Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Broadcaster -- A Custom Stereo Music Utility (UPDATED: 14 September 2021)

by gamefreak130 Posted 17th Feb 2020 at 4:48 PM - Updated 14th Sep 2021 at 8:30 PM by gamefreak130

86 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 51 Feedback Posts, 34 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 4
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 17th Feb 2020 at 5:08 PM
You don't know how long I've been waiting for someone to make this! Thank you!!!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#3 Old 17th Feb 2020 at 5:29 PM
Oh wow. That's pretty marvellous. This makes a lot of stuff redundant. Thanks!
Inventor
THANKS POST
#4 Old 17th Feb 2020 at 6:44 PM
10 years after release, we FINALLY got a tool to create custom music stations. You're a hero, gamefreak130!
Space Pony
THANKS POST
#5 Old 17th Feb 2020 at 9:33 PM
This looks very good indeed congratz gamefreak130 !
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#6 Old 17th Feb 2020 at 9:51 PM
You are a true hero, gamefreak130! Thank you!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#7 Old 17th Feb 2020 at 10:22 PM
(bows to gamefreak130) I shall erect a monument in your honor - thank you...

This is just wonderful stuff - I'm sure I'm not the only one who has wished for so long for a way to simplify the process of adding custom stations - and here you are, granting the wish! This will make my medieval game so much more immersive - and all the other stations I have ideas for!! (eyes up mp3s of Sims 1 and Sims 2 music...)
Scholar
THANKS POST
#8 Old 18th Feb 2020 at 2:13 AM Last edited by desiree101 : 18th Feb 2020 at 3:10 PM.
Fantastic! I would actually play my game un-muted now just to add my own mp3s with this! Thank you
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#9 Old 18th Feb 2020 at 11:41 AM
This is amazing. Does anyone know where to get the mp3s to sims 2? I really loved those stations. Thank you again for making this mod~
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 18th Feb 2020 at 12:05 PM
Okay, the trouble of making new stations and adding new music was awful! And I'm not risking my PC just for the correct codec((s)?), but this, this is a savior! I hope this gets starred!

i used to make dumb mods when i was bored, next time i'm bored i'll make a new mod.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#11 Old 18th Feb 2020 at 1:52 PM
I cannot express my excitement when I saw this. Thank you so much :)
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#12 Old 18th Feb 2020 at 2:02 PM
Amazing, TS3 gets better and better!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#13 Old 18th Feb 2020 at 5:54 PM
This is awesome.. I'm assuming with this tool, if I want to take the songs that play in the Indie category and replace them with my own custom music, that's possible???
Space Pony
Original Poster
#14 Old 18th Feb 2020 at 6:37 PM Last edited by gamefreak130 : 18th Feb 2020 at 6:48 PM.
Thank you all for the kind words.

Quote: Originally posted by Simsdestroyer
This is awesome.. I'm assuming with this tool, if I want to take the songs that play in the Indie category and replace them with my own custom music, that's possible???

Unfortunately, no. While you can easily add your own custom music to the Indie station using Broadcaster, replacing existing songs, while not impossible, is beyond the scope of the program.

"The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had." - Eric Schmidt

If you enjoy the mods I put out, consider supporting me on patreon: www.patreon.com/Gamefreak130
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 18th Feb 2020 at 10:54 PM
THANK YOU. You have no idea how much I've wanted this for TS1, TS2, TS4, and TSM music for my game! I even made a "radio station" folder in case I, or someone else, could achieve this awesomeness.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#16 Old 19th Feb 2020 at 5:02 AM
Great program! Works perfectly on 1.67.

The only thing I think you should mention is that every song you want to add to a particular station should be in the same package. If you have more than one package for the same station, there's a chance they will conflict.

For example, I originally made two packages called "TS1 Latin in Latin" and "TS2 Salsa in Latin", but some songs conflicted and didn't show up in-game until I made a new package with all the songs combined.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 19th Feb 2020 at 12:27 PM
Okay, I've properly used it and it works like a charm! and my collection not supporting Sims FM is a bummer, but I can now easily make my own FM! It's not as tedious but I would still need decoding and conversion for a new station based off of pre-existing songs, but that's a bummer that won't be gone any time soon, unless I were to make something that will benefit off of this :eyes:

i used to make dumb mods when i was bored, next time i'm bored i'll make a new mod.
Inventor
#18 Old 19th Feb 2020 at 2:51 PM
Finally my Sims can dance to TS1 Vacation's music:

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 19th Feb 2020 at 5:28 PM
This is not only awesome! This is outstanding!!
Brilliant, mate! Thank you so much! I've always wanted this mod!! I have no clue why it was never a feature of the game, like it was on sims 2.
Does it work for other areas of the game as well, such as build/buy/cas/map? Is it possible to add this funcionality if it doesn't?
Regardless, Thank you again! This is brilliant work!
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 19th Feb 2020 at 9:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gamefreak130
It's most likely some weirdness with audio tuning that I hadn't fully anticipated; it's very possible that the game can only read audio from the same package file that the audio tuning for the station is contained in -- which, if you have songs with the same title in two different package files, will not necessarily be the case.

I may be able to resolve this by giving music files unique names internally, but in the meantime, if you were to rename the overlapping MP3 files before creating the second station, there should be no conflict.

None of the songs have the same file names, though.
Forum Resident
#21 Old 19th Feb 2020 at 10:42 PM
Thank you all for the kind words.

Unfortunately, no. While you can easily add your own custom music to the Indie station using Broadcaster, replacing existing songs, while not impossible, is beyond the scope of the program.

Gotcha!!! Awesomesauce, now we're able to add more selections to the stations already set up in game!! I love this!!!! I can have a true all Hip Hop club!!!
Space Pony
Original Poster
#22 Old 20th Feb 2020 at 12:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Spiderses
None of the songs have the same file names, though.

Ah, I misread your description of the problem. I did my own test adding two different songs in two different packages to the same station and they worked fine, so I'm not sure what the problem could be. Are all the songs appearing in the music preview tab of the options menu?

"The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had." - Eric Schmidt

If you enjoy the mods I put out, consider supporting me on patreon: www.patreon.com/Gamefreak130
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#23 Old 20th Feb 2020 at 1:00 AM
Ah! Thanks so much! I'm so glad this has the ability to add music to pre-existing station so the stations with only five or so songs can have more music.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 20th Feb 2020 at 2:09 AM
Thanks to this mod I can finally play my custom music through the community lot speaker. You don't know how happy this makes me. Thank you so much! This mod should definitely receive a star.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 20th Feb 2020 at 6:49 AM
Ah, I misread your description of the problem. I did my own test adding two different songs in two different packages to the same station and they worked fine, so I'm not sure what the problem could be. Are all the songs appearing in the music preview tab of the options menu?

Maybe my problem was just some sort of fluke? Some of the songs appeared in the options menu, and some didn't.
Page 1 of 4