Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#51 Old 12th Jun 2020 at 12:33 AM
I'm currently working on my university replacement project which is going to be a new university world that can replace the default university I'm currently sorting a lot of cc right now but hopefully I'll be getting back in game soon to continue working on it. The current phase is working on the dorms. After that, there's a LOT to go.
[IMG][/IMG]
Screenshots
Advertisement
Test Subject
#52 Old 19th Jun 2020 at 1:49 PM
Since cyberpunk 2077 is delayed again, I have started to build my own cyberpunkish town First lots are created.
Hope you like it.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#53 Old 19th Jun 2020 at 5:01 PM
Default scenery
Just an exterior shot. I've added a lighting mod to it and and it looks really nice.
Screenshots
Instructor
#54 Old 19th Jun 2020 at 7:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by holden_cf
Since cyberpunk 2077 is delayed again, I have started to build my own cyberpunkish town First lots are created.
Hope you like it.

Looking cool! Very 2077.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#55 Old 24th Jun 2020 at 6:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by EpicNumberONE
Just an exterior shot. I've added a lighting mod to it and and it looks really nice.

So beautiful! I really like this!
Lab Assistant
#56 Old 26th Jun 2020 at 11:53 AM
Hope you like it.

I love this! it's so inspiring!..... I haven't been brave enough to work on a futuristic world of my own but i love when i see them drop!... unfortunately as of late i had some computer issues .... So i had to start over from scratch on the world i was working on,,,,,, But i take as a opportunity fix those things that i felt my world was far past the moment to fix.... also it gave me the opportunity to fix the size......
dodgy builder
#57 Old 26th Jun 2020 at 1:18 PM
Hope you like it.

Very interesting. Do you even have daylight in such a world?
Test Subject
#58 Old 27th Jun 2020 at 2:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Floraflora2
Looking cool! Very 2077.

Thank you
Test Subject
#59 Old 27th Jun 2020 at 2:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
Very interesting. Do you even have daylight in such a world?

I'm trying to find a mod where I can change day/cycle so that it is almost dark the whole time. I guess some NRASS mod can do this.
Test Subject
#60 Old 27th Jun 2020 at 2:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dinadine
I love this! it's so inspiring!..... I haven't been brave enough to work on a futuristic world of my own but i love when i see them drop!... unfortunately as of late i had some computer issues .... So i had to start over from scratch on the world i was working on,,,,,, But i take as a opportunity fix those things that i felt my world was far past the moment to fix.... also it gave me the opportunity to fix the size......

Good look for your project, hope you can fix thoose problems
Test Subject
#61 Old 29th Jun 2020 at 2:30 PM
Default Trying to create lots for my world I'm working on since four years
I'm currently extending my art gallery/vault for like the seventh time.
It all started with me, two EPs and the basic CAW tool, but turned into my most favourite procrastination mechanism of all time.
So I have this world, working title is Whitethorn [(from the german word, "Weissdorn", because I had a botany lecture the time i started) but I will have to change it because I found out that there is another custom world called Whitethorn and it is breathtakingly beautiful and I can't compete with it] and it just won't stop growing. I thought, well, Constanzia, it's the second world you're making, just keep it small. Now I learned that I am not good at keeping things small.
I took some screenshots from the top of my art gallery/vault/castle because it's pretty much in the middle of the map and I'd love to know what you're thinking about it so far. I know I mixed up some periods stylewise, but I don't have a real model and when the gallery/vault/castle/tomb grew, it just became Frankensteins monster somehow.
I am a bit embarassed because while reading through this thread I saw all these great projects you're working on and I am coming in like "yeah well I started without any knowledge of CAW and now I have floating vegetables all over my world" but tbh, I don't think that I'll ever finish this world so it doesn't really matter, does it? Not to state that I used tons of CC so I won't be able to upload it anywhere.
Whatever.
Here are some screenshots.
Lab Assistant
#62 Old 29th Jun 2020 at 10:10 PM
Yay! I'm so glad to see that there's still such an active interest in worlds! I'm working on a rural Master Planned Community type of world, with a focus on "sustainable living" (i.e. gardening, etc). Been doing a lot of research into "agrihoods" around the US and love the concept, and the existing game functions will definitely support it, so it should be fun!
Field Researcher
#63 Old 1st Jul 2020 at 5:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Crashley1784
Yay! I'm so glad to see that there's still such an active interest in worlds! I'm working on a rural Master Planned Community type of world, with a focus on "sustainable living" (i.e. gardening, etc). Been doing a lot of research into "agrihoods" around the US and love the concept, and the existing game functions will definitely support it, so it should be fun!

