Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Hacked COMPUTER (Not Global) << UPDATED 09/26/2007 <<

by monique Posted 19th May 2005 at 2:38 PM - Updated 26th Sep 2007 at 3:12 AM by monique

970 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 951 Feedback Posts, 18 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 39
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 19th May 2005 at 3:07 PM
:howdy: Hello :howdy:
More do not wait super Idde, long...
Okey will try out times immediately, thank-beautifully for this work and idea of you!
Greetings:-)

I´am Happy to be a Member ... .-))
Test Subject
#3 Old 19th May 2005 at 3:35 PM
Great Object.
Will try out right now.
Cheers :jk:
Test Subject
#4 Old 19th May 2005 at 4:03 PM
is the desk included in the zip if not could you please give us the link????PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
THANK u.....lol
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 19th May 2005 at 4:50 PM
Here is the link for the office desk that I used in my screenshots:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=62251
Field Researcher
#6 Old 19th May 2005 at 5:34 PM
you read my mind!!!!
Banned
#7 Old 19th May 2005 at 5:40 PM
thanks a lot for this
Test Subject
#8 Old 19th May 2005 at 6:11 PM
thanx monique xixi
Field Researcher
#9 Old 19th May 2005 at 6:26 PM
I stopped using the delivery man and started using boolProp to instantly fill-up the fridge. This wasn't to save money, but because I was so sick of it running out in the middle of the night and waking everyone up (not to mention the idiotic dancing and carrying-on from the delivery people). That sort of thing (which I suspect is deliberate) really irritates me!

Now my Sims can pay for their food again (which I would much rather they did - I have to pay for mine after all) so thanks very much for this. Will try it out and see how it goes.

WHY DO SIMS NEVER EXPERIENCE A MID-LIFE CRISIS?
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 19th May 2005 at 7:58 PM
woohoo!!! thankyou, this is great!!!
Test Subject
#11 Old 19th May 2005 at 11:12 PM
thanks, it sounds really cool
Field Researcher
#12 Old 20th May 2005 at 2:19 PM
This worked really well. I didn't know what to expect, but the food was instantly there and my sims were getting fed in no time. Thanks again!
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 20th May 2005 at 3:01 PM
:howdy: Hello
It does not function to marvelous, waits, immediately meals, now can the party of each time start!
Super idea of you!
Greetings all

I´am Happy to be a Member ... .-))
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 20th May 2005 at 4:06 PM
I'm glad that it works according to plan although just recently when I tried to review the scripts I found out that there were some duplications in my scripts, so I dry run again and tested it, launched the game compared it with the original one, and found no problem, so I'm not going to edit it so that we are all using the same version.
Kindly inform me if you find any problem.

Hi, Cinderella2005, I'm sorry and forgive my ignorance if I didnt get this "It does not function to marvelous" Does it mean that it's not functioning well to you?
Deviant Savant
retired moderator
#15 Old 20th May 2005 at 7:37 PM
If I select Chinese food and say no to delivery, no money is deducted but the food appears anyway. The other 2 function work normally tho.
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#16 Old 20th May 2005 at 7:42 PM Last edited by daysies : 20th May 2005 at 7:47 PM.
Monique - I already use Inge Jones' no refill fridge hack (where it refills automatically at midnight) but it's a global hack (it overrides all fridge bhavs). Perhaps you could consider making this a global hack so it's not directly tied to a computer? Just a thought. I'd definitely use this to order pizza and Chinese food, though. :D

Edit:
I just thought of something... in order to make it global, you might have to test with the other global computer hacks, like Pescado's novel writing status bar hack. Perhaps you might want to just tie this to the computer so you don't have to do such extensive testing. But if you have the time, it might be interesting to do.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#18 Old 21st May 2005 at 12:48 AM
Well, go back to the drawing board again...at least just one logic error for now

daysies, I was thinking that before making this a global hack coz not all of us like the cheap computer and not to mention that there are a lot of recolored computers out there that makes the game more fun. Dont worry I'm willing to go through extensive testing (modding is fun as long as I know a way how to do it and if I dont know it's not fun like the one I requested before I still dont know how to do it :weep: ). Let's consider this one as a pilot testing and wait for feedback. I think it's not hard to convert it as a global hack for I didnt mess up the original codes I'm just gonna add my scripts there just my opinion and of course following your advice by the book. :salute:
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 21st May 2005 at 2:38 PM
Great Object.
Will try out right now.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#20 Old 24th May 2005 at 11:38 AM
I added "STUDY" , maybe some of you would like to give it a try. Let me know if you have problems.
Test Subject
#21 Old 24th May 2005 at 2:41 PM
I'm SO HAPPY to be a member.
#22 Old 14th Jun 2005 at 1:46 AM
Monique when i tried the study computer i found my sims wouldn't look for jobs not sure if this is your computer causing it or another hack might be causing the problem i downloaded a bunch of hacks the same day
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#23 Old 14th Jun 2005 at 3:37 AM Last edited by monique : 16th Jun 2005 at 11:28 PM.
hi, niquel, to figure out which computer hack is causing that problems, here is my suggestion, first backup your "downloads" folder (cut and paste to other directory) then create a new downloads folder then place my computer hack there without any other hacks just my computer hack. Play the game and test it.
Then do the same procedure or add one by one the other computer hacks that you downloaded in order for you identify which one is causing it.

I hope that this suggestion would help you.
Test Subject
#24 Old 14th Jun 2005 at 9:18 AM
kewl, thanks
#25 Old 14th Jun 2005 at 11:36 PM
excellent bravo so cool!
Page 1 of 39