rename the archives in order to part1, part2 and part3. Then, right click the archive you named ‘part1’ and choose ‘extract here’. This should unpack all three parts and leave you with one final package.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 6th Jul 2020 at 9:28 AM
Any plans to add the music from Eco Lifestyle?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#24 Old 6th Jul 2020 at 6:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Spiderses
Any plans to add the music from Eco Lifestyle?

Yes, although people seem to be experiencing a plethora of issues running my music mods at all, so trying to work out a fix is of a higher priority right now. Have you had any issues with game stability whilst using this mod?
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 8th Jul 2020 at 12:58 PM
Yes, although people seem to be experiencing a plethora of issues running my music mods at all, so trying to work out a fix is of a higher priority right now. Have you had any issues with game stability whilst using this mod?

Not in my game, no.
Page 1 of 2