Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Cloning Machine Overhaul

by MAL22 Posted 22nd Mar 2020 at 8:10 PM - Updated 21st Aug 2021 at 10:38 PM by MAL22

53 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 36 Feedback Posts, 16 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 3
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 22nd Mar 2020 at 8:32 PM
Thanks, this sounds intriguing!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 22nd Mar 2020 at 8:41 PM
Who created the images??? This is amazing!! Thank you for the mod, it is very useful
(sorry if the translation is bad, I don't speak English)
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 22nd Mar 2020 at 8:53 PM
Hmm, never actually knew GTW had a cloning machine, thanks! Can you make it buyable, but like for a lot of simoleons? I feel like a scientist would probably sell their inventions to get rich.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#5 Old 22nd Mar 2020 at 11:24 PM
This is a really cool idea. I'll try it out, and if I see any bugs I'll definitely let you know. :)
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#6 Old 23rd Mar 2020 at 12:41 AM
Cool. This should help my Dynasty world move along a little faster! There are a few eras I'd like to breeze through, but I'm trying to go from Stone Age to Future with family portraits all along the way. This should help a lot so I don't keep starting over out of frustration!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 23rd Mar 2020 at 12:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MrTom
Who created the images??? This is amazing!! Thank you for the mod, it is very useful
(sorry if the translation is bad, I don't speak English)

I created the images. Thank you.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 23rd Mar 2020 at 12:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ReeceBar
Hmm, never actually knew GTW had a cloning machine, thanks! Can you make it buyable, but like for a lot of simoleons? I feel like a scientist would probably sell their inventions to get rich.

You can technically already buy it through bb.showhiddenobjects but the problem is that the machine would not be upgraded and would still end up requiring the scientific career. It's a lot more work that I'm not all that interested in since I would like to focus on refining the scripts first and foremost. I appreciate that you took the time to leave a suggestion, however! :D
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 23rd Mar 2020 at 1:00 AM
Please be aware that the initial release has a major defect that prevents it from working on most, if not all, systems. I have released a new version (2020.03.21-beta) that fixes this! Thank you!
Forum Resident
#10 Old 23rd Mar 2020 at 6:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MAL22
You can technically already buy it through bb.showhiddenobjects but the problem is that the machine would not be upgraded and would still end up requiring the scientific career. It's a lot more work that I'm not all that interested in since I would like to focus on refining the scripts first and foremost. I appreciate that you took the time to leave a suggestion, however! :D

Coolspear has a mod that allows non-scientists to do all the scientist things, including invent and upgrade the various devices. He has it on his forum on Sim Asylum. Just thought I'd mention it, so those who might be interested in that sort of thing would know.

You still would need to do the bb.showhiddenobjects cheat in order to get the Invention Constructor, which is what allows you to build the various devices. But at least with that mod you can use that device, Scientist or not, to invent and upgrade the various Scientist things.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 23rd Mar 2020 at 11:09 AM
Wonderful mod!
Could you make an option to delete all of the sim's past experiences? Skills, minor wins (curry champion), etc? So the clone will be a totally new person.
I want to play with my old sim as a new one but when I save him through CAS he still has his whole life experience, and the game's genetics can't create a clone of CCd sim, the only way to clone my sim is through the cloning machine.
MCCC can't help.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 23rd Mar 2020 at 2:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Loladido
Wonderful mod!
Could you make an option to delete all of the sim's past experiences? Skills, minor wins (curry champion), etc? So the clone will be a totally new person.
I want to play with my old sim as a new one but when I save him through CAS he still has his whole life experience, and the game's genetics can't create a clone of CCd sim, the only way to clone my sim is through the cloning machine.
MCCC can't help.

Clones don't have any skills whatsoever when they're created. The only thing they keep from their creator are personality traits I believe. If I'm wrong, I'll look into it eventually.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 23rd Mar 2020 at 7:06 PM
YES. I've wanted options like this FOREVER. What other options were you considering, beyond the current?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 23rd Mar 2020 at 10:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kyrien
YES. I've wanted options like this FOREVER. What other options were you considering, beyond the current?

Gender preferences, the ability to impregnate or become pregnant and whether they pee standing or sitting are currently all implemented but not enabled. I will enable them as I finish polishing them and fixing other bugs players may find. I am also considering adding the ability to carry over skills and traits to a clone but it tends to be glitchy when used along with teens and younger sims so I am holding off on that for now.
Test Subject
#15 Old 24th Mar 2020 at 12:58 AM
Gender preferences, the ability to impregnate or become pregnant and whether they pee standing or sitting are currently all implemented but not enabled. I will enable them as I finish polishing them and fixing other bugs players may find. I am also considering adding the ability to carry over skills and traits to a clone but it tends to be glitchy when used along with teens and younger sims so I am holding off on that for now.

