Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Moonbase Apollo - "Far-Eastern", ahem... "Far-Earth" Vacation Subhood - Pet & Toddler Friendly! - No CC

by Jawusa Posted 10th Jul 2020 at 10:24 AM - Updated 10th Jul 2020 at 12:31 PM by Jawusa

32 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 18 Feedback Posts, 13 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 2
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
Original Poster
#2 Old 25th Jun 2020 at 1:09 PM Last edited by Jawusa : 30th Jun 2020 at 5:10 PM.
Default Lodgings in General
Moonbase Apollo has 5 hotels in total.
There are 2 expensive hotels and 1 moderate and 2 cheap hotels.
All of the hotels except the cheapest one have their own restaurants. The cheapest hotel has a food stand instead.
Screenshots

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Jun 2020 at 1:22 PM Last edited by Jawusa : 2nd Jul 2020 at 5:52 PM.
Default Moonbase Apollo Lodgings - Part 1 of 2
1. Cherryblossom Resort
Price Range: §§§§§
We're proud to say that Cherryblossom Resort is one most expensive and posh hotels in Moonbase Apollo; various celebrities have once stayed in our suites.
It's got everything you need for a perfect vacation; individual room service, spa, pool; it's even got its own sushi restaurant!
So... what do you want more?
Lot Value: §493,263
Lot Size: 5x5
Lot Type: Hotel
Number of stories: 2
Number of suites: 8

2. Bonsai Retreat
Price Range: §§§§
Pet & Toddler Friendly
Bonsai Retreat might be one of the expensive hotels in Moonbase Apollo, but it's worth the money.
You'll be peacefully amazed by the private mini zen garden we have in offer!
Lot Value: §426,861
Lot Size: 4x4

Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#4 Old 25th Jun 2020 at 1:32 PM Last edited by Jawusa : 9th Jul 2020 at 8:28 PM.
Default Moonbase Apollo Lodgings - Part 2 of 2
3. Notell Motel on the Moon
Price Range: §§§
When the founder of the famous Notell Motel in Bigg City & Fanny’s Private Tutoring in Land Grant University heard of Moonbase Apollo, that very same CEO came up with the idea of setting up that very same business onto the Moon.
Basically, it’s the same concept; not telling mom where all the money went while on holiday…
Lot Value: §221,504

4. Premier Inn
Price Range: §§
Pet & Toddler Friendly
This is one of the first lodgings in Moonbase Apolllo.
The rooms are still in capsules. By the way, the astronauts who had colonized this place lived in those capsules.
Lot Value: §196,124
Number of stories: 1

5. Traditional Inn
Price Range: §
Pet & Toddler Friendly
This is one of the cheapest hotels in Moonbase Apollo.
Some tourists complain this being too small, but hey, it's a cozy place to stay at if you haven't got much simoleons.
Lot Value: §186,483

My Simblr
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#5 Old 25th Jun 2020 at 1:44 PM Last edited by Jawusa : 3rd Jul 2020 at 10:11 PM.
Default Community Lots in General
Moonbase Apollo has 13 community lots in total.
4 of them are shops, 3 of them are parks (one with pool!), there's 1 spa, 1 observatory and 3 nightlife venues. The last one is the secret Pagoda in the Shadows lot.

Many of the community lots are pet & toddler friendly. One of the community lots is a graveyard and contains a few ghosts!

Also, I made sure that all of the Far-Eastern themed Vacation mementos can be unlocked here in Moonbase Apollo throughout gameplay. So, you'll see Ninjas spawning in the community lots of Moonbase Apollo and your sims will be able to learn the greetings from the locals, tai-chi, massages make wishes and such. Even the Wise Old Man scenario should be working. You know, where he'd tell the far-fetched fairytale ancient dragon legend.
Screenshots

My Simblr
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#6 Old 25th Jun 2020 at 1:47 PM Last edited by Jawusa : 8th Jul 2020 at 4:23 PM.
Default Moonbase Apollo Community Lots - Part 1 of 3
1. Lunar Market
Pet & Toddler Friendly
Need to fill your fridge? Your wardrobe seems empty? Bored of playing the same video games all over again? Need new collars for your pet?
Come here if you are in shopping mood; the Lunar Market has got it all.
Lot Value: §381,306
Lot Type: Community

2. Apollo Clothier & Jewelry
Noticed all the fancy stuff the locals of Moonbase Apollo wear?
Well, you can get them all here in this little pagoda!
We've got qipaos, precious jewels, lovely pet collars and some souvenirs, too!
Lot Value: §142,552
Lot Size: 3x3

3. Apollo Food Mart
This is one of Moonbase Apollo's traditional and old-fashioned grocery stores.
Don't forget to buy exotic food before you leave! Also, why don't you get to know new people and make friends with the locals here while running your errands?
Lot Value: §122,191

4. Apollo Tea House
We've still got traditional and old-fashioned restaurants with tea tables and all in Moonbase Apollo.
If you want to go for real spicy Asian food, then you're right here!
Lot Value: §108,884

