Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Autonomous gift giving at parties

by kestrellyn Posted 26th Jun 2020 at 11:00 PM - Updated 17th May 2023 at 6:15 AM by kestrellyn

62 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 41 Feedback Posts, 20 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 3
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#2 Old 27th Jun 2020 at 2:18 AM
This sounds awesome! Thank you for making and sharing it :-)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#3 Old 27th Jun 2020 at 2:44 AM
I really really love this concept. I think it adds a lot of character and realism to parties. Thank you so much for the work!
Alchemist
THANKS POST
#4 Old 27th Jun 2020 at 2:50 AM
Although kestrellyn has worked to make this super-configurable, I have to tell you guys, it's also just super fun right out of the box. Just plop it in and throw a party. I love autonomous action, and this one in "Christmas" mode is a hoot! Thanks, again, for a "Super" Santa gift, k! I know everyone will enjoy it as much as I have!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#5 Old 27th Jun 2020 at 3:43 AM
Thank you. Looking forward to trying this out in game first chance I get.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#6 Old 27th Jun 2020 at 9:28 AM
Wow, I finally have a reason to actually throw parties. I usually just opted for inviting over a dozen sims at once, because the timing and scoring is stressful and the benefits just don't ever seem worth it. Thanks!

And a million extra thanks for the elegant documentation and configurability. <3
Alchemist
THANKS POST
#7 Old 27th Jun 2020 at 11:37 AM
I may have to throw a party...this seems like a great mod!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 27th Jun 2020 at 12:47 PM
Seems amazing! I really like the idea of autonomous gifts for a birthday party and I love configurable mods. Thanks!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#9 Old 27th Jun 2020 at 3:07 PM
My god - you are amazing! I LOVE YOU!!! :D I've wanted this for AGES - thank you so much!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#10 Old 27th Jun 2020 at 3:08 PM
Thank-you!! I can't wait to try this in my game. It's definitely gameplay that I absolutely love.
Theorist
THANKS POST
#11 Old 27th Jun 2020 at 3:44 PM
An autonomous mod that makes an in-game option more interesting to do?... Why, yes and more yes! Thank you for this!

Also, thanks for the quick tip on editing your mod for personal use. As someone who tends to tweak mods to suit my gamyplay needs, I love when creators put out useful information/tips for users to edit on their own.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#12 Old 27th Jun 2020 at 4:42 PM
Thanks!I'll be using this to allow parties to be thrown as my BACC population gets big enough to support that.It's also going to make parties more worthwhile in my Homesteaders challenge which are both playing in TS2UC.
Test Subject
#13 Old 28th Jun 2020 at 11:21 AM Last edited by Sandi Sim : 20th Mar 2021 at 4:36 PM.
Thank you, this with your business transfers mod are a godsend! You are fast becoming my favourite creator! I want to add that your explanation of how the mod works is the clearest that I have seen in a long time. Thank you so much for your hard work.

Just wanted to update and say that this works really well: the nominated person can reject the gift if they don't like the giver which is what's supposed to happen. When I have opted for guest sims to gift anyone at the party, exchanges took place several times. Playable sims also gave autonomously and I saw the cost of the gift deducted from the playable household fund.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#14 Old 28th Jun 2020 at 3:30 PM
I can't wait to try this out! This will be a great feature to my game.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 28th Jun 2020 at 8:21 PM
Does anyone have a link to the baby objects that are included as gifts in this mod? I don't want to have to use the base game version.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#16 Old 28th Jun 2020 at 10:32 PM
Actually, I saw on the forum that all the store stuff was uploaded here at GoS in a more organized way than at MATY: https://gardenofshadows.org.uk/gard...p?topic=33099.0
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 28th Jun 2020 at 11:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
Actually, I saw on the forum that all the store stuff was uploaded here at GoS in a more organized way than at MATY: https://gardenofshadows.org.uk/gard...p?topic=33099.0

Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 9th Jul 2020 at 12:28 PM
this is a neat mod, finally seems can properly get birthday presents instead of just cake and yelling lol
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#19 Old 14th Jul 2020 at 8:25 PM
Does this have a possibility of working with Simler90's new parties if you fiddle with the load order? It sounds lovely, if it doesn't work I'll stay fingers crossed that the two of you work something out!~
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#20 Old 14th Jul 2020 at 8:27 PM
No. If simler's mod loads last, this one won't work, and if this mod loads last, some things in simler's mod won't work.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#21 Old 25th Oct 2020 at 4:02 PM
Makes parties real interesting than before. Thanks!
Test Subject
#22 Old 24th Nov 2020 at 1:36 PM
Sadly, doesn't work for me
I tested in a clean game and get an error "Bad gosub tree number" whenever a person tries to give a present. I've got Uni, NL, OFB, Seasons, BV and FT. I'm disappointed 'cause I love the idea so much
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#23 Old 24th Nov 2020 at 10:57 PM
Can you post the error log?
Test Subject
#24 Old 27th Nov 2020 at 10:19 AM
Default Error log
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
Can you post the error log?

Sure, attached it.
Attached files:
File Type: txt  ObjectError_N002_t195422.txt (38.5 KB, 6 downloads)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#25 Old 27th Nov 2020 at 10:07 PM
Ok, I've uploaded a version of the social object that shouldn't require AL now (still called partygiftssocialobject-BaseGame). Try that and see if it works.
Page 1 of 3