Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#26 Old 24th Jan 2020 at 10:16 PM
So I log in for the first time in a while, looking for some inspiration to build after re-installing TS2 on my new computer a few months ago, and this is the first thing i see!
don't know yet what will come out of it but i'm already getting some ideas...
Advertisement
Tartan McBadgerface
Original Poster
#27 Old 25th Jan 2020 at 6:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CatherineTCJD
Well... I've been working on my "nightmare" - my daughter calls it a Cartoon Castle (bless her heart!)
I will admit, it is kinda cute...

Anyway... I've got an adjudication question (or two): Will the Extra Sticker Trophy Categories be awarded one-per-category or one-per-game-per-category? (TS2, TS3, TS4)
And, what if several of the categories are included in one build?
It'll be one extra sticker per category, across games, not individually for each game  

As for several categories in the one build, go for it. It'll make it more entertaining lol.
Mad Poster
#28 Old 26th Jan 2020 at 3:50 PM
I am looking forward to that Cartoon Castle Entries this far are very.... interesting I wonder, @CatherineTCJD - is it going to be orange?
Mad Poster
#29 Old 26th Jan 2020 at 7:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
... is it going to be orange?

Oddly enough... No! I guess the 'nightmare' isn't as bad as I remembered it? LOL!

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 27th Jan 2020 at 10:42 PM
Enjoy This Ugly White/Biege creation of mine <3

"Fear is only in our minds. But it takes over all the time."
Scholar
#31 Old 28th Jan 2020 at 5:48 AM
I've seen plenty of blue sinks and toilets, but in my first apartment, they were plum.

And yes, I've seen a bathroom carpeted in mint green. Thankfully not the one with the plum toilet.
Mad Poster
#32 Old 28th Jan 2020 at 5:33 PM
Just a kind of FYI (not a submission) on the topic of colorful porcelain...

I already simmed it - and it wasn't a McMansion, nor a "monstrosity", but it had an all avocado green bathroom, and pink and turquoise floor to ceiling kitchen cabinets, with worn lemon-yellow shag wall-to-wall carpet throughout. Much of the atmosphere did not convey in the 'simming' *sigh*... Such was my Granny's house, proudly built in 1971 - a Florida retirement 'dream home' LOL!
It was the first home hubs and I lived in after we were married in '86, and Granny moved into an assisted living facility. She was a colorful woman.

and Vintage Stuffeths
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 30th Jan 2020 at 1:01 AM Last edited by HugeLunatic : 31st Jan 2020 at 10:14 AM. Reason: not for sharing cc
Default Von Witt's Wittenberg Castle
The Property is the home of some "interesting" engineering and just full of stuff to show off wealth. The basement even has a lake of blood that the former occupant may or may not be living on...
[img]<a href=[/img]">
Samples are here, the rest are in the zip if you want to look them over.

(Candles are used mostly to light the castle, if needed I will re-upload with brighter pics if you need them)
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#34 Old 30th Jan 2020 at 3:51 AM Last edited by Metamorp : 16th Feb 2020 at 7:35 PM.
Default Blandshyre
I had a rush of inspiration hit me when I first saw this competition posted! The build which I've named Blandshyre will be my hat toss into the ring.

When I thought of a McMansion I didn't first draw to the idea of a great big mansion but rather an everyday suburban tract house (likely one built in the early 2000s) that has a great big fancy facade with really nothing much else to show for. The house features a total of four considerably sized bedrooms (including the master suite which is conveniently planned away from the other bedrooms, surely you'd want some space away from the noisy kids!). If this home were to exist in real life I'd like to think you'll find it in some upper-class suburbia where every other house on the street is an exact match, save for the garage being flipped around for that extra bit of difference.

Looking forward to seeing all of the other builds! This is a fun competition!
Screenshots

Check out my building creations!
Test Subject
#35 Old 30th Jan 2020 at 8:38 AM
Default Porkchop Crumples McMansion
So yes, Porkchop's Aunty Crumplesbutt died and left him some green stuff...and some other stuff.
So he did what any respectable inherity would do...he built a house and blew it all!

