Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

More sensible "Can my friend come over, too?"

by kestrellyn Posted 21st May 2020 at 12:50 PM - Updated 2nd Feb 2021 at 4:16 AM by kestrellyn

37 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 10 Feedback Posts, 26 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 2
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 21st May 2020 at 4:00 PM
Oh, yay! Adding the name of the friend to the dialogue will make it a lot easier to make a decision.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 21st May 2020 at 5:17 PM
File under: "Things I didn't know I needed until someone made it"

This is awesome! Thanks so much.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#4 Old 21st May 2020 at 7:10 PM
Oh, this is great, because usually when they ask that in game, it usually means their spouse! (if the askee is married.)
I need this! Thanks so much!
Alchemist
#5 Old 21st May 2020 at 8:40 PM
When you say “you don’t need it” about phonehack, do you mean “phonehack is non-essential for gameplay”, or that your mod entirely replaces phonehack’s functionality?
For clarity, and for not keeping excess files if no longer needed!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#6 Old 21st May 2020 at 9:29 PM
Oh my gosh, adding the name makes so much sense.
Who asks if they can bring a friend without telling the host who it is?

Though, I don't actually mind the age difference thing, as long as they actually know each other. That sort of weirdness implies a story.

Thank you!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 22nd May 2020 at 12:39 AM
I mean phonehack is not required to use this mod. This mod does not replace all of phonehack's functionality.
Meet Me In My Next Life
THANKS POST
#8 Old 22nd May 2020 at 1:41 AM Last edited by Simonut : 22nd May 2020 at 2:01 AM.
@kestrellyn This is a wonderful idea and but here my problem when I ran the HCD( Hack Conflict Detection ) it show there is a Conflict with your mod and Pescado Phone Hack.
Now you said in your notes to load your mod after Pescado, but I have learn in the past from TwoJeff's in order for mods to work in harmony with each other you should load by using the modder name "first."

Therefore all my mods creators names are written first then a short version of the mod, my files have been that way for years so they are all in alphabetical order.
So there is no way your mod can be load after Pescado mod as you mention in your post notes. K comes before P I also have Monique Mod "No Friends From School" it was fine no conflict.
Even changing your name by adding a P it still show a conflict. I like your idea I think it's great but I don't know how in your game you found No conflict, with the two.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#9 Old 22nd May 2020 at 2:11 AM
Yes, HCDU will show the conflict, that is fine, as long as my mod loads last. Just make a folder for Pescado's mods labelled "Pescado" or something and put this mod in a new folder called "zLoadsAfterPescado" and the z will cause it to load last (and the name of the folder will remind you of the load order requirement).
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#10 Old 22nd May 2020 at 2:37 AM
Yay, thank you. Now I won't be tempted to say no all the time.
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 22nd May 2020 at 2:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MisterOctopus
File under: "Things I didn't know I needed until someone made it"

This is awesome! Thanks so much.

So agree!
Meet Me In My Next Life
#12 Old 22nd May 2020 at 3:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
Yes, HCDU will show the conflict, that is fine, as long as my mod loads last. Just make a folder for Pescado's mods labelled "Pescado" or something and put this mod in a new folder called "zLoadsAfterPescado" and the z will cause it to load last (and the name of the folder will remind you of the load order requirement).

Yes I mention in the post # 8 that all my mods go by the name of who made them, so I do not have to make a labeled with Pescado name it been that way for years, so I added a ZZ to your folder so it will come last.
All those it still show a conflict I will play my game and see if there is any problem ( I hope not this mod is needed ) and thanks again for sharing.
I do know sometime the HCDU can show one thing but still your game can be play without any problem I will see.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 22nd May 2020 at 4:26 AM
Thank you so much! It's always the nanny isn't it
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#14 Old 22nd May 2020 at 5:37 AM
It really is wonderful and I thank you for this. I never have to wonder again! :D
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#15 Old 22nd May 2020 at 10:30 AM
Oh god, I thought it was some mod for something like this, I can't believe that maxis left something like this in game, Thanks for fixing it :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 22nd May 2020 at 4:35 PM
Thanks! Please, add this for russian language: "Может ли $NeighborLocal:1 прийти вместе со мной?".
Because of our grammar, I had to rephrase the entire text, since in our language the names are declining. Sorry for my bad English
Scholar
THANKS POST
#17 Old 22nd May 2020 at 6:35 PM
Wow, thank you for showing that because I have tried to find DINA as just a sim all through out the game but I can't find her anywhere. Nina and Dina are sisters in the game with Moritimer but I just want to keep DINA but I don't know how. Is she stored in the female adult in the game because I even looked everywhere on this site to see if I could just have her face stored in a safe place. Do you know where I can get DINA's face in the game or download it somewhere because I realize it is nowhere to be seen. I like to play her all over again and its funny that the game didn't add her to the favorites. So, as in this picture, you must have Dina with Nina and I am asking you if you have her, could you please send me a site of where I can find her so I can place her in my favorite storage. Thanks.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#18 Old 22nd May 2020 at 8:03 PM
Yes adding the name is so helpful!! Thank you!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#19 Old 22nd May 2020 at 10:05 PM
@Flomalina, the characters aren't showing up for me, it must be a problem with MTS. Can you put the text into a text file, zip it, and attach it to a post here?

@Sims Girl, just have your game regenerate Pleasantview and then extract Dina's looks with SimPE.
Alchemist
#20 Old 22nd May 2020 at 10:59 PM
I mean phonehack is not required to use this mod. This mod does not replace all of phonehack's functionality.
Thanks, that's what I needed to know.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 23rd May 2020 at 12:19 PM
@Flomalina, the characters aren't showing up for me, it must be a problem with MTS. Can you put the text into a text file, zip it, and attach it to a post here?

Hello! I am a friend of Flomalina and since she has problems with the file upload, i'll send it in her place :D
Attached files:
File Type: txt  ru.txt (76 Bytes, 18 downloads)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#22 Old 23rd May 2020 at 4:14 PM
Thanks! I've added the translation.
Gone Fishin'
retired moderator THANKS POST
#23 Old 23rd May 2020 at 6:06 PM
Thank you for this! This makes so much more sense than the Maxis version. Now I might actually let Sims bring a friend over; I've been telling them "NO" for the past fifteen years or so. .

(BTW, re translations, in case you want to enable this for my native Swedish as well (hint, hint ), all you have to do is to insert the $NeighborLocal:1 after the word "kompis" on line 0xF (15) (so it reads "Får min kompis $NeighborLocal:1 följa med?") and you're good to go. I can do it for my own game easily enough, but just in case there are other Swedes out there who'd like to know whom their Sims' friends are bringing over. )
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#24 Old 23rd May 2020 at 6:33 PM
Thanks, I've done so!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#25 Old 24th May 2020 at 2:21 AM
Thank you for this! The random friend has always been a pet peeve of mine, especially since it's always someone terrible.
Page 1 of 2