Yes, it's very heartening. I was so scared that the community would dump CAW after TS4, but it seems as if everyone is more active than ever.
Test Subject
#64 Old 3rd Jul 2020 at 10:14 AM
Thanks for the hint! Will give it a try as soon as I'm finish!

Quote: Originally posted by Wojtek
You can change the SkyCommon.ini located in \Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged
from
SunriseTime = 6.0
SunsetTime = 18.0
to
SunriseTime = 12.0
SunsetTime = 12.0

Note that it won't be night all the time. There'll be an eight-hour twilight around noon. You can see it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-AuoeMmlMI
Mad Poster
#65 Old 6th Jul 2020 at 4:06 PM
I've been working on my Riverview makeover in CAW and gotten a few new trees down in some new locations before having to quit.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#66 Old 7th Jul 2020 at 8:23 AM
I'm trying to find a mod where I can change day/cycle so that it is almost dark the whole time. I guess some NRASS mod can do this.

Solely my opinion, but I do not like worlds to be dark all the time. For me it is too hard to see things and after all the work that is put into worlds I want to be able to see what is there. I also like to see the world at different times of day. For me, the lighting changes make it more interesting than to have it be pretty much the same all the time.
dodgy builder
#67 Old 7th Jul 2020 at 3:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
Solely my opinion, but I do not like worlds to be dark all the time. For me it is too hard to see things and after all the work that is put into worlds I want to be able to see what is there. I also like to see the world at different times of day. For me, the lighting changes make it more interesting than to have it be pretty much the same all the time.

It's a style for young people Most of the time the world wouldn't have been made to be seen up close. It's an easy way to save polygons. Not that a bad quality is the main objective of course, but this style is something some like. It's suppose to be dark. They call it cyberpunk. Darkness and neon lights is the main thing.

@holden_cf What kind of characters would you have for such a world? Will you make them
Test Subject
#68 Old 11th Jul 2020 at 9:23 AM Last edited by holden_cf : 11th Jul 2020 at 9:23 AM. Reason: spelling
I'm not entirely sure, how long the night cycle would be in the end. But yeah, the neon lights will be more atmospheric when it is dark
Hmm characters it's a good point. It's the third point on my list. First I'm creating the buildings. Then I'm moving on to find a decent world
map with good routings. And in the end I will finish it up by creating characters.

Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
It's a style for young people Most of the time the world wouldn't have been made to be seen up close. It's an easy way to save polygons. Not that a bad quality is the main objective of course, but this style is something some like. It's suppose to be dark. They call it cyberpunk. Darkness and neon lights is the main thing.

@holden_cf What kind of characters would you have for such a world? Will you make them
Instructor
#69 Old 15th Jul 2020 at 12:17 PM
All these projects look great, you guys are talented

I wish you all good luck ^^

I was wondering @Wojtek, I saw the video you posted, and I was curious: do you have a link to download the highrises I saw in it, please? ^^
Are they liveable for the sims, or just decor? ^^
Instructor
#70 Old 18th Jul 2020 at 6:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Wojtek
These are deco the Sims 4 conversions created by Sandy at Around The Sims 3.

Thank you for the info ^^
Lab Assistant
#71 Old 20th Jul 2020 at 1:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Crashley1784

Ooh your world sounds very interesting. I look forward to seeing more if you choose to share!
Test Subject
#72 Old 8th Aug 2020 at 7:12 PM Last edited by The Dishonored One : 9th Aug 2020 at 8:04 PM.
I'm currently working on Dunwall-inspired Dishonored-style world. Not sure if I'll ever finish it though.
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#73 Old 10th Aug 2020 at 12:44 AM
I'm still working on a world called Pottersville, which is a Late Night/city world. I'm almost done but there's a lot of cleaning up and polishing I need to do before releasing it. Below are some recent screenshots:
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#74 Old 23rd Aug 2020 at 5:04 PM Last edited by bobgrey1997 : 23rd Aug 2020 at 5:17 PM.
Here's a little something of what I've been working on.

It is for a rather long-term project of mine where I am trying to build an authentic world based in rural United States.

[Edited]
Got a better picture, showing that it's not just a flat world.
Lab Assistant
#75 Old 9th Sep 2020 at 5:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bobgrey1997
Here's a little something of what I've been working on.

It is for a rather long-term project of mine where I am trying to build an authentic world based in rural United States.

[Edited]
Got a better picture, showing that it's not just a flat world.

Oh I love your road texture! And I adore "realistic" worlds based on real-life places! I'm working on one myself!
Page 3 of 4