From the outside Porkchop's McMansion looks pleasant enough...however taste was denied inside.
There is a bottom, a middle and a top.....filled with stuff.

Although a complete mix match and a mash up - it actually looks rather nice
Test Subject
#36 Old 30th Jan 2020 at 9:43 AM
I've deleted the game, but maybe I'll find some time before the end of February to reinstall. I once created a world loosely based on North Carolina, it was full of highways and freeways, one medium sized city, one big town and two small villages and great distances between those places. There also was a secluded neighborhood with McMansions, and I think I have one that actually could've been built and still is a McMansion and not something nice. Such a cool competition!
Instructor
#37 Old 30th Jan 2020 at 10:32 AM
I'm just here to enjoy the McMansions people come up with, because I absolutely love the McMansionHell website. It's informative, hilarious and I just love it. :lovestruc
Test Subject
#38 Old 31st Jan 2020 at 12:16 AM
Alright, to be completely honest before this challenge I had never heard of a McMansion in my life. I don't know if that's because of my age or the fact I live in a smaller town but nope, never heard of it. So after minimal research I decided to just go with the sticker prizes themes, the idea of make it as ugly as I can, and play around with that. From that I created this "beautiful monstrosity".

The Open Concept Dream
Made with the sims 4, no CC, 157,097$

Everyone is just so secretive these days. With their blinds, and curtains, and small bathroom windows. Who needs that?! Behold a home that eliminates all privacy. The only total privacy you'll find here is inside the garages! Fortunately, those are purely decorational and there's not even a door. Now you can show all your neighbors how much better you live than them and they can see your... Unique... Decorating style that really shows who you are!
Test Subject
#39 Old 1st Feb 2020 at 7:48 AM Last edited by Vandra : 2nd Feb 2020 at 9:52 AM.
Default Beige Beast

In this large home with detached 2 story bonus space, 3 bedrooms and 5 baths, You'll love the echos in your entry room.

It features both a formal dining room and a smaller breakfast area equal distances apart from the oversized kitchen.

And a separate parlor space for your pleasure to never use.

Right off the large living room you'll see the wonderful open view office where you'll never be able to forget about your work while in either the backyard or downstairs.

The upstairs master bedroom features his and her's closets for your ease of not seeing your spouse in the morning.

The 2 children's rooms feature a detached bath for one and an ensuite for your favorite child.

With 2 random balconies and a mediocre pool you'll love the purposless 2nd building and shrunken backyard.

I turned out impossible to get all of the details in the pictures, (I'm so pleased ). UPDATE: added to the gallery under Vandra2435
Field Researcher
#40 Old 3rd Feb 2020 at 1:38 PM
Default Miracle Mansion
Okay, after careful study of McMansions 101 (that website is great) I now think I know what one is. So I present to you my entry to this competition: Miracle Mansion.

I reckon this is about a 9/10 on the McMansion Scale. There is no Pringles Can of Shame, no useless balconies and not enough beige, but it just about ticks every other box.

Don't you love that roof? It looks like a toddler made it. Also note the pointless dormers, stupid columns and grab bag of styles, none of which are appropriate to a desert location. Stick on beams and quoining enhance the look. Also of interest is the Car Hole, massive driveway and soul patch planting.

If we go round to the back, further features are the oversized, Look At Me main reception room and the Stupid Shaped Pool. I didn't actually see Stupid Shaped Pools mentioned on the McMansion Hell website, but surely that article will come.

Also, note the bright green of the prairie planting. Either an underground watering system is running day and night to keep it that colour - wasting precious natural resources - or it is all artificial grass. Either way, tacky.

Here is a burglar's eye close up of the Look At Me windows, taken from just where a prospective burglar could stand at night unobserved and check out the illuminated
scene for potential booty.

