Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#51 Old 16th Sep 2020 at 3:09 AM
They do not test a new dlc with all dlcs in and base game they just test the new dlc everytime.
Advertisement
Scholar
#52 Old 16th Sep 2020 at 5:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ticklish
They do not test a new dlc with all dlcs in and base game they just test the new dlc everytime.

You can't put "they" and "test" in the same sentence unless you add "don't" in the middle and "s***" at the end.
Instructor
#53 Old 16th Sep 2020 at 7:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bassoon_crazy
The Sims 3's bushes (save for one added in University Life - which IIRC is categorized as a tree - and one added into ITF) don't change for the seasons at all. So you have this same thing happen in TS3 (and TS2). Except TS4 still has the terrain changing and plenty of smaller plants (including the grasses and some flowers). So it looks even more awkward... But don't let it be understated how annoyed I was with TS3 for this.

So to see it rear its ugly head in TS4, which finally had improved upon the problem, is a bit infuriating. I know everyone's probably like "Who cares?". The Sims 4 Seasons is the only reason I got into the blasted game, because I'm shallow AF and love the winter aesthetic. It's fun to watch the seasons change in TS4, so much more than previous games. It's one of my very few weak spots that EA hit. Adding a playable woodwind/brass instrument is pretty much the only other one I can think of.

From modding, I know what resource you edit in these plants to make them turn turn brown for winter (I haven't figured out the flowers, though). I took one of these objects into S4S, and the resource is configured properly, so I really have no clue what is going on with them, and thus it's beyond my knowledge to fix them. =(

I've honestly never had that problem in my sims 3 game. All my bushes die during the winter. But just like I don't have all the issues some people have with glitches and bugs in the sims 4 the same can be said for the sims 3 for sure. I did come across a post on the EA Answers website and back in 2016 someone said in their game the bushes didnt change but in their sisters game they actuallly did die in the winter time. Its very strange.
Scholar
#54 Old 16th Sep 2020 at 1:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mspigglypooh
I've honestly never had that problem in my sims 3 game. All my bushes die during the winter. But just like I don't have all the issues some people have with glitches and bugs in the sims 4 the same can be said for the sims 3 for sure. I did come across a post on the EA Answers website and back in 2016 someone said in their game the bushes didnt change but in their sisters game they actuallly did die in the winter time. Its very strange.

...WHAT?

Gosh, you know what? I saw someone post a screenshot some years ago with a leafless bush and I asked them what it was, what mod they were using and they said it was just always there. I scoured every single plant and every single lot in the world they were using and couldn't find a bush like that one that went leafless for winter. (It was the world from SN). It was a complete mystery to me that I could never get to the bottom of.

I have never heard of this. No one I have ever talked to has mentioned the bushes/flowers going dormant for winter, and I have talked to a number of people and modders.

Are you sure it's the standard plants from build mode/in the world that are changing or is it garden plants?

Please provide more screenshots! PM me! This is blowing my mind if it's real!

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Instructor
#55 Old 16th Sep 2020 at 6:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bassoon_crazy
...WHAT?

Gosh, you know what? I saw someone post a screenshot some years ago with a leafless bush and I asked them what it was, what mod they were using and they said it was just always there. I scoured every single plant and every single lot in the world they were using and couldn't find a bush like that one that went leafless for winter. (It was the world from SN). It was a complete mystery to me that I could never get to the bottom of.

I have never heard of this. No one I have ever talked to has mentioned the bushes/flowers going dormant for winter, and I have talked to a number of people and modders.

Are you sure it's the standard plants from build mode/in the world that are changing or is it garden plants?

Please provide more screenshots! PM me! This is blowing my mind if it's real!

Once Its wintertime in my game again (Its currently autumn) I'll post screenshots. The few older ones I have from old saves there are a few in the background that are withered away. I was curious too if it were specific plants that acted a certain way, but I'm not sure exactly which plants. I know when building or renovating I use the build mode plants and those seem to respond to seasons.
Scholar
#56 Old 16th Sep 2020 at 6:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mspigglypooh
Once Its wintertime in my game again (Its currently autumn) I'll post screenshots. The few older ones I have from old saves there are a few in the background that are withered away. I was curious too if it were specific plants that acted a certain way, but I'm not sure exactly which plants. I know when building or renovating I use the build mode plants and those seem to respond to seasons.

I just really have to see this. All of the official screenshots show the plants behaving as I know them, no changes. There are some of them here . And there's even a modder I have talked with that who was planning to fix this issue. Here.

Did your copy of The Sims 3 Seasons come from an alternative universe or something?

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
Scholar
#57 Old 17th Sep 2020 at 1:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chax
I'm confused. Are your shrubs staying green during winter ??

In the trailer all the bushes get snowy : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yB5nTGm0j3Q

Random pics :
https://cdn.mos.cms.futurecdn.net/5...846-1200-80.jpg
https://mentalgamers.files.wordpres...00&h=900&crop=1
https://s3.gaming-cdn.com/images/pr...wallpaper-1.jpg

They get snow on them, that's not what we're talking about. The issue is that they remain all green and flowery underneath the snow. Here's a screenshot that particularly shows how tacky that is:

In The Sims 4, before the patch broke them, the bushes and shrubs went dormant for the winter, losing their flowers and turning dry brown.

I've never known any of The Sims 3's smaller plants (save for two, one from ITF and UL) to do that. They remain all green and flowery, like in the first screenshot posted above. It is very tacky and unrealistic. I didn't mean to make this go so off-topic. But now it is a problem in TS4, too.

Instructor
#58 Old 18th Sep 2020 at 11:28 AM
Did you know that the latest updates of Windows 10 are disallowing EA games to run because you have to allow them now? After a long while I started Sims 3 from Origin again and got these messages on the Notification Panel, (far right on the Taskbar) and had also one for Sims4 last week.

Virus and thread protection
Unauthorised changes blocked
Controlled Folder access blocked TS3.exe from making changes. Click to see settings.....

Plus the same warning for Sims3Launcher.exe

You have to go into Settings and add them to those allowed. Something similar to what we had to do some years ago I remember.
It looks to me like Microsoft and EA are working on their new app. to replace Origin where you'll have to use it to play Sims.
Scholar
#59 Old 18th Sep 2020 at 1:18 PM Last edited by Mrmo : 23rd Sep 2020 at 5:04 AM. Reason: Added info
OK, helpful. I have not been playing on my laptop for some time and the other day there was this massive update so I have to check if my game will run at all.

Edit (because I was last poster in this thread): Yes, my game did work greate. But on the other hand, this forum foes not. Since yesterday it's no use trying to view the download section on my phone (Android/Google Chrome) as ads covers the search box and mess it all up. And before that I had the "cookie settings" pop ups following me on every forum page not going away no matter how much I accepted cookies.
Page 3 of 3