That's all pretty cool. You could just have the player choose the traits for their clones if teen and under, and maybe an option to choose 2-3 skills leveled up to a certain number (like the Story Mode sort of does).That would circumvent the carry-over glitches.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 24th Mar 2020 at 3:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kyrien
That's all pretty cool. You could just have the player choose the traits for their clones if teen and under, and maybe an option to choose 2-3 skills leveled up to a certain number (like the Story Mode sort of does).That would circumvent the carry-over glitches.

You can already select the traits/aspirations for clones regardless of their age. Especially important for childs and toddlers since theirs are different.
Field Researcher
#17 Old 24th Mar 2020 at 5:19 AM
They're cloned with whatever skills the original has. I created a fully skilled servo and have been cloning it for other families. The only issue is they're all female, so this will be awesome...

Clones don't have any skills whatsoever when they're created. The only thing they keep from their creator are personality traits I believe. If I'm wrong, I'll look into it eventually.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#18 Old 24th Mar 2020 at 5:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Jron7667
They're cloned with whatever skills the original has. I created a fully skilled servo and have been cloning it for other families. The only issue is they're all female, so this will be awesome...

You're right. Well, it shouldn't be too hard to add an option to wipe their skills clean.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 25th Mar 2020 at 1:45 AM
Great mod, works like a charm.

One thing worthy of note: If you create a baby clone, the baby will appear on the UI as a new household member, but won't be physically present.

If you exit the household, add a bassinet in build mode, and come back in, the baby will appear in the bassinet, and all is fine. Other than that, it works great.
Field Researcher
#20 Old 25th Mar 2020 at 3:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CalFaltovic

One thing worthy of note: If you create a baby clone, the baby will appear on the UI as a new household member, but won't be physically present.

If you exit the household, add a bassinet in build mode, and come back in, the baby will appear in the bassinet, and all is fine. Other than that, it works great.

Thank you Cal, I had this issue too and never thought about adding the basinet. Thanks for the tip!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#21 Old 25th Mar 2020 at 3:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CalFaltovic

Yes, babies are buggy since the bassinet cannot spawn on top of the cloning machine. From what I noticed in my testing, they would appear somewhere else on the lot in the bassinet. I might end up disabling them altogether if I don't find a workaround.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#22 Old 26th Mar 2020 at 6:37 PM
Very cool! This would have saved me some hassle if it had been a thing just a few weeks ago lol. I'm working on raising a 4th-gen descendent of L. Faba, who I want to have L's pale skin and purple hair and eyes. Being able to zap an opposite gender clone of the new generations, in my case NOT related, will be super useful.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#23 Old 26th Mar 2020 at 7:59 PM Last edited by BrianZ : 26th Mar 2020 at 8:24 PM.
Ok, tried it out. Just a note, an "offspring" clone of a spellcaster will NOT have the next stronger bloodline trait, they will have the same strength as the prototype sim. Have clones always been a sibling of their prototype? And if so, would it be possible to have an "Unrelated" option?

Edit: Checked on an older save where my nerdy scientist cloned Bella Goth. "Katie" Goth does indeed have Bella as a sister.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#24 Old 27th Mar 2020 at 12:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BrianZ
Ok, tried it out. Just a note, an "offspring" clone of a spellcaster will NOT have the next stronger bloodline trait, they will have the same strength as the prototype sim. Have clones always been a sibling of their prototype? And if so, would it be possible to have an "Unrelated" option?

Edit: Checked on an older save where my nerdy scientist cloned Bella Goth. "Katie" Goth does indeed have Bella as a sister.

I am unable to get "unrelated" working currently as the game will always do a sanity check and apply sibling. Also, yes, clones are siblings by default without this mod. As for the bloodline trait, it is by design. I have no plans to change the current behavior.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 27th Mar 2020 at 6:17 AM
I am unable to get "unrelated" working currently as the game will always do a sanity check and apply sibling. Also, yes, clones are siblings by default without this mod. As for the bloodline trait, it is by design. I have no plans to change the current behavior.

Ok, cool. I believe I can clear the sibling relationship with MCCC afterwards.
And now, I'm inspired to mess around with cloning until I see what happens if you get an evil clone of an evil clone...
Page 1 of 3