The Lawyer Foyer and the Main Reception Room are both 2 storeys high, separated by a 1 storey dividing wall topped with a galleried walkway, connecting the two wings of the house on the upper floor.

This is the upper floor plan.

A HUGE master suite occupies all of the left hand wing, with the guest room and children's rooms in the right wing. All rooms are en suite. The Thrusting and ambitious couple who chose this house haven't made time for children yet, so the distance of the children's bedrooms from their own doesn't bother them.

This is the ground floor plan.

Note beyond the kitchen on the right hand side are the laundry room, a side entrance and a bedroom and bathroom for a live in maid.

Would you like a tour of the inside of the house? If so, click on the spoiler.

If you are very, very lucky you may also get a tour of the more private parts of the house.

Top Secret Researcher
#41 Old 5th Feb 2020 at 9:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AGuyCalledPi
We bought a full new living room in 2007 and it's already slowly starting to feel like a horrible cliché. The creamy beige and soft brownish colours I can appreciate, but the frosted glass ceiling lights and brushed aluminium......
At least we don't have my grandma's interior. Ever seen a bathroom carpeted in mint green? Not to mention the walls done in salmon and the all-wooden kitchen with lavender print tablecloth. That house belongs in a museum.

EDIT: I found a gallery of pictures of a building I regularly drive past, it's in Amsterdam, and I'm really digging the 2000s on display here.

I have indeed seen a bathroom carpeted in mint green. I've used one; we had one in the 1970s. It had mint green SHAG carpeting, actually.

ETA: Still allergic to avocado green and harvest gold. We had avocado stove, sink, and refrigerator, with harvest gold smaller appliances. It was vile.
Field Researcher
#42 Old 6th Feb 2020 at 12:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by xPennyxTallyx
Enjoy This Ugly White/Biege creation of mine <3

I like your patterns there! Are they custom? The beds & the kitchen table?
Test Subject
#43 Old 6th Feb 2020 at 8:13 PM
I will have to make mine g-rated..lolol
Test Subject
#44 Old 6th Feb 2020 at 8:20 PM
Default Esumiwa's it just grew too big
It just got out of hand...too many Adults, young adults, teens, children and toddlers...
Test Subject
#45 Old 7th Feb 2020 at 12:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Aysarth
If you have been invited to dinner, you will turn right in the Lawyer Foyer and walk through into a smaller, single storey foyer - A Law Clerk's Foyer? There is a bar in here, and with luck, you will be given a drink to fortify you against the awful formality of the dining room!

Not likely to put guests at their ease, but that's not the point. The point is to impress you with the wealth, importance and good taste of your hosts.

I love how there's three different kinds of marble flooring in the same dining room!
Mad Poster
#46 Old 7th Feb 2020 at 11:16 PM
Whew! Here's my entry...
with Lexi Teatherton's permission, I present:

Click the 'spoiler' button for a few architectural highlights (if you dare!)
For a more in-depth look, and possibly to download this monstrosity for yourself go HERE

and Vintage Stuffeths
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#47 Old 8th Feb 2020 at 5:28 PM
Test Subject
#48 Old 9th Feb 2020 at 12:51 AM
At the moment I was working in mini-houses, but this challenge of the McMansions has seemed super fun, so I have built a house that can be heaven or hell for any of us to remember those good old days
Without further ado, here goes the house of my nightmares: marbles and draperies. And much, much beige. And carpeting, and ...

"Primum vivere, deinde philosophare"
Theorist
#49 Old 9th Feb 2020 at 9:07 AM
Cool! There are so much cool houses here that are even not to much monstrous. Like most of them and wish my sims to live in.
@CatherineTCJD, your house is my fav! This is a monster that I don't even want to live in LoL. Guess that's not People's Choice Award. But still bet on it.

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Mad Poster
#50 Old 9th Feb 2020 at 11:58 AM
@CatherineTCJD - lol ! Looks quite charming in a weird way too, so that is a job well done!
Love all the entries, and @Aysarth - job really well done :
Page 2 of 4