My Simblr
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#7 Old 26th Jun 2020 at 7:44 AM Last edited by Jawusa : 9th Jul 2020 at 9:32 PM.
Default Moonbase Apollo Community Lots - Part 2 of 3
5. Lunar Zen Garden
Pet & Toddler Friendly
Welcome to the zen garden of Moonbase Apollo. This is where you can find peace, silence, concentration and inspiration!
Lot Value: §157,056

6. Lunar Park
Pet & Toddler Friendly
Of course, there're much bigger parks in Moonbase Apollo, but this one here's got a a skating rink. So, get out your skaters and show your skills off!
Lot Value: §76,769

7. Dihydrogen Monoxide Aquarium
Pet & Toddler Friendly
Just because there is no water on the Moon's surface doesn't mean that you can't enjoy water activities. Go for a swim and when you get hungry, we've got a restaurant, too!
Lot Value: §385,245

8. Apollo Springs Spa & Gym
Did you gain weight during vacation and all?
Well, then you may want to come to our gym, where you could exercise for an hour or two.
Afterwards, you can treat yourself in our lovely day spa. We provide massages, hot springs, saunas, you name it!
Lot Value: §193,297

My Simblr
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#8 Old 26th Jun 2020 at 8:33 AM Last edited by Jawusa : 9th Jul 2020 at 10:28 PM.
Default Moonbase Apollo Community Lots - Part 3 of 3
9. SkEye Observatory
A vacation to the Moon is never complete without a tour or two at the SkEye Observatory!
Observe the stars, the sun or the planets in our solar system.
Watch how the Earth rotates within a day. And maybe you'll find your house on Earth using our XXLarge Telescope... did someone just wave at you?
Lot Value: §226,883
Number of stories: 3

10. LunarBowl
Pet & Toddler Friendly
Want to take your family or date to a fun bowling outing while you're on vacation?
Well, then come to this place! We've got the best bowling lanes, burgers, juke boxes, you name it! We've got everything that a 50's diner has to offer!
Lot Value: §169,538

11. Nuclear Fission & Fushion!
Looking for a little fun during vacation?
Well.. then come to this nightclub if you wanna have a drink or two; meet new people; or if wanna dance, dance, DANCE as the atomic nuclei decay.
Lot Value: §204,306

12. Zero Division Arcade
Do you love playing games and just can't get away from them but you were told not play during vacation?
Well, why not sneak out and come to this place? There're plenty of other teenagers and children at this place. We promise not to tell your parents about it!
Lot Value: §124,378

My Simblr
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#9 Old 26th Jun 2020 at 8:42 AM Last edited by Jawusa : 8th Jul 2020 at 1:54 PM.
Default Moonbase Apollo - Pagoda in the Shadows (Secret lot)
Pagoda in the Shadows
Nestled in a quiet valley, this graceful structure exudes serenity. Yet you feel an inexplicable hurry to reach it. It's almost as if it were... your destiny.
Lot Value: §219,537
Lot Type: Secret Vacation Lot
Number of stories: 4

My Simblr
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#10 Old 26th Jun 2020 at 8:50 AM Last edited by Jawusa : 30th Jun 2020 at 5:23 PM.
Default Residential Lots in General
There are 7 empty vacation homes for sale in Moonbase Apollo! Prices range from very cheap to expensive! There are 2 starters (below §20,000), 3 moderate priced (§46,000 - §87,000) and 2 expensive mansions (§103,000 - §174,000).

None of the lots were used to move in sims. So all of the residential lots are free from sim references, also in the inhabited version. I moved the locals into a temporary residential lot and deleted that lot afterwards. If you like these lots, you can also move the vacation homes to the bin and place them in your main neighborhood. They'll automatically change into normal residential lots if you do so.

I only made a few vacation homes Pet & Toddler friendly, but you can still adapt these lots and actually make them Pet & Toddler friendly once you buy these houses.
I made them slightly furnished anyway, which is more realisitic in my opinion... you can't buy your perfect dream house with all the furnitures already placed for you.
Screenshots

My Simblr
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#11 Old 26th Jun 2020 at 9:03 AM Last edited by Jawusa : 8th Jul 2020 at 3:57 PM.
Default Moonbase Apollo Residential Lots - Part 1 of 2
1. Mansion at Lunar Eclipse
Pet & Toddler Friendly
This mansion is suitable for a family of six sims with pets. It's got a pool, a nice garden and if your children enjoy music, there's a piano in the living room as well.
Lot Value: §173,565
Lot Type: Residential
Number of bedrooms: 2
Number of bathrooms: 2.5

2. Little Taste of Asia
This Asian old-fashioned vacation home is just perfect for three sims who prefer rural housing. Although it's not too far from the city center, it still has the abandoned, peaceful type of atmosphere.
Lot Value: §102,052
Number of bathrooms: 2

