Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Music and Dance Mods

by simler90 Posted 3rd Jan 2020 at 12:31 AM - Updated 27th Sep 2022 at 6:13 AM by simler90

8 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 5 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 3rd Jan 2020 at 4:59 AM Last edited by sandya : 3rd Jan 2020 at 6:22 PM.
All of these fixes are such good ideas. I really didn't know what happened before but I will be watching now for the changes. Thanks so much. I have the "builds charisma" hack and will be watching for problems. Thanks, Rosawyn.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 3rd Jan 2020 at 11:20 AM
The HCDU shows this for argon_instrument hack-al.package:

HCDU also shows a conflict with MTS2_NDR_KaraokeBuildsCharismaAL.package:

And with microphone-for-visitors-a-lamare.package:

Test Subject
#4 Old 13th Jun 2020 at 12:48 PM
Visitors were still unable to interact with the AL microphone.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 29th Oct 2020 at 12:06 AM
Great mod, it mostly completely replaces the need for 'DJ Booth Fixes' by Cyjon but there is one fix left in that mod that you could add into yours: "DJ Booths on business lots won't be left 'in use' by departing employees."
Field Researcher
#6 Old 17th Jan 2021 at 11:42 PM Last edited by BellaDovah : 20th Jan 2021 at 9:49 PM.
Hi I seem to be having an issue which might not be caused by your mod but I'm not sure what else it could be. My sims get a want to 'perform on mic' but when I click the mic, there is no 'perform...' option, it just goes straight to 'sing' 'recite poetry' or 'perform stand-up comedy', I'm not sure about the others but 'sing' does not grant this 'perform on mic' want as it must not count as performing, they also can't get tips from any of these options.

I've also just sent my sim to a community lot to perform music and they ended up just standing there doing nothing for hours, like waiting for others to join in and townies on the other instruments mostly just stood there doing nothing too, my sim could occasionally receive tips in this period (on instruments, not the mic) but they wouldn't gain creativity skill or actually play the instrument, just stand there holding it...they didn't actually start playing until I cancelled the interaction at which point they'd play and gain skill for a second then put the instrument down.

I also use Cyjon's Practice Perform Changes. The two mods do not conflict but I'm guessing one of them is causing these problems.

Edit: I took the instrument mod out and they stopped standing there doing nothing for ages when performing instruments. It could be a coincidence or an undetected conflict with CJ's mod. I'm not sure about the mic part...perhaps sims were never able to 'perform...' on the mic and earn money? I just don't understand the want they keep rolling. Also, I noticed that my sims were dancing behind the Nightlife DJ booth in a community lot - can this be fixed too?
Field Researcher
#7 Old 10th Sep 2021 at 11:10 PM
I had the same problem with sims standing there doing nothing when told to perform and I don't have Cyjon's Practice Perform Changes. Removing InstrumentWatchMod did not fix it, but removing MATY's comm-skilling mod did. I moved a lot of mods in and out that I thought might have any relation to this, but the only thing that made a difference was comm-skilling. I tried using the CommunitySkilling mod by Squinge, but it had the same effect. With comm-skilling in my game, my sims can practice just fine, but the only perform they can do is jazz!

Since removing InstrumentWatchMod fixed your game but not mine, I'd guess there is a complex formula involved in whatever causes the sims to just stand there.

Edited to add the HCDU finds no conflicts in my game with either InstrumentWatchMod or comm-skilling.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 6th Oct 2021 at 9:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Cher64
I had the same problem with sims standing there doing nothing when told to perform and I don't have Cyjon's Practice Perform Changes. Removing InstrumentWatchMod did not fix it, but removing MATY's comm-skilling mod did. I moved a lot of mods in and out that I thought might have any relation to this, but the only thing that made a difference was comm-skilling. I tried using the CommunitySkilling mod by Squinge, but it had the same effect. With comm-skilling in my game, my sims can practice just fine, but the only perform they can do is jazz!

Since removing InstrumentWatchMod fixed your game but not mine, I'd guess there is a complex formula involved in whatever causes the sims to just stand there.

Edited to add the HCDU finds no conflicts in my game with either InstrumentWatchMod or comm-skilling.

@Cher64 Thanks so much for that information. I think it was a fluke when it appeared fixed for me because I've still been having that issue with performing instruments and I also use community lot skilling, so that must be it! Gah how annoying, I really like that mod. Apologies for thinking it could have been to do with your instrument mod Simler.

@Simler90 Would you ever consider adding a perhaps optional feature to your dance mod that would allow dancing to build the body skill and fitness? It's a feature I've been wanting for ages and I finally found a mod that does it but it unfortunately conflicts with your far bigger and more complex Dance Mod that I don't want to go without.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 18th Jan 2022 at 10:28 AM
I love your mods! In this mod I especially love the feature that makes sims to dance and listen to music from below the stage, cause the unmodded game behavior really bugged me. So thank you very much!
Also, could you do the same for some of the career rewards, like tele-prompter for politicians and lawer's podium? It would make so much sence