3. Bamboo Retreat
This is the perfect vacation home for a family of three sims. The artificial bamboo forest is the perfect place for your children to play hide-and-seek.
Lot Value: §86,705
Number of bathrooms: 2

4. Waterlilies Everywhere
While this isn't a big cottage, but it certainly is a cozy one for two sims. Need a vacation home for your honeymoon? This cottage is what you're after.
Lot Value: §64,737
Number of bedrooms: 1
Number of bathrooms: 1

My Simblr
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#12 Old 26th Jun 2020 at 9:12 AM Last edited by Jawusa : 2nd Jul 2020 at 6:01 PM.
Default Moonbase Apollo Residential Lots - Part 2 of 2
5. Modern Cubism
Pet & Toddler Friendly
This modern little house is suitable for two sims. Its architecture is inspired by the modern art, mostly cubism. So, art-lovers who are into abstract art will find plenty of inspiration here.
Lot Value: §45,565
Lot Size: 2x2

6. Everything but Nice
This little house suitable for two sims. But it's far from finished. Walls need to be painted, there are no furnitures... and so on.
Will you accept the challenge to make this eyesore a showplace?
Lot Value: §19,992
Lot Size: 2x3

7. Broken Capsules
These are some of the broken Premier Inn capsules, ready to be rent for four sims. It's not as stable as the other houses, though. Meaning, you'll feel the extreme temperature changes... as well as the lack of atmospheric pressure, but it's a cheap place to stay at at least...
Lot Value: §19,986
Lot Size: 2x1
Number of bathrooms: 3

My Simblr
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#13 Old 26th Jun 2020 at 4:09 PM Last edited by Jawusa : 8th Jul 2020 at 3:55 PM.
Default Moonbase Apollo Locals
There are a total of 8 locals; 2 female adults, 2 male adults, 2 male teens and 1 female teen and 1 female child. They do behave like the locals in Takemizu Village and all... so, they'd bow as they should when your sims greet them.
Not to mention that there also are 6 ghosts haunting the Lunar Zen Garden. But I decided not to showcase them here... since they are a little, you know... special!

Some of the locals are related to each other, so check out their family trees (if you move them in)!

My Simblr
Mad Poster
#14 Old 10th Jul 2020 at 4:19 PM
OMG!!! This is sooooo great! Forget everything else I was gonna do today - this is going in my game NOW.
Thank you What fun! I can't wait to go check it out...

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#15 Old 10th Jul 2020 at 5:25 PM
Ohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygod...
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator THANKS POST
#16 Old 10th Jul 2020 at 7:05 PM
A lot of work in that Jawusa - very cool. I think some residents of Little Carping just might like to travel to the Moon for a holiday!
Theorist
THANKS POST
#17 Old 10th Jul 2020 at 8:37 PM
I think this world is incredible! Thank you for creating this.
Regards. Vic ^_^
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#18 Old 11th Jul 2020 at 2:49 AM
I showed this to my roommate and he was like "that was made in the Sims??? Wow."
Thanks for helping me demonstrate how cool this game can be to a former non-believer.
Theorist
THANKS POST
#19 Old 11th Jul 2020 at 3:05 AM
Whoa, No CC?! This is incredibly creative... well done.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#20 Old 11th Jul 2020 at 3:20 AM
AAAAAAAAA!!!! This came out amazing! I love it so much! And I'm so glad you put my dome ideas to such awesome use! sigh...... I wonder if I'll live long enough to be able to vacation on the Moon someday in real life...
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#21 Old 11th Jul 2020 at 5:54 AM
It looks good, but I think the download files might be mislabeled. I download the one that said with sims, but when I went to play the hood, I couldn't find a lot with a sim living in the hood.
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#22 Old 11th Jul 2020 at 2:30 PM
OMG! Thank you all for the nice comments, these really made my day! :lovestruc
This really means a great deal to me, since I've been working on these for YEARS! It's nice to read such encouraging words!

@pjb123 There are sims, yes, but they don't live in the neighborhood. They're just local townies wandering around!
(Actually, you can't have a sim/family living in a vacation neighborhood - only if you purchase a vacation home, but even then, it's just temporary.)

My Simblr
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 11th Jul 2020 at 9:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jawusa
OMG! Thank you all for the nice comments, these really made my day! :lovestruc
This really means a great deal to me, since I've been working on these for YEARS! It's nice to read such encouraging words!

@pjb123 There are sims, yes, but they don't live in the neighborhood. They're just local townies wandering around!
(Actually, you can't have a sim/family living in a vacation neighborhood - only if you purchase a vacation home, but even then, it's just temporary.)

Okay, thanks. I missed that in the instructions. Still cool vacation spot.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 13th Jul 2020 at 3:57 AM
Jawusa, you did an amazing job once again! This is such a creative idea that I cannot wait to incorporate in my game.

I cannot wait to see more hoods from you! You're a truly unique neighborhood creator that I look up to. So thank you!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#25 Old 13th Jul 2020 at 9:13 PM
OMG this is insane!! I just loved all of it!
Page 1 of 2